Hey guys, i know this question has been asked and answered bunch of times but will there be a video playlist? I mean is there any video playlist app avalible? Its getting really hard to tell which is wich. It has lots of videos so i think there should be an app or something.
    02-08-12 10:32 PM
    I have not heard of any change in status. So far it is one video at a time.
    02-08-12 11:14 PM
    There isn't a native one (that I know of)

However, if you have the os2 beta, I saw vlc in the appworld. I know it supports video playlists, you could try that
    02-09-12 02:08 AM
    I just discovered this a couple of days ago. I went to go queue up a couple of TV shows and whaddya know.. no way to do it.

Pathetic. I was hoping for some nice little updates throughout the OS and apps and so far it's falling short. When will RIM understand it is things like this that turn people off the PlayBook?
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    03-24-12 01:41 AM
    There are at least two apps available that in fact will allow you to create video playlists. though neither are ideal. The first is MovieFLV Player, which is available in App World, and which will allow you to create a single playlist. But, as the name implies, it will play flash videos only. A second app, Meridian, which must be sideloaded, will allow the creation of multiple playlists, but will not play all of the video formats that the native player will, but will definitely play some of them.
    03-24-12 02:50 AM
    Thanks for your tips.

I still stand by my comment that RIM was stupid to leave these things unimproved for OS2.

Most PlayBook users aren't enthusiasts who come here and get into sideloading apps. They just want the native player to provide a decent level of functionality.

Is this the crap we can expect for BB10?
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    03-24-12 02:54 AM
    I still stand by my comment that RIM was stupid to leave these things unimproved for OS2.
    Definitely, although I never use playlists for video, clicking on the next file isn't that much of a hassle to me. However, RIM is a "business" company, so I guess anything related to playing back media files is pretty low on their to do list (or at least that's what I get from their audio/video/picture apps, which all ould need some improvement )
    03-24-12 03:34 AM
    playcentre a free app,works well.
    03-24-12 07:39 AM
    playcentre a free app,works well.
    Might you have a link? Thanks
    03-24-12 10:28 AM
    the really dumb thing about not having a video plahlist on the PB is that it would be such an easy thing to fix for someone with the right skills. You'd think RIM could get someone to polish this off in a day or less of actual elapsed time.
    03-24-12 10:30 AM
    This is off topic, but I recently noticed that my Amazon Videos are now playing on my playbook!! Does anyone else get them to work?
    03-24-12 10:39 AM
    Also surprised at the lack of this functionality. Playlists, rewind, fill screen/full video - NOT PAUSING because music is playing and vice-versa... I tell ya, my first week into Playbook ownership one thing is starkly clear; a plucky programmer could make a killing in these barren lands. I would lay down plenty spondulix for anything resembling VLC on my PlayBook.
    04-07-12 09:49 PM
    How much spondulix if I tell you, you can pinch/zoom video to fill the screen.

The rest - well, it ain't there!
    04-07-12 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD