I only use my Playbook while it is connected to my TV as a picture slideshow . I need something with a separate micro HDMI and power cord as I do not ever shut it off. Don't want to bother charging the battery all the time. I dont want to spend much for it either as it is only used for that one purpose. Any ideas?
    04-27-15 03:08 PM
    I hope I'm not going to get my Crackberry membership revoked for this, but...

Have you considered a Chromecast dongle? It plugs into the hdmi port on your TV and into a usb port (or hub if your TV doesn't have one). It's cheap to buy and can display photos when idle. You will need some sort of Android or iPhone phone to install the app to configure it though (not sure if or how well the Android app works on BlackBerry) . You also need to be happy sharing with Google.

https://www.google.com/chromecast/backdrop/
    04-27-15 03:24 PM
    Maybe a Z10 or Z30 and a bluetooth mouse

Posted via Q10Bold
    04-27-15 03:25 PM
    A cheap Windows tablet? Such as this one:

http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=1us9GtF3

Does everything you asked for and it has full Windows on it so you can do more if you need to.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 03:34 PM
    04-27-15 05:13 PM
    How about this one - https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/j...sourced-tablet

Via Pasta CB10
    Just don't think about using blend on it as it's tiny and uses the desktop which is terrible to try and use without a bluetooth or usb mouse and keyboard in my opinion. Might good otherwise.
    04-27-15 05:29 PM
    There are a multitude of android sticks out there that plug into hdmi and use the usb jack from modern flat-screen tv's to power the device. They usually support usb mice and keyboard, or even bluetooth wireless types. We may be BlackBerry fans, however most of us are simply tech lovers at heart and just want you to enjoy your setup as you wish.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    04-27-15 06:01 PM
    There are a multitude of android sticks out there that plug into hdmi and use the usb jack from modern flat-screen tv's to power the device. They usually support usb mice and keyboard, or even bluetooth wireless types. We may be BlackBerry fans, however most of us are simply tech lovers at heart and just want you to enjoy your setup as you wish.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    Agreed on all fronts.

Here's the Android stick I use:

http://www.amazon.ca/Tronsmart-CX-91...droidcent08-20

There are newer/faster ones, but for the price point you can't go wrong. It has good custom ROM support too (Mine currently runs a custom Kitkat rom and is blazingly fast). I like its low footprint and, as Green said, it's powered by the USB port on our TV.

If you want to go the Tablet root, well, there are a lot of alternatives to the PB. Chrome/Miracasting is more popular than a physical HDMI connection these days, but the latter is still possible. One Android option that comes to mind is the Hisense Sero Pro 7 - it's not the newest offering, but I believe that has mini-HDMI.
    04-28-15 10:00 AM
    I only use my Playbook while it is connected to my TV as a picture slideshow . I need something with a separate micro HDMI and power cord as I do not ever shut it off. Don't want to bother charging the battery all the time. I dont want to spend much for it either as it is only used for that one purpose. Any ideas?
    This sounds perfect for you. I'm sure it would be powerful enough to be a picture slideshow.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=10&v=xtIv-HebzAs
    mh1983 likes this.
    04-28-15 10:19 AM
    PlayBook is better.
    05-18-15 07:01 AM
    PlayBook is better.
    Than what? Nothing at all?
    05-18-15 07:25 PM
    Please tell me what tablet delivers as good a quality sound or picture to a 1080p tv and top hi fii system than a playbook? I use this set up via hdmi using Stereotube , We make hd personal videos edited and downloaded from a Mac to PB, Also, fast interactive games. So, when it dies, what do I replace it with?
    05-18-15 08:40 PM
    Please tell me what tablet delivers as good a quality sound or picture to a 1080p tv and top hi fii system than a playbook? I use this set up via hdmi using Stereotube , We make hd personal videos edited and downloaded from a Mac to PB, Also, fast interactive games. So, when it dies, what do I replace it with?
    Virtually every tablet...

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 08:02 AM
    Yes...its called the BlackBerry PlayBook! Just get a new one!

PlayBook UK Channel C001CB4A1
    05-21-15 09:18 AM
    An alternative would be a BB10 tablet.
    Another alternative would be NO tablet.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5.
    07-02-15 12:19 AM
    "there an alternative for an BlackBerry Playbook?"

Previous to acquiring the PB i used my sony vaio laptop or at home usually my homebuilt desktop

Would i buy a competitors tab' when this one dies ? At this time i'll say not likely !
    07-02-15 02:15 PM
    Well i think my playbook is on its last legs, crashes when browsing, hard to accept a charge, etc. The only reason i still use it is for the hdmi port which i don't understand why other tablets don't have one. Anyhow, at this point in time there are plenty of other tablets out there that can do more for less. If money is a factor i saw at least 10 different tablets on walmart's site for less than $80... if money isn't a factor then the latest surface 3 would seal the deal in every way.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 02:51 PM
    Jolly Tablet perhaps?
    https://jolla.com/tablet/
    07-15-15 02:38 PM
    Uk.tesco hudl 2

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 12:43 PM
    Jolly Tablet perhaps?
    https://jolla.com/tablet/
    It doesn't look like this Jolly tablet has an hdmi port which he says he needs.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 05:46 PM