I can start a 'converstion' and receive replys using the bridge, but if someone sends me a text to my Phone why does it not appear on my Playbook? There seems to be no proper Inbox and everything is based on a text you send day one. This makes the app on partially useful. Why is something so glaringly obvious missing from the Text function?

Am I missing something or doing it wrong??

------------------

Also getting a bunch of pics sent to my phone onto a PC is very difficault. Any Easy way to do this????
    11-15-12 11:09 AM
    I get texts all the time exactly at the same time as my phone gets them, in fact sometimes my playbook beeps before my phone,

So if someone new texts me, my phone beeps, then my playbook within a quarter of a second or less beeps, then I can view it on my playbook, there is a red symbol beside conversations and beside a user name or number there is a symbol I touch it and read my texts.

Don't know why yours doesn't work.
    11-15-12 11:38 AM
    Also getting a bunch of pics sent to my phone onto a PC is very difficault. Any Easy way to do this????
    For this I just plug my phone into a pc via usb and just copy them over, easy peasy.
    11-15-12 11:39 AM
    As for the recevied texts on the PlayBook, I have found sometimes, that if you open up the text message app on your PlayBook, click on the Conversations tab and scroll to the bottom of your conversations list, the new message will be there. Don't ask why, but I've found this to be the case several times lol
    11-15-12 12:09 PM
    I can use my PB to both send and receive texts using BB Bridge, including starting a new conversation AND receiving a new text for a new conversation started by someone else. My point being that the feature does actually work. Something must be wrong about how your device is setup.

I suggest you use the usual troubleshooting steps. #1. Uninstall BB Bridge from your phone. Delete your phone from the list of bluetooth devices on your PB. Go thru AppWorld to reinstall Bridge onto your phone. Reconnect the PB and the phone. Ask a friend to shoot you a new text. #2. If that doesn't work, call the RIM support line, 1-800-???....
    11-15-12 12:13 PM
    I get text all the time and same time as phone and indicates a text in the upper left corner.
    11-15-12 12:58 PM
    Possibly remove the pairing and reset the connection? That might help.
    11-15-12 02:33 PM
    If someone sends you a pic in a text you cannot ( as far as I can see) access the picture when you coonect to a pc?
    11-15-12 03:41 PM
    Ok . I tested this out. I will get a regular text but if I get text with a picture attached IT DOES NOT SHOW ON THE PLAYBOOK!

Try it yourself and you will see.
    11-15-12 04:07 PM
    mms does not come through. only sms
    11-15-12 09:46 PM
    I've fiddled with mine and never can get it right. The first issue I had was with some bizzare numbers in my contact list, which had +1 in front of them, making for a 10+ digit phone number for some contacts. Then, after deleting all those and making sure a ll contacts had 555.123.456 or 555-123-456 as numbers, I thought I had it figured out.

I've deleted all my text folder, deleted the pairing, reset the phone / PB - and still it shows two entries from people - 1 with thier name and 1 with their number. I can't figure it out so I just don't use it. I wish it worked, mostly because I'm just pecurlliar about having it work vs using it. I still think I would text almost solely on my phone.
    11-15-12 09:55 PM