A couple of times over the past few months, I've been really tempted to get a PlayBook. They're only about $150 on Amazon, although I'm pretty sure they�re WiFi only.

I know they are well past EOL, no longer supported, and I think even B1aze has advised against buying one.

But they look kinda groovy, and it would be good to have a device that can play Flash (my Z30 can, but it's a little small). Would convince me if Citrix worked, but I'm guessing it doesn�t.

Is there any hope for me? Am I a sad loser?

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 11:56 PM
    Huge waste of money. Seriously. I have a 64gb model kicking around somewhere. Absolutely useless.
    Nikola Stojic and so crow like this.
    01-10-16 12:04 AM
    Also the flash version on the browser is ancient and does not work on most sites now. You would be insane to pay 150 for this device IMHO.

What we got here is failure to communicate....
    daveyw_nz likes this.
    01-10-16 09:30 AM
    The other day I bought the SuperTube
    Today I bough a quick charging standing pod

PB still has a lots of uses, one simply has to know what to expect

Posted via CB10
    daveyw_nz and andy957 like this.
    01-10-16 09:42 AM
    PB still has a lots of uses, one simply has to know what to expect
    It still has media player uses but that's about all. Not $150 worth of uses in my opinion.
    daveyw_nz likes this.
    01-10-16 10:38 AM
    "Only $150"!? Lol! Seriously!? Maybe @$40

Posted via CB10
    daveyw_nz likes this.
    01-10-16 11:21 AM
    I'm not sure where you are located OP, but here you can find so many of them on Craigslist it's ridiculous. I bought my 32gb PB that came with the mini bluetooth keyboard and case for $60 (and no taxes or shipping).

Some people are saying that it's not worth buying at all but it still does have uses. For $150 though, you could probably do much better. Keep searching and you'll find a better deal. I find it to be a great portable movie player, even compared to any more recent tablets. The browser capabilities are quite terrible but it with an app like Supertube, youtube videos can easily be viewed. It has its uses, but they are quite limited these days.
    01-10-16 11:39 AM
    My mother and father each is using their own PlayBook. Then one day the connection failed so my brother bought him a Samsung Galaxy Tab. He didn't touch the Galaxy once true story. I ended up giving mine to him. He is a happy man.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    daveyw_nz likes this.
    01-10-16 11:53 AM
    For a better price it isn't bad. It actually takes good pictures and video. Stores music or movies. It does look good best tablet looks I've ever seen.

50 bucks for a 64 gig. Max. I mean I haven't used mine for years but you've got me wanting to fire mine up just to see. I get sentimental that's why I have old PlayBooks, Torches, a Z10 and a Q5 laying around (Q5 never been used or removed from the box) laying around.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2876 / T-Mobile USA
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    01-10-16 12:37 PM
    I just sold mine recently, the nostalgia is cool, but bro please don't spend more than $50 for one.

Posted via CB10
    tufcustomer, daveyw_nz and Doggerz like this.
    01-10-16 03:21 PM
    OP, in a word, yes.

Posted via CB10
    daveyw_nz likes this.
    01-10-16 04:30 PM
    I'm not sure where you are located OP, but here you can find so many of them on Craigslist it's ridiculous. I bought my 32gb PB that came with the mini bluetooth keyboard and case for $60 (and no taxes or shipping).

Some people are saying that it's not worth buying at all but it still does have uses. For $150 though, you could probably do much better. Keep searching and you'll find a better deal. I find it to be a great portable movie player, even compared to any more recent tablets. The browser capabilities are quite terrible but it with an app like Supertube, youtube videos can easily be viewed. It has its uses, but they are quite limited these days.
    New Zealand, so Craigslist is out. Auction sites here would not have a PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 08:31 PM
    Not at all as long as you realize the limitations up front. However like all the others here I agree that for media purposes it's great. The speakers are among the best I've heard, tablet or not and the quality of HD videos, even the sample on the device is superb.
    01-11-16 03:40 PM
    If you could get it for $50 or less maybe,
    01-11-16 04:24 PM
    Yes get ios or android. Don't be tempted by the price.
    lifafterZ10 likes this.
    01-11-16 07:02 PM
    Nothing wrong with you. As long as you have a use case and low expectations it will be fine.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    01-11-16 07:05 PM
    Go eBay and stay cheap. Might find a package with stand and keyboard. Keep it under 75 for a 32 go and have fun.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 09:19 AM
    Oh and make sure you get an original amped up charger

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 09:22 AM
    It was great for its time. My mom loves having the tablet for on the go use, or in bed use.

But it's outdated, she's having problems with sites using flash and other things.
    I'm thinking of getting her a Windows 10 tablet some time this year.

I love BlackBerry, but the Playbook is past its prime.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 09:30 AM
    It is still the best bedroom alarm clock I've ever had!!!!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    brookie229 and andy957 like this.
    01-12-16 10:22 AM
    New Zealand, so Craigslist is out. Auction sites here would not have a PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    So if your $150 is NZ, that would be about $100 US. I got a 32Gig 1.5MHz 4G LTE a year ago for about $80 US in Oz and no regrets at all but there isn't a citrix client app AFAIK.

Yes, there are higher spec tablets, not surprising given the PB is heading for its 5th birthday, but the gesture based OS is a delight to use. The Browser is just fine if you get familiar with turning JavaScript on/off as needs be but forget the native browser for YouTube.

Since Google changed their YouTube API last year the free Dolphin browser from BB WORLD is your best option.

A lot of the BB WORLD offerings are rubbish unfortunately but then the same can be said for Android & iOS offerings. Just don't expect any popular App for those operating system to be offered for the PB.

And yes, that screen is beautiful for watching movies/programs I've recorded (mp4).

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 03:43 PM
    Well guys, I'm a BlackBerry fan and I'm 12! I bought my playbook 4 years ago and still using it! Also I have a z10 but would love a passport.. no priv for me

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    01-12-16 04:35 PM
    Still has some value. I think it is better than android low end tablets even with it's limited selection of apps, great for movies and email. With a bluetooth keyboard it still is valid for many businesses functions when traveling. Won't replace a good laptop but great in a pinch. Slow though sometimes downloading sites.
    01-24-16 11:43 PM
    I bought a used PlayBook last year as test to see how I would use a tablet. It's good for playing video and the 7digital app works. So, music I've bought will play on the Playbook. I've connected it to my TV and used my Z10 as a remote with BlackBerry Bridge.
    There's some decent games still available in BlackBerry World. I bought The Bard's Tale and really enjoy it. So, I bought another used PlayBook for my wife and she is happy with it for what she uses it for, mostly surfing and playing games.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-16 01:23 PM
    Yes, it's called nostalgia lol

Posted via CB10 from my BlackBerry Passport
    02-05-16 02:30 AM
48 12