It's actually pretty easy. Follow these simple steps.

1. Find a friend with Netflix.
    1b. Not the friend mentioned in your post.
    2. Buy them a Playbook.
    3. Have them set up the Playbook in front of their TV.
    4. Start a video chat.
    5. Ask them to turn their Netflix onto the movie or show you want to watch.

For a total of $200 expended, you've got two tablets, a really good friend, and Netflix! And as an added bonus, free video chat with your new best friend. ^_^
    Best post yet
    10-15-12 05:12 AM
    Geez...I did do my research...at the end of my first post I said BESIDES PlayOn and Flix... I guess I will have to make it more clear next time..

It's not just Netflix its the other apps like Skype that I realized are not even supported...

I'll consider $50 (all its worth really)

Posted from My Mobile App
    yeah lacking on research but really if you feel that missing skype and netflix is major you dont realize what you have.
    aol.com/av solves your video chat issue
    Crackle.com solves your movie issue streaming movie issue
    Watch all movies online for FREE solves all your other movies issues

and playbook video chat is nice call me @ [email protected] if you want to test that out
    10-15-12 05:20 AM
    It's amazing how when people complain about what's missing, they list BOTH Netflix and Skype. Two totally unrelated apps, and also the most complained about in this forum. I can almost understand a new person coming in and not searching and ASKING about one or the other, but to come in and specifically complain about both at once, claiming to have done research, is just such an odd coincidence.

(Not like the OP of this thread is the first to do this exact thing, either.)

Also to the OP, you've had your PlayBook since the beginning of September (according to your post history) and if you're only now discovering those apps are missing, you must have not needed them too badly in the first place, lol.
    10-15-12 05:28 AM
    Of course there is Amazon Prime which plays fine on my PlayBooks and has a very good selection.

But for those for whom life is incomplete without NetSux, DON'T BUY A PlayBook! You will just complain to a forum that doesn't care.
    Last edited by jrohland; 10-15-12 at 11:05 AM.
    Jonesy1966 and sputneek like this.
    10-15-12 06:52 AM
    Of course there is Amazon Prime which plays fine on my PlayBooks and has a very good selection.

But for those for whom life is incomplete without NetSux, DON"T BUY A PlayBook! You will just complain to a forum that doesn't care.
    It doesn't work with every movie unfortunatly.

On a side note, I love how the troll is being trolled.

To the OP, please let us know when your pb i sold so we throw a going away party.
    10-15-12 07:03 AM
    10-15-12 08:06 AM
    like OMG playbook suckz guyz
    sputneek likes this.
    10-15-12 03:54 PM
    It's amazing how when people complain about what's missing, they list BOTH Netflix and Skype. Two totally unrelated apps, and also the most complained about in this forum. I can almost understand a new person coming in and not searching and ASKING about one or the other, but to come in and specifically complain about both at once, claiming to have done research, is just such an odd coincidence.

Also to the OP, you've had your PlayBook since the beginning of September (according to your post history) and if you're only now discovering those apps are missing, you must have not needed them too badly in the first place, lol.
    EXACTLY. He didn't need it until his friends pointed out that he didn't have it. Now the tablet is completely useless?

Mine is quite useful. PlayOn gives me free Hulu and streams my NetFlix, although I watch them on my Roku or Wii more frequently. But it's nice to have access for those 2-3 times a year when I want to watch something while on the go.

Another free movie site that works great on the PB is popcornflix.com
    10-15-12 04:21 PM
    I LOVE this thead. I am simply trolling along here witnessing another facepalm moment, and enjoying watching the vultures descend. priceless.

but seriously...can I make a skype to netflix call so I can chat to the film? I have no friends to buy a second pb for and try the video chat idea, well except the hobo down the street, but he doesn't have wifi or a data connection.

Fed.

over and out
    10-15-12 04:47 PM
    Reading all your posts is hilarious! I didn't realize I would strike such a cord with the die hard Playbook/RIM supporters.

In any case I followed the steps suggested by Mr. Multi-Focus and I have solved the Netflix issue. thanks! :-)

Posted from My Mobile App
    10-15-12 05:45 PM

They are two of the most popular apps out there. Have stayed consistently in Top 50 for iOS since being available. Not too farfetched.
    EXACTLY. He didn't need it until his friends pointed out that he didn't have it. Now the tablet is completely useless?

Mine is quite useful. PlayOn gives me free Hulu and streams my NetFlix, although I watch them on my Roku or Wii more frequently. But it's nice to have access for those 2-3 times a year when I want to watch something while on the go.

Another free movie site that works great on the PB is popcornflix.com
    PlayOn lets me watch hulu for free? Why hasn't this been made into a bigger deal?
    10-16-12 10:30 AM
    PlayOn lets me watch hulu for free? Why hasn't this been made into a bigger deal?
    Probably because the idea of having these apps is more important than actually using them. How much 7 inch TV do you watch?
    sputneek likes this.
    10-16-12 11:24 AM
    Probably because the idea of having these apps is more important than actually using them. How much 7 inch TV do you watch?
    It's perfect for a 20 minute show before bed. I've got lots of shows on my PlayBook. It's also great for flights.
    soren203 likes this.
    10-16-12 11:53 AM
    I have three Playbooks and love them. I don't need skype because the only one I would skype is my mother so my son can talk to her, And she has a playbook for video chat 8-).

The Playbook is a great device. I would love to see netflix on it. I have phoned netflix and requested it (they say RIMM needs to make an app not there problem). I still think the tablet has a lot to offer, and for 100 bucks you probably spent on it, its a great piece of technology. As a mobile book reader with Kindle / and Kobo installed on it , it has value to me.

Playbook and a blackberry phone is super fantastic!! I love texting and BBM'ing from the tablet..
    10-16-12 12:00 PM
    Reading all your posts is hilarious! I didn't realize I would strike such a cord with the die hard Playbook/RIM supporters.

In any case I followed the steps suggested by Mr. Multi-Focus and I have solved the Netflix issue. thanks! :-)
    Hope that means you're keeping the PB, and encouraging your friend to get one.

I can't believe no one has mentioned ephone as a skype replacement. It's better than skype in my opinion, and the calls to land lines are free. Just make sure to use earphones, or the speaker sound will be picked up by the microphone and the other party will hear an echo of their own voice (took a while to figure what was causing this... ephone support initially blamed it on the IP).

Opps - didn't realize Mr. Matrix was being sarcastic. Anyway, check out the ephone app.
    bkurant likes this.
    10-16-12 03:18 PM
    How did you sideload Skype. Which build and does the video work. Where
    did you get the bar file?
    10-31-12 12:27 AM
    How did you sideload Skype. Which build and does the video work. Where
    did you get the bar file?
    Sideloaded skype will NOT work.. No build will work..
    10-31-12 12:48 AM
    Wait. Netflix isn't available on PlayBook? Is Skype available? Why isn't there threads about this?????

Obviously there is no use to this tablet at all! This $200 hardware is worth $50 while the 2 apps are worth $75 each.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-31-12 01:06 AM
    What's Netflix?
    10-31-12 03:54 AM
    What's Netflix?
    It's a service that we don't get on the Playbook apparently.
    10-31-12 08:23 AM
    I proceeded to search App World thinking it would be a simple download...no luck...hmm..

Geez...I did do my research..
    Hmm.. Indeed.
    10-31-12 08:46 AM
    I'll consider $50 (all its worth really)
    Translation: I don't actually have one ... am just here to stir up trouble and be a troll.
    10-31-12 08:49 AM
    Splashtop... Route to your home computer and stream online from there....
    drfleury likes this.
    10-31-12 11:15 AM
    Splashtop... Route to your home computer and stream online from there....
    NIce out of the box thinking. Here's another out of the box idea.

1. Start Netflix app on your iOS, Android, or Windows tablet.

2. Turn on Playbook camera and point it to the other tablet's screen.

Voila, you're watching Netflix on the Playbook!
    10-31-12 11:32 AM
    Anyway. Netflix sucks hard. Nothing worth watching. only old series and B movies...and not the best.
    10-31-12 12:04 PM
89 1234