BlackBerry World is dead, pretty much no Android apps support 2.2 anymore, and it can't handle modern web pages. Is there really any use for this tablet in 2022?
    cribble2k likes this.
    12-31-21 12:57 PM
    BlackBerry World is dead, pretty much no Android apps support 2.2 anymore, and it can't handle modern web pages. Is there really any use for this tablet in 2022?
    Electronics recycling.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-31-21 01:56 PM
    What I meant was any use for the tablet that's not just getting rid of it
    horia_m likes this.
    12-31-21 02:08 PM
    Portable music player. Great speakers.
    Laura Knotek, dmlis and Cracklen like this.
    12-31-21 02:09 PM
    Portable music player. Great speakers.
    Compared to a small Bluetooth speaker like a Wonderboom? Let's be serious.
    12-31-21 02:14 PM
    Compared to a small Bluetooth speaker like a Wonderboom? Let's be serious.
    He already owns it. My response is serious. Yours is unhelpful. It’s snark. Let’s be serious.
    12-31-21 07:09 PM
    He already owns it. My response is serious. Yours is unhelpful. It’s snark. Let’s be serious.
    He likely has one or more Bluetooth speakers too.
    12-31-21 07:10 PM
    He likely has one or more Bluetooth speakers too.
    Solid point. Clearly that was the thought process you were following.
    12-31-21 07:55 PM
    Incorrect. I do have a bluetooth speaker, but it's literally a 4 dollar one. Anything is better.
    horia_m likes this.
    12-31-21 09:54 PM
    One helluva drinks coster.
    01-01-22 05:37 AM
    What I meant was any use for the tablet that's not just getting rid of it
    It works as a pretty decent e-photoFrame when one has something like FilesAndFolders loaded. Especially if connected to a dock.
    axllebeer likes this.
    01-01-22 07:50 AM
    I plan to continue to use mine as a casual game device, movie and video player until it becomes unusable. It's loaded with a bunch of games and movies, so as long as it works, I'll keep using it.
    i_plod_an_dr_void and horia_m like this.
    01-01-22 11:25 AM
    There used to be some really good DOSBOX games available
    01-01-22 11:26 AM
    Let's be realistic here, anything the Playbook can do right now some other device can do it all better. That doesn't mean it should be relegated to the land fill (yet... let's wait 4 days and see what happens).

- Music player. I agree they are darn good speakers that punch above their weight and they surprise me every time. I'm sure you could find better Bluetooth speakers, but anything you name, I'll find one better. Get the best one and I'll find a better wired one. The speaker you have in hand is better than any thing somebody else has.
    - Basic email and calendar. Let's not kid around, with a lot of accounts and thousands of emails, it runs slow. But it runs and calendar still syncs to my Outlook and iCloud and it's still one of the most beautiful and useful calendar apps I've used.
    - Youtube. Yeah, believe it or not, still works. Run the Origami browser posing as an iPad.
    - Video player. Still a decent screen (just don't compare side by side), it's a nice compromise between portability and usability. Works great if I have downloaded videos and just want to chill on the couch.
    - Play some games. The big drop of BAR'S that came out a while ago had a lot of oldies but goodies.

In general I pack it on trips where I might want a media player but don't want to carry anything too bulky. For music and video it still works absolutely fine and no slowness to deal with.
    If you have it, use it, but please don't go out and acquire one!!!
    01-01-22 11:42 AM
    ...If you have it, use it, but please don't go out and acquire one!!!
    Agree.
    grover5 and Enyigma like this.
    01-01-22 11:59 AM
    Physical Training apps....like Max Capacity Training seem promising.
    01-01-22 06:45 PM
    Always liked mine as an hdmi interface for presentations. BlueTooth Linked Bold TrackPad, ToolBelt and PKB ShortCuts makes for wonderful presentation pointer, page, etc control. Even in pocket while moving about room. Haven't tried it lately but no internet required AFAIK.
    Enyigma likes this.
    01-01-22 08:27 PM
    For me it's a bed-side and travel companion for media, games, voice memos, clock and notes. The fact that it's not connected to the Internet is perfect as I don't want the Internet in the bedroom, and enjoy disconnecting during travel.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-22 10:21 AM
    For me it's a bed-side and travel companion for media, games, voice memos, clock and notes. The fact that it's not connected to the Internet is perfect as I don't want the Internet in the bedroom, and enjoy disconnecting during travel.

Posted via CB10
    I still use my Z10 for its awesome bedside mode and clock/alarm. Basically, a not connected alarm clock. I never got into using the Playbook for such because I never found a similar suitable clock/alarm app/bar/apk or mode for it (for on the Playbook). I would be interested to know what alarm/clock app you use on the Playbook.
    01-02-22 10:26 AM
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you can do many things with it still.. I use mine as a daily driver.. First the audio is outstanding.. Next how about visiting every website in the world? limited? sure but all the websites still work you need to sideload opera mini 4.2... what about youtube? yes it work vidmade works.. how about streaming movies go to goodereader download filmontv... imdb works, latitude works.. forwards all your mail to a hotmail address and incoming/sending mail works... keeping this bad boy alive going into 2022 f the haters browse any site in the world get opera mini from here user search these forums you will find the link to opera mini 4.2 for playbook
    Last edited by playbook_2021; 01-02-22 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Playbook is steal a beast
    Enyigma and zer0ten like this.
    01-02-22 10:40 AM
    I still use my Z10 for its awesome bedside mode and clock/alarm. Basically, a not connected alarm clock. I never got into using the Playbook for such because I never found a similar suitable clock/alarm app/bar/apk or mode for it (for on the Playbook). I would be interested to know what alarm/clock app you use on the Playbook.
    I use the native clock for the alarm and BeClock Night for the display.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-22 11:14 AM
    For my "non-audiophil's " ears, PB speakers are better than of the most tablets I owned in the past years. Playback through the headphones is decent as well.
    Comparision to the modern Bluetooth speaker is "apple to orange", since PB is both the player and the speaker(s), of course. But I dare to say, that PB speakers sound as good(bad) as any modern Bluetooth speaker under $25.
    By the way, the recording quality is not bad. I used PB in past to record street musicians during my trips.

From tomorrow, I'll follow bb10adopter111 example and will use PB as the offline device only. Still, I'll find it useful. Neutron Music Player - Bluetooth adapter - Marantz receiver. Or directly to my beloved V Moda Remix speaker.
    Last edited by dmlis; 01-03-22 at 01:49 AM.
    Enyigma likes this.
    01-02-22 01:28 PM
    For my "non-audiophil's " ears, PB speakers are better than of the most tablets I owned in the past years. Playback through the headphones is decent as well.
    Comparision to the modern Bluetooth speaker is not really "apple to orange", since PB is both the player and the speaker(s), of course. But I dare to say, that PB speakers sound as good(bad) as any modern Bluetooth speaker under $25.
    By the way, the recording quality is not bad. I used PB in past to record street musicians during my trips.

From tomorrow, I'll follow bb10adopter111 example and will use PB as the offline device only. Still, I'll find it useful. Neutron Music Player - Bluetooth adapter - Marantz receiver. Or directly to my beloved V Moda Remix speaker.
    Just recognize that the PlayBook's decade-old Bluetooth will not offer audiophile-quality sound, and will bypass the DAC that makes it so good in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-22 01:55 PM
    I use the native clock for the alarm and BeClock Night for the display.

Posted via CB10
    I've got about 20 clock apps on my Playbook. I tried to try every possible option for turning my Playbook into a "Clock" about a year or so ago. The BeClock Night and Day apps are nice. Almost about as close as possible to the BB10 bedside mode clock. Just missing the integrated alarm list if I remember correctly.

There are a couple of Binary Clock apps that are neat. So also are: Nixie Clock, Polar Clock, PhysicsClock, GLClock, Simple Digital Clock and TAT (talking and written alarm and) Clock (Demo).
    01-02-22 03:19 PM
    Check out Top Music in BBW for music from the world. Works great but you have to tap on the country flag - not the song name.
    01-02-22 03:53 PM
162 123 ...