Before I spend the money on a upgraded Data Plan to start tethering on Rogers(only $5), is it any faster/better or should do it anyway? Still love this thing!!
    05-04-11 02:44 PM
    Teathering is significantly faster, period!
    05-04-11 02:47 PM
    I am on Rogers also, and as damian27 said, tethering is much faster. Spend the $5.00.
    05-04-11 03:07 PM
    Teathering is significantly faster, period!
    Tethering is 100000 times faster than bridge. I upped my Telus plan from 500mb to a gig. I'll see what my usage is like after a month and see if i need more or not.

max
    05-04-11 03:08 PM
    i know nothing about tethering or never tried it before, would facebook work over tethering? whats the benefits over tethering then bridging. thanks
    05-04-11 03:19 PM
    I agree that tethering is much faster. I want to know what is everyone's battery life like after doing the bluetooth tethrring. Also i believe when you are doing tethering, the emails and bbm on the phone are disabled.
    Last edited by Torontocell; 05-04-11 at 04:15 PM.
    05-04-11 04:11 PM
    everything on your bb will work fine if you are tethering using a 3g phone. as for battery life it does kill the battery but it really depends on usage.
    05-04-11 04:21 PM
    Thanks for the response. Do you always leave the tethering connected outside of wifi area or do you just connect it whenever you need to use the browser when there is no wifi? I suppose it should not drain much battery if it is just connected via bluetooth.
    05-04-11 04:57 PM
    wait its only an extra 5 bucks a month on rogers??
    i think ill call them right now ha
    05-04-11 05:21 PM
    What is Rogers? Is that a service like Verizon or something that can be purchased separately. Sorry, I never heard of it.
    05-04-11 07:31 PM
    What is Rogers? Is that a service like Verizon or something that can be purchased separately. Sorry, I never heard of it.
    It's is one of the wireless carriers in Canada.

Thanks for the response. Do you always leave the tethering connected outside of wifi area or do you just connect it whenever you need to use the browser when there is no wifi? I suppose it should not drain much battery if it is just connected via bluetooth.
    I leave tethering off until I need it.

My WiFi is usually defaulted ON for the lack of any good reason besides being lazy. I only use WiFi in the house, and maybe the odd area where I want to use the connection.
    05-04-11 07:40 PM
    i was on rogers website today and it says that tethering is free for anyone who has a data plan of 1gb and higher since Im on a family plan with 3 other bbs there is no charge but its $5/month if ur on a lower plan
    05-04-11 08:48 PM
    i know nothing about tethering or never tried it before, would facebook work over tethering? whats the benefits over tethering then bridging. thanks
    yes facebook would work over tethering the difference is when using bridging ur restricted to the Bridge only while tethering uses bluetooth to use ur bbs 3g connection and give u internet where u can do anything on ur playbook.
    05-04-11 08:51 PM
    Unless any updates come out that improve the bridged browser then tethering is essential.

Tethering is also essential if any apps you are using require an internet connection.
    05-04-11 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD