12-02-12 10:45 PM
31 12
tools
    It's not Future Shop that should be thanked. It is Staples. Without their low on-line price, these deals would never happen. At one time their web site showed if item was out of stock, but now you have to put it in basket to find out! That is a good thing for price matching!

I too have almost never tried price matching before. But thanks to this thread I did.

I first checke on line and printed Staples page. Then went to Staples, but still no in-store stock. Went to FS next door. Tons of chargers overflowing shelf. Asked if they would price match. Definite NO. They knew all about Staples offer. They said Staples were selling last year's model which they had bought in bulk. Said the BB part number confirmed that (I didn't bother to check)

Thought I would try BB. At first the sales guy said they only match if competitor has stock. I had told him Staples weer out. But they had a sign saying the match on-line prices too. He went and checked and no problem, they sold me a unit for $14.07.

Have it working here now. Nicely made. But I wouldn't want to spend more than about $25 for it.

Thanks for the thread!
    12-02-12 03:10 PM
    You should bring the receipt and the unit back for further reduction of the price. Not only FS price match they also promise to reduce the 10% difference of the price. You should be paying $7,48 for your unit.
    12-02-12 03:44 PM
    They said Staples were selling last year's model which they had bought in bulk. Said the BB part number confirmed that (I didn't bother to check)
    Future shop guy was full of shiat. ACC-39340-103 EXACT same one Staples sells. It's just typical Future Shop gouging on 80% of the stuff they sell. They charge $79.99 yet can get them online for $30 same model. They just got mad because they actually sold it below cost. Don't feel bad for them for a minute.

I would go back for 10% of the difference to it's clearly stated on their website!
    disneynorth likes this.
    12-02-12 03:59 PM
    You should bring the receipt and the unit back for further reduction of the price. Not only FS price match they also promise to reduce the 10% difference of the price. You should be paying $7,48 for your unit.
    I would go back for 10% of the difference to it's clearly stated on their website!
    I bought it at Best Buy. Their policy is likely the same, but why be greedy? especially when their policy also says "Tell us which competitor is offering the lower price; we will verify the price and that the item is in stock and available for immediate sale and delivery." Which was not the case. I feel lucky that Best Buy did what they did!
    12-02-12 04:14 PM
    Thanks everyone for the update. Went back to FS to to get 2 charging pods and a journal case based on staples $14.07 + 10% difference. No need to shop in the states for these items.
    12-02-12 04:48 PM
    this is a bit concerning. these prices are too low, even for playbook. they are cleaing stock for new stuff with new connections or rim is dumping playbook altogether. only phones. I hope not.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    12-02-12 10:45 PM
31 12