To the devs that stuck with PB OS and were or maybe feel strung out to dry by Rimberry...... Thank You!

My epub Book Reader, What's Up, Tablet TV, Magellan, Kalemsoft, Neutron, Simple Browser and Advanced camera (and others I can't think of on a Friday night), have made this device a pleasure to own.

I hope your investment in this platform pays off.

Oh yeah, Peter (battery guru) and all the other brainiaks, Xsacha, kyle and co, quackquack ( even thought I don't comprehend most of what you post) your efforts to make thks device better is much appreciated.

Lastly, Koz and the folks responsible for the apk to bar converter...God bless you.( you filled in many blanks)

I'm sorry for anyone I missed, please don't hold it against me. I'm sure others will be along to sing your praises
    Last edited by Cynycl; 07-12-13 at 10:32 PM.
    forbid3n, keypad, atlac and 12 others like this.
    07-12-13 09:00 PM
    yep there are some great devs for the PB!
    kb5zht and sad_old_man like this.
    07-12-13 09:02 PM
    To the devs that stuck with PB OS and were strung out to dry by Rimberry...... Thank You!

My epub Book Reader, What's Up, Tablet TV, Magellan, Kalemsoft, Neutron, Simple Browser and Advanced camera (and others I can't think of on a Friday night, have made this device a pleasure to own.

I hope your investment in this platform pays off.

Oh yeah, Peter (battery guru) and all the other brainiaks, Xsacha, kyle and co, quackquack ( even thought I don't comprehend most of what you post) your efforts to make thks device better is much appreciated.

Lastly, Koz and the folks responsible for the apk to bar converter...God bless you.

I'm sorry for anyone I missed, please don't hold it against me. I'm sure others will be along to sing your praises
    hmmmm, i will think about what you said. i will try to use libre office. and edit the post with all spell check and grammar check and etc etc. and i will try to format it and i will try to utter less crap. thanks for your support.
    Using Libre-Office from now on.....
    Libre-Office this is a horrible bad habit, I will try to use the Libre-Office to do a spell check instantly and also grammar and other checks. And I will also use the Libre-Office to do a formatting.
    This is painful and also time consuming. But I forgot this is not IRC, this is a phpbb forum so I must also stick to some norms. :-)
    This will only double my effort, since the errors needs to be corrected and also typing speed slows down :-D.
    Hope this formatting is fine with you! :-)
    Yes there are fine developers here, and it a feel good thing. Hats off crackberry!
    I hope you now understand my formatted reply clearly now than the cluttered replies before. :-D
    thanks!
    -paul
    Cynycl, sad_old_man and eldricho like this.
    07-12-13 09:16 PM
    LOL. (I can't believe I actually typed that)

Paul it's not what you post, it's the fact that you operate on a different plane of thought than some of us end users. It's not your fault you speak klingon and my universal translator is on the fritz.

this is you.....:banghead:

and this is me .......

Although, someimes I get the distinct impression that you've had too much caffeine and Red Bull and may be snorting gunpowder.
    Last edited by Cynycl; 07-13-13 at 07:57 AM.
    07-12-13 09:25 PM
    Cynycl:

You, with your name, brings a tear to my eye.

But you are so very right. The native browser would have driven me nuts by now if not for the alternative browsers offered. Battery Guru helped me convince Rim that my 32 gig was defective. Advanced camera did a spendid job of filming my Solar Installation ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/adzcxs7sfa...solarmusic.mp4 ). Files&Folders, FileBrowser, the various android file managers all have helped saved the pb and my sanity. PDF-Reader was everything and I mean everything that the stupid, lame, crippled adobe-crap was not. Kindle made it to the pb via who knows what processes. The PB is downstairs but I will check out the various apps and add them. Kalemsoft is a nightly feast for video watching. Video Playlist came out of a simple request by someone for a, well, video playlist app and Bumble came through. Kermed came through with an android lockup salvation. There was also MovieSRTPlayer for subtitles early in the game.

It is disappointing to say the least that developers who were attempting to create bb10 apps for the pb were shut down so unceremoniously.
    07-12-13 09:32 PM
    Cynycl:

But you are so very right. The native browser would have driven me nuts by now if not for the alternative browsers offered. Battery Guru helped me convince Rim that my 32 gig was defective. Advanced camera did a spendid job of filming my Solar Installation ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/adzcxs7sfa...solarmusic.mp4 ). Files&Folders, FileBrowser, the various android file managers all have helped saved the pb and my sanity. PDF-Reader was everything and I mean everything that the stupid, lame, crippled adobe-crap was not. Kindle made it to the pb via who knows what processes. The PB is downstairs but I will check out the various apps and add them. Kalemsoft is a nightly feast for video watching. Video Playlist came out of a simple request by someone for a, well, video playlist app and Bumble came through. Kermed came through with an android lockup salvation. There was also MovieSRTPlayer for subtitles early in the game.

It is disappointing to say the least that developers who were attempting to create bb10 apps for the pb were shut down so unceremoniously.
    Thanks for picking up my slack F (update coming soon). You and pacoman taught me a lot about my PB. So Thanks to you as well.

I'm way to uncynycl tonight.

Must go mess with the barnyard and mystical creatures in another thread
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-12-13 09:40 PM
    LOL. I can't believe I actually typed that.

Paul it's not what you post, it's the fact that you operate on a different plane of thought than some of us end users. It's not your fault you speak klingon and my universal translator is on the fritz.

this is you.....:banghead:

and this is me .......

Although, someimes I get the distinct impression that you've had too much cafine and Red Bull and may be snorting gunpowder.
    Rosetta stone. Try it. ;-)

It will help you translate bit by bit, parity by parity, byte by byte. :-D

I am not in any different plane. I am just like you. Just a little fast and a little efficient and tuned to be aggressive and a little methodical and also organised.

Follow this simple basic 5 W's, 4 R's and you will get the answer, 1 H or how.

5 W's = Who, What, When, Where and Why.
    4 R's = Reading, wRiting, aRithmetic and Reasoning.

5 W's and 4 R's = 1 H.

I don't use any alien or space age technology. I just use that 5 W's and 4 R's thats about it!

If you give it a try you can do even better than I do.

Its worth a shot!

Oops! I leaked my secret! Now I need to kill you! ;-)

thanks!
    -paul
    sad_old_man, kbz1960 and Cynycl like this.
    07-12-13 09:44 PM
    I agree with you 100%!!
    Thank you all!
    I don't say much here, but I'm normally lurking in the background.
    Without you guys I'm sure that I would not have been as satisfied (and knowledgeable) with my PlayBooks as I am right now.
    Also thanks to the likes of SOM, fish, cat, and many others (including F2), for the entertaining antics throughout some of these threads.
    FF22, BioDave1955 and Cynycl like this.
    07-12-13 10:16 PM
    I agree with you 100%!!
    Thank you all!
    I don't say much here, but I'm normally lurking in the background.
    Without you guys I'm sure that I would not have been as satisfied (and knowledgeable) with my PlayBooks as I am right now.
    Also thanks to the likes of SOM, fish, cat, and many others (including F2), for the entertaining antics throughout some of these threads.
    Oh great now the barnyard and mystical creatures will be coming here instead of staying in the threads where we can keep an eye on them.
    07-12-13 10:37 PM
    Apologies in advance.....
    Cynycl likes this.
    07-12-13 10:48 PM
    Thanks for picking up my slack F (update coming soon). You and pacoman taught me a lot about my PB. So Thanks to you as well.

I'm way to uncynycl tonight.

Must go mess with the barnyard and mystical creatures in another thread
    That would have been a better name. You canNOT search CB for threads in which I, f2, posted. The advanced search wants more than 2 characters. So a search for "f2" results in an error condition - well, it says basically, "provide 3 characters for a search!"
    07-12-13 11:39 PM
    Search Results

Keyword(s): \F2
    Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 Next
    Search: Search took 0.04 seconds.

Okay! Yay! It Works (TM)!
    (you never said special characters like backslash are not allowed) Fine print!

thanks!
    -paul
    kbz1960, Hirazi Blue and FF22 like this.
    07-12-13 11:50 PM
    Search Results

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 Next

thanks!
    -paul
    You are one cool dude my friend!

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-13-13 05:12 AM
    You are one cool dude my friend!

Posted via CB10
    And he's a special character too.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-13-13 07:59 AM
    Cynycl:

I do feel so sorry for people that miss the point of these threads and their humor!

I am interested in photography but to be honest I would have never thought of using my pb for that purpose. I have several Nikon cameras two of which are DSLRs so if I want to photograph something I go to my camera. After reading your post I looked at Advanced camera and was pleasantly surprised. It's only 75p uk money so come on why not try it?

It is superb and has made me rethink the use of my pb. Just because I read this thread!

I love this forum!
    FF22 likes this.
    07-13-13 08:42 AM
    Search Results

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 Next

thanks!
    -paul
    Okay, while your fortran formatted posts are sometimes beyond my fathoming, this one computed and IT ALSO WORKED! THANKS!

Oh, by the way, it also worked in the "AUTHOR" or UserName field!
    07-13-13 10:22 AM
    Okay, while your fortran formatted posts are sometimes beyond my fathoming, this one computed and IT ALSO WORKED! THANKS!
    wink wink. ;-)
    thanks!
    -paul
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-13-13 10:25 AM
    There are some great devs the problem is they are given a bit of a dog to work with. BTW the other browser never seem any better for me.
    07-13-13 10:28 AM
    I do feel so sorry for people that miss the point of these threads and their humor!

I am interested in photography but to be honest I would have never thought of using my pb for that purpose. I have several Nikon cameras two of which are DSLRs so if I want to photograph something I go to my camera. After reading your post I looked at Advanced camera and was pleasantly surprised. It's only 75p uk money so come on why not try it?

It is superb and has made me rethink the use of my pb. Just because I read this thread!

I love this forum!
    It is quite superb. I do find it amazing how talented some folks are with little 0's and 1's.

You can do with your dslr (I am older than you and find them too heavy and too bulky for my hiking trips) what advanced camera does - shot hundreds of still and stitch them together which brings up a kind of funny Advanced Camera tale. When I first got it, I did proceed to change its shooting mode and wound up with hundreds of stills - I had taken it out of "movie" mode! Using my photo viewer, I was able to quickly move through them giving the effect of motion.

Which brings up another story. My first "movie" of my first digital camera shoot (Banff and Jasper hiking trip) was done piece by piece. I duplicated each image multiple times (to emulate the time each picture showed), then had to rename them so that they sorted together, then used some oddball pieces of software to stitch them together. I recall it was about a 4 or 5 step process. That was in 2001.

I THINK things have progressed since then.

I find it much easier to create movies of my trips to bore my friends with nowadays.
    07-13-13 10:34 AM
    There are some great devs the problem is they are given a bit of a dog to work with. BTW the other browser never seem any better for me.
    "There are some great devs the problem is they are given a bit of a dog to work bark with. BTW the other browser never seem any better for me."
    was that a typo? :-D
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-13-13 10:41 AM
    It is quite superb. I do find it amazing how talented some folks are with little 0's and 1's.

You can do with your dslr (I am older than you and find them too heavy and too bulky for my hiking trips) what advanced camera does - shot hundreds of still and stitch them together which brings up a kind of funny Advanced Camera tale. When I first got it, I did proceed to change its shooting mode and wound up with hundreds of stills - I had taken it out of "movie" mode! Using my photo viewer, I was able to quickly move through them giving the effect of motion.

Which brings up another story. My first "movie" of my first digital camera shoot (Banff and Jasper hiking trip) was done piece by piece. I duplicated each image multiple times (to emulate the time each picture showed), then had to rename them so that they sorted together, then used some oddball pieces of software to stitch them together. I recall it was about a 4 or 5 step process. That was in 2001.

I THINK things have progressed since then.

I find it much easier to create movies of my trips to bore my friends with nowadays.
    and played in a VHS player? or dvd! since you claim you are from the eons of cobol they had tapes. thats why i assumed it must be VHS. :-D
    thanks!
    -paul
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-13-13 10:43 AM
    Oh great now the barnyard and mystical creatures will be coming here instead of staying in the threads where we can keep an eye on them.

Posted via CB10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-13-13 10:51 AM
    and played in a VHS player? or dvd! since you claim you are from the eons of cobol they had tapes. thats why i assumed it must be VHS. :-D
    thanks!
    -paul
    Stone tablet!

No, it was a dvd. Crude but I still enjoy watching it and have never redone it with more modern tools. It was a great trip although somewhat burdened by the fact that it happened during 9/11/2001 - the World Trade Center disaster.
    07-13-13 11:18 AM
    Stone tablet!

No, it was a dvd. Crude but I still enjoy watching it and have never redone it with more modern tools. It was a great trip although somewhat burdened by the fact that it happened during 9/11/2001 - the World Trade Center disaster.
    hmmmmm! no comments! :-)
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-13-13 11:20 AM