Good laugh SOM. Bluetooth sucks the guts out of mobile devices. Be interesting to redo your day with BT off.
    Well BT never sucked the guts out of my 9860 or storm 2 and doesn't on my pb! However I'm never to old to be taught something so I will turn it off and try again.

Oh no I won't try it because if bb reinstate bridge I will have to use BT and will be left with the same battery life issue. I was right then? It's not that bridge doesn't work with the Z10 anymore, it's because bb disabled it because the Z10 battery can't cope with it! Aaahhhhh I understand now!
    05-17-13 07:23 AM
    I honestly thought they would be announcing the death knell for the PB version 1, and announcing plans for the new better version 2. Seems they are sticking with the "let's ignore it, and it may go away" theory. I wonder if any of our Crack Team will have the balls to ask TH at Blackberry Live? On camera? Doubt it.
    HAAA!!! now that's just daaamn funny,,, they don't have the cajones to even think of rubbing them the wrong way,,, he!!, they're even dressing like them now,,, @ least they LOOK like they can be taken seriously...
    05-17-13 08:38 AM
    But isn't that Herr Heins's vision of future computing - you have your phone in your pocket and it hijacks the nearest viewing screen and displays your data on that.

It's gonna be great in an electronics store, showing everyone the latest Pron you've downloaded
    you been watching "The Recruit" again???
    05-17-13 08:44 AM
    As far as I've been told,

BB10 is coming to the PB. It's very far along. But right now it isn't as snappy and has some limitations due to RAM.

They have internal builds. The development had a delayed start and wasn't assigned to a PM until late.

Post PB, no one at RIM has done more than a very tough POC of a new tablet. They are short on qualified resources (all allocated) and don't want to over hire again and let people go when work dwindles.

Alec might stay silent for a while still as his initial deck would be technically incorrect and he wouldn't be able to present the slides.

At least that's what I've been told.

Posted via CB10
    Well, you probably have better sources than those of us who totally speculate on what may or may not be happening.

I think what has so many upset was the way Thor addressed the question or rather did NOT address the question about the pb at the Orlando meeting.

Also, thanks for your info on whether phone and tablets always can share the same apps or control lies with the developer.
    Barracuda7772 and KermEd like this.
    05-17-13 08:47 AM
    I think what has so many upset was the way Thor addressed the question or rather did NOT address the question about the pb at the Orlando meeting.
    That I agree with! I'm sure there's a reason for it, like he didn't want to distract from other stuff or the launch date is still in flux as they try to get it running. But it would have been nice to say something. Like, "we are still working on BlackBerry 10 for PlayBook and PlayBook LTE for this year but don't have any more to discuss at this time."
    05-17-13 10:47 AM
    ^^Or, just take Enola Gay and drop the bomb...

Posted via Z10
    05-17-13 11:18 AM
    BB10 for PlayBook is not a "make or break" thing for me.

My new 64 GB PlayBook will be delivered today and out-of-the-box it will be able to do things that iOS and Android tablets cannot.

Even if it never gets another OS update, I can see myself using it for a year or two, at least. I think that will be more than enough time to make my $190 investment worth it.

The PlayBook is a great device that, in spite of poor implementation and support from the company that made it, is still one of the best 7" tablets out there at its current price. That's a sad testament to the state of "innovation" in the tablet market over the past 2 years.
    I love my PlayBook but there's nothing it can do that you can't do on any other tablet out there. The only thing I can think of is encrypting the device which I'm sure you could do on an Android tablet.
    05-17-13 11:23 AM
    Don't the same apps in the Android and apple world always work on both?
    I don't know of many successful apps in Google Play store or iOS app store that can't work on both phones and tablets. I can't think of ANY that iOS restricts....and i'm sure the developers wouldn't want to restrict them would they?
    05-17-13 07:39 PM
    That I agree with! I'm sure there's a reason for it, like he didn't want to distract from other stuff or the launch date is still in flux as they try to get it running. But it would have been nice to say something. Like, "we are still working on BlackBerry 10 for PlayBook and PlayBook LTE for this year but don't have any more to discuss at this time."
    Then he might be accused of lying again.
    05-17-13 07:40 PM
59 123