Is anyone out there using the bridge function on Three UK? I am about to get an upgrade with them to a 9790 to sit along side my playbook but wanted to check first if there were any bridging restrictions similar to the AT&T issue I should be aware of before I sign up to a new 24 month contract.

Unfortunately I don't trust Three customer services to give me clear answer and so thought it would be best to check here.

Thanks.
    06-06-12 07:12 PM
    nope even though im on O2-UK as far as i know there is no known restrictions in the UK
    and the 9790 is a great choice
    06-06-12 07:17 PM
    use it tethered to my laptop too... t-mobile unrestricted....
    06-06-12 07:19 PM
    oh yes as scruffy says, no restrictions on my tethering but i do have an unlimited data plan
    06-06-12 07:36 PM
    Three generally insist you have the One Plan or a specific bolt on to allow tethering. I'm not sure where they stand on bridging and using the browser/apps other than bridge email/BBM etc.
    06-07-12 01:36 AM
    Three generally insist you have the One Plan or a specific bolt on to allow tethering. I'm not sure where they stand on bridging and using the browser/apps other than bridge email/BBM etc.
    The beauty of bridging is that the network doesn't know you are doing it. All they see from their end is that the phone (for which you presumably have a dataplan?) is accessing the interweb. The connection between the phone and the PB is invisible to the network, so they couldn't stop it or charge for it even if they wanted.

Well, I guess they could use the ATT "special" bridge app if they felt really strongly about it, but no UK network seems to be that concerned about bridge (as said above).

Tethering isn't the same as bridging, and the network can see and charge for that usage... but AFAIK no UK network charges for tethering if you have an existing dataplan.
    06-07-12 03:00 AM
    Thanks for your responses, appreciate the input. Don't think it will be long before I have that 9790 :-)
    06-07-12 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD