hello all

like many of you i just picked up my PB. Im having difficulties setting up the tethering feature. I have a 6 GB plan with rogers so I'm pretty sure I have free tethering. after i select my carrier (rogers) and click connect it says "failure to start internet tethering" I'm I suppose to call rogers and ask them to active the feature? im worried if i do so they are gonna charge me additional fees for tethering
    04-19-11 08:35 AM
    They shouldn't charge you anything. I have the same plan. I tether to my laptop all the time. I made sure that tethering is included in that plan. Is there any other options? Just click rogerd and then tether?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 08:37 AM
    not that it helps you, but it worked fine on mine, 6gb plan, rogers 9780
    04-19-11 08:38 AM
    The way the review videos have explained tethering, Rogers shouldn't even be aware that you're tethering if you're using DUN. I've used DUN from my blackberry to my laptop using a plan that's less than 1gb and it works for tethering. Are there any manual settings that you can enter instead of selecting Rogers?
    04-19-11 08:40 AM
    The way the review videos have explained tethering, Rogers shouldn't even be aware that you're tethering if you're using DUN. I've used DUN from my blackberry to my laptop using a plan that's less than 1gb and it works for tethering. Are there any manual settings that you can enter instead of selecting Rogers?
    its giving me an option to "add profile" asks for profile name, access point, username, password
    04-19-11 08:42 AM
    not that it helps you, but it worked fine on mine, 6gb plan, rogers 9780
    I also have a 9780 on rogers.. did you have to enter any additional info?
    04-19-11 08:44 AM
    i tethered with rogers and no problems. By the way, using my playbook now love it!
    04-19-11 08:48 AM
    Tether Rogers 8310 Curve Mac OSX 10.5.4 - BlackBerry Forums Support Community

I used setup details to get it working to a laptop. Perhaps u can use the same settings here.
    04-19-11 08:49 AM
    I still can't download on my 9700 running the latest leaked software... Any help here?

04-19-11 08:52 AM
    i'm having issues connecting my torch via bluetooth. I can use the bridge, and connects no problem, but i can't get bt enabled for tethering
    04-19-11 08:54 AM
    Download it online from blackberry's website. I was able to log into my phone through their website and install it from there too.
    04-19-11 08:54 AM
    try this...

create new profile and for the access point put "internet.com" leave username and password blank.
    04-19-11 09:09 AM
    try this...

create new profile and for the access point put "internet.com" leave username and password blank.
    didnt work
    04-19-11 09:14 AM
    Am I missing something to keep my torch "connected" via bt? it stays connected for the bridge, but when I disconnect the bridge and want to tether so i can access things like weather and such, the PB doesn't want to connect to my phone
    04-19-11 09:16 AM
    try this...

thanks Buddy.. i tried it again and it connected (just as i was dialing rogers) thank to all who contributed
    04-19-11 09:18 AM
    I just used the bridge browser and was able to access the internet with no problem. I turned off my wifi to verify it was runnng from my bb.
    04-19-11 09:24 AM
    When I try to add a profile using tethering, the connect is greyed out for some reason :s

Edit: I just had to rename the profile to something else but its stuck at acquiring IP address

Edit 2: Finally connected Says modem mode enabled on my 9700...first time I've seen that while tethering. Also its better than the bb bridge browser
    Last edited by singh60; 04-19-11 at 09:44 AM.
    04-19-11 09:33 AM
    Would any of you happen to have the Plan/SOC code for that 6gb data plan? Or would be willing to allow me use of their phone number/postal code to look it up in the system?

Thanks!
    04-19-11 10:34 AM
    Can anyone help?
    everytime i try to connect. It keeps saying that it cannot find my BB 9800.

Appreciated in advance.
    04-22-11 08:03 PM
    Try and delete all hotspot connections that your phone has saved.

I couldn't connect either. Then, under the suggestion of someone on here, I deleted all the hotspot connections my phone had saved. The very next time I tried to connect the tether (As I was on hold with Rogers) it worked. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by RicZoh; 04-22-11 at 08:28 PM. Reason: (fixing my damn spelling)
    04-22-11 08:24 PM
    Would any of you happen to have the Plan/SOC code for that 6gb data plan? Or would be willing to allow me use of their phone number/postal code to look it up in the system?

Thanks!
    Last I recall the original 6 GB data plan SOC code cannot be added - it's been grandfathered. I remember some debates about whether it was possible, but some folks ran into this issue when a CSR removed it from their accounts. They weren't able to get it back onto their account, even through some sort of escalation at Rogers.

As for tethering, I had no issues with my 9700 running OS6. I just followed the directions on the PlayBook.
    04-22-11 08:34 PM
    try this...

Thanks, it worked by creating the new profile, tethering is now workkng on my playbook with rogers.
    04-22-11 10:16 PM
    when i successfully enabled tethering i only did one thing.

basically i entered the tethering screen from the options menu, selected "rogers" and pressed "ok" that's it.

it is weird how others have been having problems.
    04-22-11 11:17 PM
    when i successfully enabled tethering i only did one thing.

basically i entered the tethering screen from the options menu, selected "rogers" and pressed "ok" that's it.

it is weird how others have been having problems.
    i have had the same sucess as well worked seemless
    04-22-11 11:22 PM
    hello all

like many of you i just picked up my PB. Im having difficulties setting up the tethering feature. I have a 6 GB plan with rogers so I'm pretty sure I have free tethering. after i select my carrier (rogers) and click connect it says "failure to start internet tethering" I'm I suppose to call rogers and ask them to active the feature? im worried if i do so they are gonna charge me additional fees for tethering
    Go to the bluetooth options on you phone and make sure Dial up networking is checked or else tethering won't work.

04-22-11 11:25 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD