02-10-12 04:05 AM
200 1234 ...
tools
    ahhhh. ok ill call around again.
    did they give you any problems, bc when i called they didnt even seem to be interested in letting me know i can order one.

like i would pay over the phone if i had to, but the guy didnt even mention it
    02-02-12 04:50 PM
    if i ordered this online at walmart/bestbuy or something would i be able to go to a store location and get a price match?
    02-02-12 05:18 PM
    The add says "Starting at..." so by that I believe that the 16 will be $149 & the rest will be higher...also, the sale starts TOMOROW, that's probably why you don't see it on sale today
    02-02-12 05:23 PM
    Do you know what the 64gb is at?

why would the 16 and 32 be 149?
    Looks like only 32GB available. 64GB is not available and 16gb shows as discontinued in the system. There is no local stock. All are ordered out of TO and orders are only accepted starting Monday
    02-02-12 05:29 PM
    so I just got off the phone with bestbuy and they will give me the differance with the 30 day price protection woot!!! so I get money back for the 16gb AND the 32gb so they will even be cheaper! wmahahahahaha
    02-02-12 07:23 PM
    what website are you looking at ? I couldn't find the new advertised price of 149 (32Gb) here in Ontario
    02-02-12 07:27 PM
    so I just got off the phone with bestbuy and they will give me the differance with the 30 day price protection woot!!! so I get money back for the 16gb AND the 32gb so they will even be cheaper! wmahahahahaha
    is this in canada? (toronto...)
    so if i go to a bestbuy i can get them for the discounted price?

does that include if i order online to pickup?
    02-02-12 08:34 PM
    this is in canada (quebec anyways), and I plan on going tomorrow to get my discounts, and as for if it includes order online or pickup I have no idea,you would have to call and find out...
    02-02-12 08:48 PM
    Not sure what the condition is of the PB? The one's at the web team store had damaged boxes, I guess they still hold a warranty but I hear they will be final sales. Not sure....but thats what I read on RFD.
    02-02-12 08:56 PM
    it doesnt matter if it is a final sale as long as bestbuy can price match bc they will do the price match but without final sale
    02-02-12 09:03 PM
    it doesnt matter if it is a final sale as long as bestbuy can price match bc they will do the price match but without final sale
    Oh i see but isn't it hard to get them to price match like they have to find a model at another store and if it says limited quantities don't they refuse it?
    02-02-12 09:23 PM
    im not sure if they can refuse it for 'limited qualities' as any store cannot sell something that they dont have, and that is why i would go ask for a price match (because the initial store doesnt have it)
    02-02-12 10:03 PM
    The sale doesn't start until February 3 according to that photo on the CrackBerry article. And it is hard to see, but I think it may say "TENTATIVE DATE: February 3 - 9"

So it probably isn't in their system yet, and .... it might be..... TENTATIVE

I'd keep checking tomorrow though - the local sales reps might catch wind of this, and have updated prices in their system.
    I'm pretty sure it is "EFFECTIVE DATE" not "TENTATIVE". I don't think they'd send out a tentative bulletin, only one that is for certain.
    02-02-12 10:13 PM
    still not updated on the site...
    02-03-12 12:46 AM
    I asked at a telus store last night and the girl said they had like 100 calls. They did not have a clue about the sale. And they were sold out of playbooks
    02-03-12 06:02 AM
    Its live on Telus now, 16 and 32 for $149 in store only, limited quantities.
    http://www.telusmobility.com/en/AB/b...ok/index.shtml

FS and BB policy is not to price match on limited quantities but as always you may get a CSR that does.

I'm sure lower pricing will be coming to FS and BB soon anyhow, they have a lot of 16GB units to clear.
    Last edited by Sonic77; 02-03-12 at 07:12 AM.
    02-03-12 07:09 AM
    The telus website is updated with the new pricing but it does state "while quantities last".
    After reviewing all of the price match guarantees, it doesn't appear any of the competitors will honour it.

Best buy states "Once our staff verifies that the item is in stock and available for immediate sale and delivery at the advertised price, you will receive your refund"

So our only luck is if we can find one in a telus store!
    02-03-12 07:14 AM
    yeessss, bestbuy here i come!
    02-03-12 07:31 AM
    Was just at Bureau en Gros( Staples ) manager said they won't price match Telus price.
    Just went in for fun since I was at SuperC picking up a few thing.
    I didn't ask why they wouldn't price match but took him all of 1 second to say NO.
    So maybe they got heads up from head office.
    Would of taken another at the price but not arguing for a price match since I pick up another 64GB this week.
    02-03-12 07:48 AM
    Just got a 32gb at a local Telus store. Last and only one they had in stock. They would not or could not order more. For that price I wanted two. I took my receipt over to Walmart and they price matched and sold me a 32gb at the $149.
    mjolnirgs likes this.
    02-03-12 08:03 AM
    The website has the 16 and 32 GB for 149 now and the 64 for 299 but the picture clearly shows that all three were going to be 149. Knowing telus they probably have no stock in the 16 and 32 so then people will just buy the 64...bait and switch I believe it's called.
    02-03-12 08:10 AM
    It's all a charade, if you ask me....bring 'em in, tell them it's out of stock in the hopes they'll buy something else.
    02-03-12 08:12 AM
    telus in london soldout within 5 mins after opening. lineups + short stock = me going home empty handed.

futureshop has 2 dozen, but won't pricematch because the telus sale is 'while quantites last'.

but, since futureshop has 2 dozen in stock ( as is likely the case in many other FutureShops ), i'm guessing they will have a sale of their own soon.
    Last edited by drummer_god; 02-03-12 at 09:12 AM.
    02-03-12 09:09 AM
    wtf does "while quantities last" have to with not getting a price matched? everything a store sells is while quantities last, INCLUDING weekly sales/deals... its just bs and you guys walking away so easily surprises me, i would of called the head office or threaten to call bbb as this is total nonsense! they better not pull that with me when i go for the price protection balance! or i swear ill return my PB for a refund!!
    02-03-12 09:24 AM
    There weren't any quantities to begin with in the entire Greater Toronto Area, so while quantities last doesn't even apply. Great sale...
    02-03-12 09:26 AM
200 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD