is there anyway that i can tether my playbook im with att i also have a ipod. i tether my blackberry 9800 with no problem i downloaded ibluever to my ipod which connects to my blackberry and uses it as a bluetooth modem if i can do this with my ipod isnt there a similar app but for blackberry playbook . also i wonder if useing the ibluever on ipod can i like transmit that connection via wifi from my ipod like turn it into a signal. i might just sell my blackberry so i can tether if no solution i dont want to lose my unlimited internet when i can get and iphone and tether for free
    09-06-11 01:30 AM
    Why do you need to tether your PlayBook, when you can Bridge? Do you have the OTA bridge? or did you download the Bridge app from App World (since you're with at&t).
    09-06-11 02:04 AM
    Delete the blackberry bridge if you downloaded it from appworld. AT&T blocks out the bridge browser if you don't have a tether plan. Then, on your phone, go to rroyy's website rroyy.com and install the OTA bridge browser from there. You should be able to browse online then. Works perfectly for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    trunks20022 likes this.
    09-06-11 02:06 AM
    or you can simply subscribe to AT&Ts tether plan and not worry about it. i did and my monthly bill is $5 more. That sure beats having to purchase 2 data plans like the other tablets.
    09-06-11 04:58 AM
    or you can simply subscribe to AT&Ts tether plan and not worry about it. i did and my monthly bill is $5 more. That sure beats having to purchase 2 data plans like the other tablets.
    Except that att's tethering plan is only available if you drop your unlimited plan, and is 15 bucks more. (or 20 if you are on the 2GB plan) Downloading the free bridge OTA solves this problem for free.
    trunks20022 likes this.
    09-06-11 05:12 AM
    The OTA is definitely better.

http://rroyy.com/ota/BlackBerry_AppW...6/AppWorld.jad

trunks20022 likes this.
    09-06-11 06:34 AM
    Its no better in the UK ! I'm with O2 on a unlimited data plan but when I rang them to check if I could tether my Playbook I wad told I would have to buy a monthly bolt on for 7.50 a month.This would put my monthly bill to 42 !! I couldn't get any joy from them no matter what I said.As a result when my contract is up I will be leaving and going to 3 as they have no fair usage policy on their unlimited data plans.
    09-06-11 12:43 PM
    Is there any way I can do this with sprint for free, I already have unlimited data on my phone and I refuse to give them more money
    09-06-11 01:30 PM
    Is there any way I can do this with sprint for free, I already have unlimited data on my phone and I refuse to give them more money
    As has already been stated, you can Bridge by downloading the bridge app from AppWorld on to your phone. Then you bridge to the playbook and you are good to go.
    trunks20022 likes this.
    09-06-11 02:09 PM
    Why do you need to tether your PlayBook, when you can Bridge? Do you have the OTA bridge? or did you download the Bridge app from App World (since you're with at&t).
    the bridge funtion i cant use becuase i downloaded the official bridge from app world and it overwrote the workaround that was on my playbook so now even blackberry bridge come out with a exclamation point stating i need a tethering plan for the bridge brower
    09-07-11 07:53 AM

i have a grandfathered unlimited data plan you think im going to give that up downgrade myself and pay more money? its not just 5 dolars its like 25 or somthing around there
    09-07-11 08:22 AM
    the bridge funtion i cant use becuase i downloaded the official bridge from app world and it overwrote the workaround that was on my playbook so now even blackberry bridge come out with a exclamation point stating i need a tethering plan for the bridge brower

Delete the Official Version then battery pull. Then go to www.rroyy.com/ota download the ota version for your OS and you get bridge back.

Good Luck
    09-07-11 08:27 AM
    you know what guys like i wanted to use the facebook app also but i guess you cant have everything
    09-07-11 08:27 AM
    i cant find on the rrory page the blackberry bridge that i should download it saids offcial does anyone have the link??
    09-07-11 09:17 AM
    The OTA is definitely better.

http://rroyy.com/ota/BlackBerry_AppW...6/AppWorld.jad

this link is to blackberry appworld isnt it?
    09-07-11 09:27 AM
    aweseom even the facebook works with the bridge thank you guys!!!!! look just go to that rroy.com site and go to applications and download the bridge app in my case it was the os65 version v1.0.5.6
    09-07-11 09:50 AM
    Bridge on the PB is really under-rated.
    09-07-11 12:24 PM
    i have a grandfathered unlimited data plan you think im going to give that up downgrade myself and pay more money? its not just 5 dolars its like 25 or somthing around there
    As do I - majority of the Apps work as does the regular browser with the latest os and bridge, as long as you dont get the version from app world

Edit: i see you figured it out
    09-07-11 01:35 PM
    For those of you with ATT and the workaround bridge, how much data are you using when you use the browser on your playbook? If you use it often are you still able to stay under the 2GB? I'm moving to ATT this fall, and before I bridge to the playbook while out and about to use the browser on the PB, I want to make sure I won't go over on my data. Just curious. Thanks.
    09-07-11 08:20 PM
    Great thread! I have been able to tether both a linux laptop and an ipad (using iBluever) to tap into my at&t torch 9800's internet. I just grabbed a playbook for $199 and was shocked that couldnt get around the tethering toll, given that it is using the DUN protocol, just as I am using from the ipad and linux. Then I found this thread and am encouraged.

Just want to make sure I get this straight: On the Torch, I am to delete the official version of bridge and download the OTA bridge from rroyy. Then, what about on the playbook itself? do I need to delete/reinstall anything on that?
    Many thanks!
    12-05-11 12:01 PM
    Great thread! Just want to make sure I get this straight: On the Torch, I am to delete the official version of bridge and download the OTA bridge from rroyy. Then, what about on the playbook itself? do I need to delete/reinstall anything on that?
    Many thanks!
    Yes, delete the bridge from your phone, get the rroyy version Bridge App for your OS.. downloading straight to your phone.

I did delete the bridge app on the PB, just in case, and then re-install the same one.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by jafobabe; 12-05-11 at 12:15 PM.
    12-05-11 12:13 PM
    Great thread! I have been able to tether both a linux laptop and an ipad (using iBluever) to tap into my at&t torch 9800's internet. I just grabbed a playbook for $199 and was shocked that couldnt get around the tethering toll, given that it is using the DUN protocol, just as I am using from the ipad and linux. Then I found this thread and am encouraged.

Just want to make sure I get this straight: On the Torch, I am to delete the official version of bridge and download the OTA bridge from rroyy. Then, what about on the playbook itself? do I need to delete/reinstall anything on that?
    Many thanks!
    No, you don't need to change anything on your PB. When you set up the connection on your phone it will override the stored connection on your PB. Happy bridging!
    12-05-11 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD