I paid $549 plus tax last September for my 64G and I don't regret it. I've loved every minute of it. Also love my 9930. The realization that RIM apparently hasn't changed a bit, however, makes me sad. I had high hopes for BB10 but am now considering the sobering fact that we may never see it on the Playbook despite all the assurances from the powers that be. Feeling like the swan song has begun and a little like I've been punched in the gut. I pray I'm wrong because I don't care for iPads/Phones or Androids. I would hate to be without a physical keyboard on my bb. No, it's not the end of the world but is very depressing indeed.
    06-28-12 10:32 PM
    There are threads and a good poll on this.
    06-28-12 11:14 PM
    On April 19th 2011, release day, I bought my 64gb for $699. I was the ONLY customer at Futureshop at the early opening. Too bad I didn't know then that was a sign.

But I use my PB constantly and never pass up an opportunity to plug it and espouse it's virtues. In my view, it's priceless.
    06-29-12 12:28 AM
    The first 2 16GBs were bought at full price. The second 2 64GBs were bought at the discount. My personal is a 64Gb that gets more use than either of my 2 iPads or the Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet primarily because it fits in my pocket. I'm not an app hog and can access all company needed items through our intranet using PBs browser just fine. The Thinkpads are deployed company wide because field techs needed to process credit cards.

I don't understand people. My purchasing decisions are made at the time of the purchase. Not 16 months in the future. Why do people "regret" purchases? The past is over. You can't DeLorean back and change the purchase. Seems foolish to cry over spilled milk.
    Last edited by mkelley65; 06-29-12 at 02:37 AM.
    06-29-12 02:21 AM
    This will make you feel better, I paid retail for my 64gig PlayBook about 1 month after it came out. For what I paid you could buy 2 1/2 16gig PlayBooks today.
    It has been worth every penny to me though.
    Long live the Rimpire
    Same here... I'm one of those early birds...

But no longer in whiny... two years, I believe is worthy afterall when you are still using the device... regardless it is improved drastically or not... I'm not a die hard fan of any devices, since I'm the one who is paying not the other way around... I might express my dissatisfaction, but usually move on when I'm not satisfied with what I got...
    06-29-12 02:23 AM
    I paid $549 plus tax last September for my 64G and I don't regret it. I've loved every minute of it. Also love my 9930. The realization that RIM apparently hasn't changed a bit, however, makes me sad. I had high hopes for BB10 but am now considering the sobering fact that we may never see it on the Playbook despite all the assurances from the powers that be. Feeling like the swan song has begun and a little like I've been punched in the gut. I pray I'm wrong because I don't care for iPads/Phones or Androids. I would hate to be without a physical keyboard on my bb. No, it's not the end of the world but is very depressing indeed.
    BlackBerry has been known for delaying or pushing back dates.. I really thought that would change with Thorsten, maybe in the future.?.? Anyway whats up with everyone talking like BB10 isnt going to ever get released for the PlayBook all of a sudden?? BB10 is on its way.. Just taking longer than we all hoped.. & you will get your BB10 phones with a keyboard also. Delays definitely suck but (we should be used to it by now) like people said earlier id rather wait a couple months for a phone to be done right then for it to come out garbage.. I just wish when a delay happens people would stop assuming that means its cancelled all together.. Oh yea & btw i paid full price for my first PB & got my second one at the discounted price. Honestly i dont regret paying full price.. I couldnt wait for it to come out after all the damn delays.. Lol
    06-29-12 04:50 AM
    i bought mine at full price (32gb); do i regret buying at full price - yes, do i regret buying? not sure is the honest answer. I want a keyboard, i really dislike typing on a screen
    FF22 likes this.
    06-29-12 06:35 AM
    Bought mine off CL for $275 two weeks before the big $199 announcement. No regrets. Love it, use it all the time, fantastic for watching movies, handy 'cause it fits into the purse. It even works with the new Toronto Real Estate Board software (they had to write a specific version for the iPad 'cause it wouldn't work!) so I'm all-in-all a very happy camper. Picked up the leather case/stand and now it sits on my desk all the time when I'm home. I can even make perfect boiled eggs now thanks to the 'app for that'.

RIM is fantastic in their service - my supplied travel charger pooched and they sent me a rapid charger in replacement. Didn't even expect me to box up and return the dead unit. Great service!
    06-29-12 07:29 AM
    I purchased from best Buy on the day of launch after a pre-Order sales from about three weeks earlier to be sure to get one of the 32 gig models which were in high demand at launch from BB loyalist so I shelled out 599.00 for the first one and added in Best Buy black tie insurance for additional 3 year plan since it was basically a beta platform and I did not know for certain what to expect. However, after only one hardware oriented issue which Best Buy rectified under the Black tie insurance plan I received a new BB PB and have been using it over a full year both at work and on the road and in my home.
    I have witnessed 5 more BB PB's be purchased at 199.00 and 249.00 16 gig and 32 gig since my purchase after seeing me use mine. I have purchased three more units for the functionality of the bridge and video chat for and with family members and relatives.

I look forward to BB 10 and I for one among many do not think RIM is done for as yet....
    RIMPIRE strikes back!
    06-29-12 08:56 AM
    I'm a day 1 buyer of my 32gb PlayBook (actually Best buy preorder) and I have no regrets. I use it every day as a replacement for my netbook. It saved me from buying a new laptop and if I really need a PC for something then I can wait till I go home and use my trusty 6yr old desktop running Ubuntu.
    06-29-12 09:13 AM
    I didn't jump in the first time the price dropped to 199.00 so I decided to try one of the discount 7" tablets for 99.00, it was terrible and I took it right back. So I swore the next time the price dropped again on the PB, I'd at least get the 16 gb when it did. After much consternation, I decided to go ahead and get the 32 gb for 249.00 instead and it's worked out great. My son uses it quite a bit to play online games and we don't have to argue over who uses the laptop. It's also nice to have if I need to look something up on the net quickly instead of having to load laptop or burning battery on my phone. In all honesty, if it was still priced where it was before, I doubt I would have bought one...it's all about finding the proper price point for you. I do wish there were certain things I could do with it like skype or watch netflix movies but, I have my laptop until those features become available.
    Last edited by b-dubya; 06-29-12 at 09:46 AM.
    06-29-12 09:40 AM
    I paid full retail for a 32gig roughly 8 or 9 months ago. I got it when I was due for a phone upgrade, so it made a nice partner to my 4g Torch.

Do I regret getting it? No. Do I wish I had waited? Not sure. Does my wife b!tch about the price I paid for it? Definately!

In the end I love it, I use it all the time. It isn't a replacement for my phone or my computer, but it does fill a need often enough that I'm not giving it up any time soon. What ever comes of the 2.1 and BB10 futures is simply a bonus for me because I honestly got it for what it could do at the time, not what it was rumored to do at some future point. I guess being an educated buyer and managing the expectations going in has helped me be happier with my purchase.
    06-29-12 11:59 AM
    pre-ordered mine @ futureshop so paid full price. I still love it! use it for work every day, I love the size, its perfect to travel with.
    06-29-12 01:07 PM
    Haha I paid full price for mine. I bought a 16GB (I wanted a 32GB but they were all sold out) when they first came out and spend $500. Worth every penny.
    06-29-12 01:58 PM
    $699.99 so in essence, close to 1k with, leather case, a skin and the case keyboard combo. I feel like a fool looking back. Never buying a tablet for more then $399 ever again, they're not worth it. Newness prices are already starting to die with the market flooded and we're seeing reasonable prices come around.
    06-29-12 02:47 PM
    I got my 32GB for $239 a few months ago on E-Bay, there seemed to be a large number of PlayBooks being sold thru different "clearance" brokers. There were over a 1000 sold the day I bought mine.

Bridge was the main reason...
    06-29-12 03:03 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD