Hello everyone,
    3. Can I easily access my gmail using the PB?
    Yes, the native mail app works well with gmail
    12-17-12 09:52 AM
    I would agree with everyone who said spring for the larger 32gb or 64gb version. I have the 64gb model. It is such a great video playing device that I have about 20 full-length movies and another couple hours of camcorder clips, tv episodes, and YouTube downloads on it at any given time, all at my fingertips and STILL have about 16gb free.
    12-17-12 11:36 AM
    Yes, the native mail app works well with gmail
    I concur. If you use Google Calendar, that works perfect too. On my BB 9850, the gmail calendar doesn't sync worth a crap, but it always works 100% on my PlayBook - as well as my other accounts. Great way to view all your calendar items from multiple accounts.
    12-17-12 01:41 PM
    GET THE 64GB MODEL!!!!!!!!!!!!@ When you hve all of your music loaded onto it, and few movies (even if "highly" compressed) you will be wanting the room.

TRUST US.

Get the 64.....................Not the Commodore, the Playbook...........

C
    12-17-12 02:26 PM
    Bought the 16gb version now the 64 is cheaper than mine. Pity...
    12-17-12 02:35 PM
    I use tumblr everyday. 1)using it on the PBs browser is great. even the camera will work when needed. 2) the makers of Blaq are making a tumblr app called Trapeez. So your tumblr needs will be quenched either way.
    12-17-12 03:23 PM
    Hi, I'm not sure if you can help me or not. I just found this site and I'm trying to figure out how to use it. I need some info and guidance from someone who can tell me how to download free Ebooks onto my Playbook. Just bought it for my wife to use mainly as an Ebook reader. Also what Ebooks can the PB read. I see different websites with different file extension to them. I have been trying to sinc with my pc and transfer them that way. We're totally new to tablets.
    12-17-12 03:44 PM
    I have a 16GB playbook and have no storage issues at all. I regularly upload videos and pictures from the Playbook to Skydrive and then delete the original content on the PB to free up space. With the latest version of the Files & Folders app, I can now stream videos and music from my Skydrive, so I don't even need to download content anymore.
    12-17-12 03:52 PM
    Hi, I'm not sure if you can help me or not. I just found this site and I'm trying to figure out how to use it. I need some info and guidance from someone who can tell me how to download free Ebooks onto my Playbook. Just bought it for my wife to use mainly as an Ebook reader. Also what Ebooks can the PB read. I see different websites with different file extension to them. I have been trying to sinc with my pc and transfer them that way. We're totally new to tablets.
    sounds like you shoulda just got an e book reader. nevertheless, there are ebook apps to tryout. best bet is to look thru the "playbook apps" section of this site. Kindle seems to be the more popular app(which I also use) but its not available on app world. "intermediate" knowledge to how to "sideload" the kindle app can be found in the thread I mentioned but also under (android sideloading). it may also help to go with what you know. If there's previous e books you have already used in the past (even on pc) to start to research on that and see what's available for the playbook.
    whether its buying devices or learning how to use them, research answers all. not many are able to take the time to go step by step with many resources available. best this to do is search the forums.
    12-17-12 04:04 PM
    One of the favorites of users with an active developer on the forum is

Buy Book Reader for EPUB and Kindle books - Download Book Reader for EPUB and Kindle books - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

If is for epubs generally.

Kindle as noted can easily be sideloaded.

There are also a few pdf readers including the free Adobe one included with the pb.

To convert between ebook formats, explore Calibre software for the computer.

Removing copy protection from books is another issue which generally you need to search out apart from the forum.
    12-17-12 05:14 PM
    I know someone has already said this, but i have been a big pusher of this.

APPS are stopgaps to fill holes in inadequate browsers... the playbook has a great browser. Almost all of the 'apps' you want are not needed on the playbook.

I personally use the gmail website (in desktop form) on my playbook rather than any app or even the native email client because that way it is exactly the same as on my computer.
    I also use the WEBSITE for youtube, twitter, facebook (when i want to make posts or edits, the app is good at making other posts easier to read) wordpress and many other sites.

I also use the playbook extensively to edit and update my works website which is based on a template running through refinery. I can use my iphone, but the screen is way too small... so i tether my playbook to the phone (6GB of data!) and have a much easier time doing all the work on a screen that is perfect for the job.

Home - Dovercourt Boys & Girls Club (not a super awesome amazing website, but its all been done through the pb!)
    12-17-12 07:09 PM

APPS are stopgaps to fill holes in inadequate browsers... the playbook has a great browser. Almost all of the 'apps' you want are not needed on the playbook.

I personally use the gmail website (in desktop form) on my playbook rather than any app or even the native email client because that way it is exactly the same as on my computer.
    I also use the WEBSITE for youtube, twitter, facebook (when i want to make posts or edits, the app is good at making other posts easier to read) wordpress and many other sites.

I also use the playbook extensively to edit and update my works website which is based on a template running through refinery. I can use my iphone, but the screen is way too small... so i tether my playbook to the phone (6GB of data!) and have a much easier time doing all the work on a screen that is perfect for the job.

Home - Dovercourt Boys & Girls Club (not a super awesome amazing website, but its all been done through the pb!)
    I'd like to give this guy a big +1 or a +1,000

The PlayBook browser makes up for a lot of the app gap. It is by far the most valuable "app" on the PlayBook.
    I do use the native PIM apps for the purpose of email notifications and such, but still the browser is where it's at!
    12-17-12 07:14 PM
    What type of computer will you want to sync and back it up with? I'm still strugglng with my PB on a Mac 5 months after I bought it. But still happy with it for the price ($270 AUD for the 32GB).
    12-17-12 09:57 PM
    One of the favorites of users with an active developer on the forum is

Buy Book Reader for EPUB and Kindle books - Download Book Reader for EPUB and Kindle books - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

If is for epubs generally.

Kindle as noted can easily be sideloaded.

There are also a few pdf readers including the free Adobe one included with the pb.

To convert between ebook formats, explore Calibre software for the computer.

Removing copy protection from books is another issue which generally you need to search out apart from the forum.
    I bought mine as primarily an ereader which was a mistake (but ended up loving the PB for itself!) It does not support Adobe Digital Editions which is the app I need to read books purchased from my favourite ebook store. As this is a Christian bookstore I am not comfortable ripping protection to transfer onto another app.
    12-17-12 10:00 PM
    It does not support Adobe Digital Editions which is the app I need to read books purchased from my favourite ebook store. As this is a Christian bookstore I am not comfortable ripping protection to transfer onto another app.
    The lack of Adobe Digital Editions for the BlackBerry PlayBook is inexcusable. I have been forced to run Microsoft Windows - a punishment I assure you - just to run Adobe Digital Editions to download purchased ebooks "protected" by Adobe DRM and then to run a Python script to remove the DRM before copying the "clean" ebook to my BlackBerry PlayBook. Other tablets and ereaders seem to have built-in capability via Adobe Digital Editions to download and read these ebooks directly on the device.
    12-17-12 11:03 PM
    lol. donations are accepted
    12-19-12 04:20 PM
    Hey everyone,

Opened my Playbook up today and I'm really impressed with it so far. I have already found that the excellent browser pretty much eradicates the need for a lot of apps.

I have a couple of questions though;

How do I charge using the USB cable?

Images aren't showing up on Facebook, any reason why?

Happy Holidays everyone!
    12-25-12 05:53 PM
    Drm protected books are the shame.
    It had nothing to do with rim. Complain to adobe for at the very least porting an android app over. Problem is like most companies they're to lazy to even bother.
    12-25-12 05:57 PM
    Use the wall charger. Most computers don't supply enough voltage to properly charge they playbook.

As for the Facebook friend list with no images, since the latest update It seemed to screw up the images. Not a big deal you should know who your friends are. Sure it will be fixed
    Again soon.
    12-25-12 06:03 PM
    If you are NOT using the pb, then charging with a computer usb port can work SLOWLY. But they provide much less power than the ac adapter. The travel rapid charger is nice since it takes the stress of the more fragile usb port on the pb. And files can be transferred using wifi sharing and not the cable.
    12-25-12 11:38 PM

12-27-12 12:02 AM
    As this is a Christian bookstore I am not comfortable ripping protection to transfer onto another app.
    The locks are there because the Christian book store doesn't trust you.
    There is nothing un-Christian about taking the lock off of an item you own.
    12-27-12 06:06 AM
47 12