Crackberry Crew,

Much appreciated for all you guys do, as a Blackberry business user and personal user, I've tipped my hat a few times to you guys and here is another well deserved one:

My beloved wife bought me a shiney new 16GB Playbook for Christmas and to say I was super ecstatic, is an understatement. Right out of the box this thing blew away all my worries and anticipation, I couldn't put it down for the first 2 weeks. Now here comes the really cool part. As I sit down in the AM as I always do every morning, with a cup of coffee and open up crackberry.com to see whats new I saw a posting about "Bestbuy Canada $299 for all playbook sizes". I almost jumped out of my seat! As I knew that there is price protection for at least 30days from Staples (where my wife bought mine) I asked her if she would mind if we could take the 16GB one back and I'd pay the difference for the upgrade, which of course is only $100. She was as excited as I was so off we went the next morning.

Got to Staples, I told the guy about the Bestbuy event happening and the manager didn't even hiccup and said "Yeah I know about it and we are doing the same deal". So without a hitch, he took mine back and I paid my $100 difference for the 64GB!! I told the manager that I'm surprised there is no advertising on Staples website to say they match it etc. He said they will be and for now will match it anyway.

I had to tell my story guys because if it wasn't for my morning routine and being a part of the community, I would have never known or probably would have been too late to do it. So thanks for all your hard work on the site and being 0-min with your updates Crackberry team!! Thanks again!

And maybe a big help to someone else that is under the 30day mark with most major retailers wanting the cheap upgrade. -peace out.
    01-10-12 07:44 PM
    You're welcome!!!!
    01-10-12 07:58 PM
    You're welcome!!!!
    Just want to second the op -- thanks Kevin for all you and the fantastic staff of Crackberry do.

Keep the flag of RIM flying proud!
    01-10-12 08:07 PM
    Yes. You are the voice of RIMPIRE STRIKING BACK!
    greeneriko likes this.
    01-10-12 08:41 PM
    Kevin for CEO of RIMM!!!
    CanadianThomas and greeneriko like this.
    01-10-12 08:44 PM
    Way to go Kevin!! Thanks for all of work that you put into making our crackberry experience a great one!!!
    01-10-12 08:50 PM
    Yes i just wanted to say thank you as well. This site is so very helpful. I heard of the PlayBooks first going on sale in November through CrackBerry.com. After picking up my 16GB baby I came straight to this site to read all the articles, tips, tricks and how-to's of the PlayBook. CrackBerry team, your work is VERY much appreciated! Thank you again
    Chaddface and greeneriko like this.
    01-10-12 09:43 PM
    Kevin for CEO of RIMM!!!
    Pfft! I voted for Ham sandwich...

Happy people, it's nice.
    jafobabe, greeneriko and Chaddface like this.
    01-10-12 10:21 PM
    I love CrackBerry.
    01-10-12 10:31 PM
    Pfft! I voted for Ham sandwich...

Happy people, it's nice.
    You voted for the sandwich by eating it, that hardly counts. :P
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-10-12 10:33 PM
    Met a lot of friends on cb which i want to thank for that
    01-10-12 10:56 PM
    Yes i just wanted to say thank you as well. This site is so very helpful. I heard of the PlayBooks first going on sale in November through CrackBerry.com. After picking up my 16GB baby I came straight to this site to read all the articles, tips, tricks and how-to's of the PlayBook. CrackBerry team, your work is VERY much appreciated! Thank you again
    Ditto... I doubt I would have bought a Playbook but for this forum... and now with all the exciting things soon to be on our Playbook with OS 2 it's great to share the excitement here.
    Vee_G likes this.
    01-10-12 11:03 PM
    Yes and thanks for all the infractions, bans and head bashings it has made me a better person

With the new attitude toward playbook and the whole world now loving it, my mission has been accomplished - and hopefully that will no longer be necessary.. lol

Seriously, thanks for Crackberry and keeping it in order it's been fun! A wealth of information and some great people.
    Vee_G and perry34 like this.
    01-10-12 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD