I know movie and video content has been discussed many times, but I haven't seen a definitive answer. Tried searching the forum, but I can't find the answer.

Is there a current way to get full-length movies onto the PB without streaming? One of my hopes when I bought my PB was to be able to play a movie or two in a vehicle during road trips where WiFi isn't feasible. I looked into Amazon, but I'm not sure if that allows downloads. I don't want the hassle of dealing with torrent sites. I'm ok with paying for rentals; I just haven't seen how to do it easily. I'm not even sure what formats are currently playable if that is an issue.

Memorial Day is just around the corner, and I haven't seen any talk of updates to allow this.
    05-14-11 10:15 AM
    The hassle with dealing with torrent sites? They are simple and easy to use. That's the way I always download movies, then I just drag and drop them onto my PB. If not that, find a program to RIP any movies you own onto your computer, then sync them to your PB.
    05-14-11 10:22 AM
    As long as a movie is saved in a supported format, you should be able to save a movie on your pc and drop it into the video's folder for viewing later. I would presume you could through your browser on the playbook, download a movie for later viewing. I know the former works, but the latter I have not tried.
    05-14-11 10:22 AM
    The hassle with dealing with torrent sites? They are simple and easy to use. That's the way I always download movies, then I just drag and drop them onto my PB. If not that, find a program to RIP any movies you own onto your computer, then sync them to your PB.
    Every torrent site I've seen has PITA ratios that are tough to meet when you're new and trying to learn what you're doing. But I'm definitely a newb when it comes to handling video, so any tips to ease the process are definitely appreciated

I don't buy too many movies (I can't watch the same thing over and over), so I don't have much available to rip from.

I guess I'm hoping to find something dumbed down, similar to the instant queue on Netflix. Looks like I probably need to learn a little more about torrents.
    05-14-11 10:42 AM
    just download movies, you can use ant video downloader or internet download manager, try to find movies @ movie2k.com or solarmovies.com
    05-14-11 10:54 AM
    just download movies in mp4, avi, Idk if any other formats are supported and just drag and drop via usb or wifi to your playbook.
    05-14-11 12:42 PM
    Subscribe to a newsgroup service that offers a web interface such as easynews.com. Search, download and play right from your Playbook - no PC needed.
    05-14-11 12:57 PM
    currently you can stream movies from YouTube - Movies.
    05-14-11 01:09 PM
    just download movies, you can use ant video downloader or internet download manager, try to find movies @ movie2k.com or solarmovies.com
    Thanks enzo07i. Using IDM with movie2k.com is pretty easy. I needed that little push to get over the hump. I know there are a ton of sites out there, but until you suggested IDM it was like the wild west.
    05-14-11 04:56 PM
    Search on megaupload, there are a few sites out there that categorize the site for easy links to movies and TV series.
    Altarocks likes this.
    05-14-11 05:09 PM
    So far Movie2k seems the easiest and best organized. Many mirrors are to Mega. Can't believe I hadn't learned this earlier. Little intimidating at first - .exe files are thrown at you left and right. Hardest part is budgeting enough time to close the 300 popup windows.
    05-14-11 11:35 PM
    Guys I'm not the copyright police, how people get their content is their business but please be careful sharing via utorrent. A guy I went to high school with just got threatened to be taken to court if he continued to seed copyrighted content. I don't want to see anyone go through that. At this point you probably have a better chance winning the lottery but it's still a risk. Please take appropriate precautions.
    05-15-11 12:07 AM
    I think the OP meant an integrated video store, similar to the integrated movie store. It's great that I can drag movies from my computer, but a built in store that supports direct downloads would be nice.

Not everyone is interested in torrents, with all due respect to those that are.
    05-15-11 04:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD