My new Playbook is constantly asking for Gmail and POP email passwords, is there a fix for this yet? I am not enjoying using it while every minute or so have to input a email password in.
    03-09-12 12:39 PM
    When you are signed in do you have the keep me logged in box checked? I think you need them to either / both remember you and keep you logged in when you leave. Don't clear cookies.
    03-09-12 01:56 PM
    Does it have to be pop or can you do imap? I don't know about a lot of this stuff but I was having the same password problem and it went away after I disabled pop.
    03-09-12 02:10 PM
    I had this happen. The fix was to simply delete the Gmail account then recreate it with all services turned on. After the first sync you can turn off calendar, email or contacts if you don't want them but they do all need to be on when you first create the account.

Hope this helps.
    Scotter75 likes this.
    03-09-12 02:41 PM
    What I did was hit cancel on the prompt. Then go to the accounts setup and you will see the account is invalid in red letters. Tap on it and reenter ALL the passwords.
    03-09-12 02:46 PM
    I had the same problems. I just did what stewartj1 said(thx for the tip, btw!), and deleted the account. Once I recreated it, it was problem-free.
    Scotter75 likes this.
    04-12-12 12:00 PM
    Try saving the domain name within the Account configuration settings for the particular email account.
    04-12-12 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD