Hi, I would like to know is there any Blackberry playbook applications which providing notification when the app was closed, (like new message notification, twitter notification), if any app available please name that app here....

Thank you
    06-18-13 09:02 AM
    Hi, I would like to know is there any Blackberry playbook applications which providing notification when the app was closed, (like new message notification, twitter notification), if any app available please name that app here....

Thank you
    Hi ravie230,

First of all welcome to the crackberry forums.

In regards to your query, many MANY applications provide some sort of notification when the app is closed.. it would truly be impossible to list them all. What type of application are you searching for? What kind of notification do you need?
    06-18-13 09:12 AM
    Hi ravie230,

In regards to your query, many MANY applications provide some sort of notification when the app is closed.. it would truly be impossible to list them all. What type of application are you searching for? What kind of notification do you need?
    Hi, Actually i developed an app for Blackberry playbook , i need notification thing to my app like if any new message came to the app(even though my app closed) , it should get numbers on the App icon showing the number of message are u got, or red start mark on the icon like notifying OS updates are available to playbook.

i want to check the notification apps in my playbook before i proceed to work on my app.

so please give 2-3 free app names which is providing notifications.

Thank you
    06-18-13 09:53 AM
    Hi ravie230,

I've seen no native apps with that functionality, only converted Android apps (e.g. the Crackberry forums app)
    06-18-13 09:59 AM
    I've seen no native apps with that functionality, only converted Android apps (e.g. the Crackberry forums app)
    That's correct, when I referenced a great many apps I was talking about android apps, as the android player runs headless. I don't believe we will see this ability on native apps until OS 10.2 or higher hits the playbook, assuming headless app support is included in the playbook version at all..

I'm not a developer though, so someone please chime in if there is currently a way to achieve that on the playbook.
    06-18-13 10:29 AM
    As far as I know, there are no android apps that give notifications unless and until the android player has actually been opened since the last reboot.
    06-18-13 11:58 AM
    You are looking for programming help.
    Try posting a detailed question in the Playbook Apps and Games forum.
    06-18-13 04:37 PM
    Ok thanks...
    06-19-13 08:16 AM