Is there an adapter to use the rapid charger 3 pin connector with micro USB?

I have both the cradle and the cord. I would like to use either of them to charge my power bank. I have never seen anything about any kind of adapter to allow for any other purpose. Is there one?
    07-23-15 11:24 PM
    In all the years I have had a Playbook I have never seen an adaptor for the rapid charger. OEM playbook micro USB charger cords are about $7 and are what I use for my 11 power banks.
    dazzleaj likes this.
    07-24-15 07:02 AM
    Thanks. I use my travel charger for my power bank also but hadn't thought about buying them just for that purpose. Good idea!
    07-24-15 09:28 AM
    The rapid charger is 12v, not 5v, so an adapter would probably have to have some sort of voltage regulator in it to get it down to the 5v needed for USB charging.
    07-24-15 12:29 PM
    The rapid charger is 12v, not 5v, so an adapter would probably have to have some sort of voltage regulator in it to get it down to the 5v needed for USB charging.
    So it is! I never really thought about it. I just assumed (always dangerous) that it was just higher amps. Never understood why BB increased output by. 2 amp and called it "rapid". I guess if you more than double the voltage at the same time the word fits...

Still got 2 operating PlayBooks in the house so both the cradle and the corded rapid charger get used. When the PlayBooks die, I'll just take them apart and use the magnetic contact for some frankencharger for a 12 volt something. I like the setup.
    07-26-15 09:28 AM