I've been trying to tether my playbook to my tmobile bold 9700 but my pb is saying that my tethered device is roaming on a different wireless network and that additional data charges could apply. I called TMO CS and they are of no help. I spoke with 3 different people and in the end, they all said that Tmobile does not support tethering to a pb. They also tell me that the $15/mo tethering feature is not available for my model phone. Does anyone know how I can tether this thing?
    05-07-11 02:43 PM
    1) Do not worry about the generic message about 'additional charges MAY apply', this is a 'warning' for everyone.
    2) There are several TM country options.
    Make sure you select your own TM company (US or other).
    3) If you have an unlimited TM BB Internet plan then you do not need a tether plan.
    4) Call the RIM support number:
    PlayBook Technical Support Phone Number - PlayBook Help Phone
    Last edited by mandony; 05-07-11 at 03:23 PM.
    05-07-11 03:18 PM
    Thanks!

Yes, my TMO BB plan is fully unlimited. I was just worried that I would get extra charges to my account for tethering which is why I never did continue after seeing that message.
    05-07-11 03:33 PM
    i have t-mobile as well and have not had any issues tethering to the playbook or incurred any charges in doing so. i have the unlimited data plan but check my tmobile acct frequently and have not seen any extra charges associated with it. once you pair your device to the playbook all you have to do is select tmobile usa on the profile list and it should connect. i have OS6 running in my device as well. i dont know if that makes any difference.
    05-12-11 10:20 PM
    I tried to tether to my Bold 9780 from my PlayBook using the default T-Mobile tethering Profile on the PlayBook. I too got the T-mobile screen saying I needed to sign up for a Hotspot plan for my mobile device. I have been a long time T-Mobile subscriber so Tethering should be included.

I ended up looking at the APN as setup on my Bold and created a new PlayBook Profile for tethering using this APN:

APN: epc.tmobile.com
    No username or password was necessary

All worked fine the next time I tried to tether from my PlayBook to my Bold.

Hope this helps.
    Edit/Delete Message
    08-10-12 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD