For certain genres like FPS, it can be a bit hectic to play with a touchscreen. Are there any controllers that work with pb?
    10-01-12 08:42 PM
    Not that I'm aware of.

Supposedly this capability is built into BB10, so it's a waiting game.

I do understand your pain, though!
    10-01-12 09:05 PM
    No. [writing this because I need 10 characters min.]
    esk369 likes this.
    10-01-12 09:06 PM
    damnit. Would be so nice to put my pb on the table plugged into my tv and play games
    jkomo001 likes this.
    10-01-12 09:23 PM
    Are there any, really? For iPad or Android?

Like most stuff, If it works on the iPad, it has a fair chance to work on the PlayBook.
    10-01-12 11:46 PM
    Are there any, really? For iPad or Android?

Like most stuff, If it works on the iPad, it has a fair chance to work on the PlayBook.
    Yea a saw a friend playing Mario kart on his opponent with a wii joystik
    10-02-12 12:01 AM
    Gameloft Reveals $80 Bluetooth Controller, Only Usable in Gameloft Games | Touch Arcade

This is not for the Playbook and seems specific for Gameloft games but you might be interested in what is coming available on the other platforms. What's interesting about this Bluetooth controller is that it's the first apple certified controller. I'm not to keen if something like this showed up on the Playbook side for the fact that its $80 and only works for five Gameloft games at this time. If it worked with all Gameloft games then the price might be worth it. If it worked with any games, that would be sweet.

Still, it's interesting to see what is coming out in terms if bt controllers for the tablet marketplace.
    10-02-12 12:22 AM
    To use a controller and hook the PB up to a tv, why not use a gaming console? I know it is opinion and preference, so I am curious as to why would some of you would rather use a tablet as a console than a more powerful and dedicated console itself?

I am a gamer, so this topic interested me and thought I might as well ask.
    10-02-12 01:52 AM
    Berry, maybe ppl just have money for one device(like me lol).

To OP: I also asked that same questions some months ago(trying to play Street Fighter Alpha 3 via PB on the TV) and the answer was negative

It is a must though and for sure in the near future we will see that!
    BerryClever likes this.
    10-02-12 02:21 AM
    unfortunately, as others have said its a no at present, which is a shame. I've even tried sideloading some of the android bluetooth control systems to get around this and try to get a pair with my bt games controllers. whilst the apps do load in runtime that's about it. can't do anything else.

in response to the question about 'why' do this and not just get a console, I'm a proud xbox 360 owner, but even I would like the ability to connect an exidting controller and play some of the classic n64 and psx roms I have loaded on my pb. whilst they run fine the on screen controls are very difficult to use. kudos to the makes of the emulators and grtting them working in pb, but given the effectiveness of bt on pb in cinnecting thru bridge or even a bt keyboard and mouse its a shame we can't go ine step further. would be ace imo
    BerryClever likes this.
    10-02-12 03:38 AM
    To use a controller and hook the PB up to a tv, why not use a gaming console? I know it is opinion and preference, so I am curious as to why would some of you would rather use a tablet as a console than a more powerful and dedicated console itself?

I don't consider myself a gamer, but gamepad compatibility is intriguing to me. With HDMI ouput, it makes the PB a pretty fine portable gaming solution. That alone helps move units.
    BerryClever likes this.
    10-02-12 05:47 AM
    And this is a shortfall from RIM. They simply don't pay attention to consumers and their needs.

Most bluetooth controllers won't work because they don't use a pin code. They Playbook needs one to connect to.
    10-02-12 06:31 AM
    The PB doesn't support bluetooth controllers AFAIK. However, it does support bluetooth keyboards, and the iControlPad can appear as a bluetooth keyboard (with it's buttons mapped to keyboard buttons). In theory, I think, it could potentially work if a game supports bluetooth keyboard controls (i.e. it wouldn't work with many games). I think maybe a couple of emulators support bluetooth keyboards, but other than that, it wouldn't be too useful. Plus because it's sending keyboard signals, it'd be all digital controls, no analogue (not great for FPS etc. where fine aiming is required).

I haven't actually tried it myself though, although I'd like to (it's a bit expensive for me if it doesn't work). I think I remember reading somewhere on these forums (in an emulator thread if I recall correctly) someone else had tried it and it "worked" (although I think they had problems with configuration).
    10-02-12 06:41 AM
    I don't think so. Android has apps for sixaxis, but nothing for playbook. I would stick with my ps3 for heavy games, because last year I spent too long gaming on my playbook, my hands kind of fall asleep for days. I would never spend too much time gaming with Touchscreen as well. It's not healthy.
    10-02-12 12:21 PM
    Shame this doesn't exist. I don't play many of the better games on my playbook because I really dislike onscreen controls.

It sure would be fantastic if RIM released a bluetooth controller for playbook/BB10. Might help turn a few heads in the gaming world as well. Frankly, they could use the positive word of mouth.
    Grizco likes this.
    10-02-12 12:38 PM
    Shame this doesn't exist. I don't play many of the better games on my playbook because I really dislike onscreen controls.
    I am also not a fan of on screen controls; I always feel like I'm going to get blisters on my thumbs from rubbing them across the touchscreen. I haven't actually had it happen yet, but I reckon it's only a matter of time
    10-02-12 05:03 PM
    http://semiaccurate.com/2012/03/08/r...pheral-at-gdc/

Can't wait till BB10 is done, so he can focus on this.
    10-02-12 08:23 PM

Games that are not available on my Xbox console and are on my PlayBook would be nice to play on a big screen when im at home.
    10-02-12 11:06 PM

As a gamer, I'll switch your question around - why wouldn't you want to not only have the console experience via Xbox, PS3, Wii, WiiU or any other major console out there while at the same time enjoying the gaming experience offered on a tablet. After all, gamers should be eclectic and like everything

In my case, I enjoy gaming on all of the devices and the concept of a BT controller hooked up to a tablet that is/is not connected to a TV is appealing simply on the grounds that I think it's cool.

But beyond that, there a few games that I would much rather have a joystick to play with as tapping, swiping, and so forth is simply not precise enough for the game. For example, Id prefer to play Infinity Blade II, Samurai II: Vengance, and even Nova 2 with a joystick as I think it would make those games substantially easier and more precise to play. I can do it with my hands but it always, at least to me, seems more cumbersome and less precise.

I would think that BT game controllers will be the next logical accessory for tablets due to their increased capabilities to deliver more indepth games - when it was just card games, snake-type games, angry bird-type games, it wasn't that much of a necessity. But as time as gone by, and the quality, capabilities, and engines used by developers have become much more sophisticated and powerful, you are beginning to see games to which touch controls are not precise enough to handle the content - joysticks are needed.

I agree with one of the other posters - it would be very interesting to see RIM implement an official BT joystick for the Playbook as it reaches out to the gaming community in their attempt to convince game developers that the Playbook is a robust, gaming tablet.
    10-03-12 02:47 AM
    In the case you travel and want to play something on a hotel tv; also mobile games are much cheaper than console games, that's the main reason I think.
    01-29-13 11:22 PM
    I haven't tested this controller but it should work on the playbook:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-bitty-723670/
    09-03-13 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD