Hello fellow BB users, need some of your expertise here.. I always loved blackberry, 9000 to 9700 and now 9780 since I lost my 9700..

so recent addition is Playbook...

I find bluetooth tethering to really blow, it connects 50% of the time and the other, it simply don't.. after connection, I may be lucky to get on the internet.. Although everything works fine if I take out my blackberry and sit it right next to the tablet, even having the phone in my pocket and playbook in hand, the connection between the 2 devices seems to 50/50.....

Wifi seems to work perfectly, but I was hoping to keep it tethered as I go about my day and poke at it when I need to as that's what I thought having a tablet for internet is its sole purpose for..

maybe I have a bad unit? Anyone having similar problem with bb and playbook? (Blackberry 9780 / Playbook Wifi only 16GB)
    09-27-11 10:53 PM
    no problem with my playbook and 9780 tmo blackberry.
    the 3g speeds when out of wifi range is quite good when connected to the PB
    09-27-11 11:19 PM
    If it works fine when the phone is right next to PB then you must have an issue with your bluetooth. Maybe the phone or the PB. Do you have any other bluetooth devices you can use to check the range of your phone bluetooth? My 9800 seems to connect fine at a distance of 25' or so.
    Frank Anderson likes this.
    09-27-11 11:20 PM
    I know some users having problems with tethering while Bridge is connected. Try disconnecting Bridge and then connect to your tethering service.
    (If you are using bridge that is)
    Last edited by AlonB; 09-27-11 at 11:27 PM.
    Frank Anderson likes this.
    09-27-11 11:24 PM
    If it works fine when the phone is right next to PB then you must have an issue with your bluetooth. Maybe the phone or the PB. Do you have any other bluetooth devices you can use to check the range of your phone bluetooth? My 9800 seems to connect fine at a distance of 25' or so.
    ah Thanks, I will check using my JBL bluetooth headphones later..
    09-27-11 11:25 PM
    Hello fellow BB users, need some of your expertise here.. I always loved blackberry, 9000 to 9700 and now 9780 since I lost my 9700..

so recent addition is Playbook...

I find bluetooth tethering to really blow, it connects 50% of the time and the other, it simply don't.. after connection, I may be lucky to get on the internet.. Although everything works fine if I take out my blackberry and sit it right next to the tablet, even having the phone in my pocket and playbook in hand, the connection between the 2 devices seems to 50/50.....

Wifi seems to work perfectly, but I was hoping to keep it tethered as I go about my day and poke at it when I need to as that's what I thought having a tablet for internet is its sole purpose for..

maybe I have a bad unit? Anyone having similar problem with bb and playbook? (Blackberry 9780 / Playbook Wifi only 16GB)
    Try disconnecting your phone's BT connection and then reestablishing it. I'm bridged 24/7. I have found that if I'm in a poor coverage area that reconnecting does the trick.
    09-27-11 11:44 PM
    Thanks for all the help..

ah update and problem solved.. silly me, this is more a "user error" (now aint that worth it's own weight in salt?) then RIM's fault..

I went to a colleague who's a BB nut, and he basically said.. "what? you don't need tethering when bridged, bridge also allows you access with internet"...

so I tried that and it's all working fine.. just connect bluetooth and enable bridge on your BB, voila... having both bridge and tethering on at the same time, I can only assume that both is fighting for the same connection, too busy to do anything else and just causes it to do just that.. nothing..

Hope this helps someone who experiences similar issue .. Bridge or Tether, not both..

Syntax Error !! ID-10-T... "problem is most likely between the chair and the system"...
    NedKLee likes this.
    09-29-11 06:22 AM
    Hope you enjoy and get as much benefit out of the 9780/PB combination as I do, the more you use it, the more there is to use.
    09-29-11 08:06 AM
    I have a 16g PB and a 9700. I just tried to connect with Bluetooth. I have bridging off and it won't connect. Both devices show the other device but the PB shows no devices connected. I have turned the bluetooth off and on on both devices. Turning off the bluetooth on the PB and turning it back, the phone shows it connected for about a second and then it's not connected. What am I doing wrong?
    09-29-11 10:08 AM
    Thanks for all the help..

ah update and problem solved.. silly me, this is more a "user error" (now aint that worth it's own weight in salt?) then RIM's fault..

I went to a colleague who's a BB nut, and he basically said.. "what? you don't need tethering when bridged, bridge also allows you access with internet"...

so I tried that and it's all working fine.. just connect bluetooth and enable bridge on your BB, voila... having both bridge and tethering on at the same time, I can only assume that both is fighting for the same connection, too busy to do anything else and just causes it to do just that.. nothing..

Hope this helps someone who experiences similar issue .. Bridge or Tether, not both..

Syntax Error !! ID-10-T... "problem is most likely between the chair and the system"...
    When you said tether I assumed you meant bridge since you don't need tether when bridged. My fault for thinking you didn't know what you were doing. Glad you got it sorted out.
    09-29-11 10:31 AM
    I have a 16g PB and a 9700. I just tried to connect with Bluetooth. I have bridging off and it won't connect. What am I doing wrong?
    Turn the bridge on.
    dalek likes this.
    09-29-11 10:34 AM
    Will do. Thanks.
    09-29-11 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD