Looking to print from my playbook, any help?
    05-10-13 11:57 AM
    I don't believe this is possible.

I think you have to email the document, and print from a computer, or there are printers that will receive an email and print directly.

There have been other threads on this topic, so you might find some more suggestions if you have a look for those.

Please post back if you find a good solution!

Chris.
    05-10-13 12:10 PM
    Looking to print from my playbook, any help?
    Not directly. Various workarounds involving sending to computer and then printing to an attached printer, some automated.

Probably the least annoying is to purchase an "e-print" capable printer which are fairly common and cheap eg HP ePrint models. The printer has an email address that you send documents to which are then printed. I used this for a while and it works... OK.
    05-10-13 12:10 PM
    If you have a Dropbox account, it can be set up to print any document you transfer to it from your Playbook. See here: http://www.labnol.org/internet/print...-phones/17827/
    05-10-13 12:51 PM
    If you have a Dropbox account, it can be set up to print any document you transfer to it from your Playbook. See here: How to Print Files from any Mobile Phone using Dropbox
    Yeah, that's one of the workarounds requiring a powered on computer with a connected printer. I set that up with an Automator script on a Mac about a year and a half ago. Lasted about a month.
    05-10-13 01:51 PM
    I have the "e-print" HP5510 printer. It has its own email address so I simply email it from my Playbook. It will also print attachments so no problems with photos etc. Works like a charm.
    05-10-13 02:24 PM
    There is also an app that can print but it needs a module installed on your computer. I think the developer is Daniel Bigham. Simply called PRINT.
    Last edited by F2; 05-10-13 at 02:47 PM.
    05-10-13 02:33 PM
    I have the "e-print" HP5510 printer. It has its own email address so I simply email it from my Playbook. It will also print attachments so no problems with photos etc. Works like a charm.
    I had a PDF attachment which, when I attempted to print via email to an HP, complained that it was too large. Forget exactly, but I think it was over 10 MB.

Of course I discovered this right before a deadline. I now have an iPad.
    05-10-13 02:34 PM
    If you have a HP wireless printer then you can print photos or documents by attaching and sending them to your hpeprint account. If you want to print through your pc there are some apps like print or print my files.
    05-12-13 11:38 AM