I bought a 64GB PlayBook a few weeks ago. Still will never use all its awesome space. That said I gave my mother the 16GB I had prior. She uses a flip phone. She really took a liking to the device. Somehow the charging port went bad. I called BlackBerry asked what I could do. They said send it in. Easy process, about a week. Long story short my mother is now learning some new things. BlackBerry thank you..
    10-03-13 11:04 AM
    congrats to you on buying a device at a good price that does what you expected and they claimed

Now we wait for the complainers to chime in that cannot stand the fact that someone actually is happy with their purchase lol
    Thunderbuck and dangerousfen like this.
    10-03-13 11:12 AM
    For $160 the 64GB Playbook make a really good portable video player for kids. I've got mine full of animated Disney and Dreamworks films for my grandkids. SD card slot would have been a really nice feature on the PlayBook. Glad you and your mom are happy with them...
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-03-13 11:33 AM
    I bought a 64GB PlayBook a few weeks ago. Still will never use all its awesome space. That said I gave my mother the 16GB I had prior. She uses a flip phone. She really took a liking to the device. Somehow the charging port went bad. I called BlackBerry asked what I could do. They said send it in. Easy process, about a week. Long story short my mother is now learning some new things. BlackBerry thank you..
    Paint a spot of correction fluid on the BB logo side of the plug so it always goes in the right way up. I am of an age when I can't see the logos. Just once in the socket upside-down and it goes bad.
    Carl Estes and FF22 like this.
    10-03-13 02:04 PM
    Paint a spot of correction fluid on the BB logo side of the plug so it always goes in the right way up. I am of an age when I can't see the logos. Just once in the socket upside-down and it goes bad.
    I do that with EVERY little wall-wart thingy I have......

c
    FF22 likes this.
    10-03-13 02:09 PM
    You might want to think about the Travel Rapid Charger, it uses a magnetic connector that captures the three pins for charging, as the Charging Dock does, AND it doesn't matter which way you attach it, Just get it close, and it will kind of snap into position and charging away. It will connect, even in the dark and blindfolded.

15 bucks @ Amazon

c
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    10-03-13 02:14 PM
    You might want to think about the Travel Rapid Charger, it uses a magnetic connector that captures the three pins for charging, as the Charging Dock does, AND it doesn't matter which way you attach it, Just get it close, and it will kind of snap into position and charging away. It will connect, even in the dark and blindfolded.

15 bucks @ Amazon

c
    Absofukinglutely do this!!!! If there is a must purchase accessories for the Playbook it is this one by a mile.
    Thunderbuck and Carl Estes like this.
    10-03-13 05:19 PM
    Thanks for the "Tip"... (I'll do it too!)
    m.-
    10-03-13 05:49 PM

15 bucks @ Amazon

c
    I purchased a 64GB for my 6 year old granddaughter and she messed the charging port up trying to plug the stock charger in. So I purchased two rapid chargers off Amazon for 12.95 each. I should have been smarter and purchased one for her sooner.
    10-03-13 10:28 PM

15 bucks @ Amazon

c
    I LOVE the chargers for the PlayBook. Not just the Travel Charger, but the Desktop Pod as well. SOOOO much nicer than the multi-pin plugs for iPads and most Windows NT tablets.

I recently bought a Dell XPS 10 Windows 8 RT tablet. I like it, sure, but I've found myself continuing to use my "old" PlayBook a lot more than I expected. Some of it's just form factor, admittedly; the 7" PlayBook is WAAAAY more portable than the 10" XPS, so in bed or bath the smaller tablet wins (I'll grant that a smaller RT tablet would overcome that particular objection). There are a couple of specific apps I prefer on the larger tablet, like Zinio, and a couple of others that aren't on the PlayBook at all, like Netflix, but web browsing is actually better on the PB.

Worth noting, the BB World store is still coming out with new apps for the PlayBook. As apps are submitted to BB World for BB10 devices, they are evaluated for the PlayBook as well. If they work, they go in the store for it as well. It hasn't been COMPLETELY orphaned.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-03-13 11:39 PM
    I used some red electric tape.
    10-04-13 11:38 AM
    I LOVE the chargers for the PlayBook. Not just the Travel Charger, but the Desktop Pod as well. SOOOO much nicer than the multi-pin plugs for iPads and most Windows NT tablets.

I recently bought a Dell XPS 10 Windows 8 RT tablet. I like it, sure, but I've found myself continuing to use my "old" PlayBook a lot more than I expected. Some of it's just form factor, admittedly; the 7" PlayBook is WAAAAY more portable than the 10" XPS, so in bed or bath the smaller tablet wins (I'll grant that a smaller RT tablet would overcome that particular objection). There are a couple of specific apps I prefer on the larger tablet, like Zinio, and a couple of others that aren't on the PlayBook at all, like Netflix, but web browsing is actually better on the PB.

Worth noting, the BB World store is still coming out with new apps for the PlayBook. As apps are submitted to BB World for BB10 devices, they are evaluated for the PlayBook as well. If they work, they go in the store for it as well. It hasn't been COMPLETELY orphaned.
    Boy, living on the edge huh??????

c
    10-04-13 02:37 PM
    Boy, living on the edge huh??????

c
    The PlayBook is reasonably splash-resistant. There aren't a lot of seams or openings. I've never dropped it in the water, mind you, but given it's small size and light weight, that's just plain less likely to happen than it would with the larger XPS tablet I've got.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-04-13 03:16 PM
    And I thought I was a rebel bringing mine to the throne.
    Last edited by Cynycl; 10-04-13 at 05:02 PM.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-04-13 03:29 PM

Maybe not orphaned, but definately a neglected stepchild. Check out these mjst have offerings
    Attached Thumbnails Thank you BB-uploadfromtaptalk1380924099322.jpg  
    10-04-13 05:01 PM
    at least today some of them are in English
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-04-13 05:02 PM