I got my keyboard first thing this morning. I been banging out emails and bbms all day. I had a cheap keyboard case before and this looks and feels a million times better. I am super happy!!!!!!!!
    05-07-12 01:58 PM
    Cheers to you mate. I hope you really get some good use out of it.
    05-07-12 02:30 PM
    Still waiting for mine... glad you are enjoying yours... creates some anticipation for me.....
    05-07-12 02:40 PM
    Glad you were able to get one after that long wait. I was wondering if they will fit the PlayBook 4G if for some reason I had to have one any impression from those who got theirs.
    05-07-12 06:06 PM
    Thanks guys. I am loving it!!! Aslo dont have to touch the screen so no more cleaning the screen all day.
    05-07-12 06:26 PM
    There was a 4G one sold on ebay must have been a test unit but was the same size.
    05-07-12 06:27 PM
    I was really hoping that I would be in the first wave of shipments, but as it seems that will not be the case for mine. I am glad it is living up to everyone's expectations thus far. Thanks for sharing the experience.
    05-07-12 07:41 PM
    I want one so bad, but I'm scared of the price tag - I already bought Playbook #2 without wifey knowing, feeling a little guilty now

So I bought a v470 mouse, a Compass stand, a BB Convertible stand, and a bunch of BT keyboards from Microcenter to see which keyboard worked the best. All of them had some sort of quirk that turned into a showstopper after a couple of days.

Then I realized if I wanted the power of being able to walk into a Starbucks and work on my Playbook, I would need to carry all of these things with me

However, priced over $100 is still too steep for me. I love my convertible case and I know the keyboard isn't too different than the convertible case, but I won't be buying it at the current price.

I mean, I just jotted a whole 3hr meeting of notes on my Playbook from my Bold 9930 via Remote. I'll be fine for now
    05-07-12 07:42 PM
    Still waiting for mine.. and standing in the Queue.
    05-07-12 07:44 PM
    one word of caution, got mine in march on release day at the source. i do frequently remove the playbook from the case when i no longer need to keyboard, and back in again. it has mangled my volume up, down, and mute/play buttons. they no longer work

i can also no longer take screen shots

just make sure when you remove it/if u do to take out from the bottom, not thetop and you should be fine. kinda counter intuitive.
    Gerbelpix likes this.
    05-07-12 08:02 PM
    really?? I have the convertible case and love how easy it is to put in/take out. Isn't it similar to the BB Convertible case?

Also on my Convertible case I added some sticky stuff from the glue gun to the underside of the power button to make powering the PB on/off much easier. It has had no effects to the volume buttons (yes I do slide the top of the PB in first)
    05-07-12 09:12 PM
    I got mine today as well. I have not had to much time to really get the feel for it. The hardest thing for me is closing the "window" like if you have your email open, getting it to close or if you have Crackberry open, getting it to close. Anyone have any tips for me?
    Thanks.
    05-07-12 09:21 PM
    one word of caution, got mine in march on release day at the source. i do frequently remove the playbook from the case when i no longer need to keyboard, and back in again. it has mangled my volume up, down, and mute/play buttons. they no longer work

i can also no longer take screen shots

just make sure when you remove it/if u do to take out from the bottom, not thetop and you should be fine. kinda counter intuitive.
    Ahhh, the truth will set you freeeee haha..

The form factor is genius; although, don't think I could justify the purchase as I own a macbook pro..

What's going on with those who have big hands trying to use this keyboard? Faring well or is it a disaster?
    05-07-12 09:30 PM
    My wife and I were both seriously considering getting mini keyboards as we both travel a lot.... however circumstances forced us to get two new laptops... so mini keyboards will wait.

Loving our new laptops, and as always, continuing to love our PlayBooks.
    05-07-12 09:33 PM
    got small form factor keyboard - similar in size to BB Keyboard. It was too small
    got Apple BT keyboard (a knock off actually). It was very comfortable but too big and inconvenient for mobility
    got Bold 9930, Remote Control to Playbook. Did 3hrs of notes in meeting this week. Not bad not bad.
    got Macbook Pro 13" - Great, but overkill at meetings.

So.. the Playbook/Convertible case + Bold 9930 = WIN!!
    05-07-12 10:05 PM
    I like the keyboard even with big hands. But I really dislike the case. I don't intend to use the keyboard frequently. If I need to I will use my small laptop. I really like my PB. I use it quite a lot as a reader. It is heavy and awkward with the keyboard attached. So I'm back to the original convertible case. I put the keyboard in a BB skin and slip this into a neoprene sleeve. Will try this for awhile before deciding whether to keep it.

On another issue, I'm really getting tired of the worry and hand-wringing about trolls in the forum. We need critics whatever their motives. (But not personal attacks.) I've seen this before and it's usually associated with companies in trouble. Some make it some don't. I think RIM will.
    05-07-12 10:40 PM
    @smokeydbear
    Us BB fans really hope RIM makes it, but get easily riled up when trolls come to ATTACK. RIM's survival is already a touchy subject here, why come here to bash RIM and its products (not you, the trolls)??

I'm deep in iDevices, love my Apple TVs, think the iPod Touch/iPhone drove technology to where it is today, love the crispness and polished Apple products. But after seeing things for what it is - cat and mouse game to jailbreak JUST to get the apps you can really use on iDevices, not being able to share internet connection from iDevices - AND after seeing the best forum for BB devices (CB) being infested by trolls with misinformation, bashing and outright nastiness about products I think are way underrated - sure we're gonna get defensive.

Misinformation is what bothers me the most, some trolls are snake-like

But to stay on subject.. I think you gave me an idea. How about take the keyboard out of the case and use the neoprene PB case for it while the PB sits in the convertible case?? Hmm. If I find a keyboard that fits snugly I just might do that
    05-07-12 11:35 PM
    Thanks for the feedback Cleveland. I have been using the keyboard while it is in the skin (the one for the PB). It really works for me. I can position the PB as I wish even when on my lap and then use the keyboard in several different ways. Works great for me. Then put it away in the neoprene sleeve for protection. I find I use both the KB and the PB screen to do my thing. Really like the touchpad on the keyboard.

Regarding the trolls I agree that many people push misinformation for their own motives. But there are others who as just misinformed. So why don't we deal with addressing the misinformation. This could help all of us to better appreciate what blackberry devices really offer.
    05-08-12 11:56 AM
    I got mine yesterday in a autographed box with a free gift. Thanks Kevin!
    05-08-12 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD