Reading posts over at RFD it's seems to be the ones that bought through the teamwebstore getting canceled.

To: [email protected]
    Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 11:21:34 -0500
    Subject: TELUS Team Webstore Order for the 32GB BlackBerry Playbook / Votre commande en ligne BlackBerry Playbook 32GB

Hello,

Please be advised that your order for the BlackBerry Playbook tablet has been cancelled and refunded (allow up to 3 business days to be completed) as this was a limited quantity offer and stock was depleted before your order could be fulfilled. We have kept your contact information on file and you will be notified of similar Webstore sales in future. Please reply to this email if you would like to be removed from this distribution list.

Please contact us at 1-866-488-2709 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 9pm EST) or [email protected] should you have any further questions.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.
    Last edited by balding1; 02-06-12 at 02:59 PM.
    02-06-12 02:56 PM
    I just got home with a 32gb from Telus today! Thought they were all sold out but was pleasantly surprised when I heard they were getting more in this morning.
    02-06-12 03:02 PM
    wow. if mine gets cancelled i will be so pissed
    02-06-12 04:16 PM
    My credit card went from a temp hold to a full charge this morning except the morons running the show charged my card twice.
    Will wait before I call to see what comes from telus.(If anything)
    Got to agree with what was posted at another forum, how can you run a website store and not know basic math. Got 100 units in stock some 1 buys 2. 100-2=98 left in stock.
    Last edited by balding1; 02-07-12 at 04:51 AM.
    02-07-12 04:45 AM
    I had my credit card charged as well .... but just got email saying the order was cancelled.

This is a big FAIL for Telus. Not only the screw up and accepting orders when they did not have inventory but more importantly charging cards and then taking 4 days to email and cancel the order.
    02-07-12 08:43 AM
    Mine went from a temp hold to a full charge twice on my credit card this morning to a canceled order e-mail at 9:32 this morning.
    Talk about Telus F#cking up BIG TIME.
    Mine wasn't through the teamwebstore but through the regular store.
    02-07-12 08:47 AM
    Called the morons at Telus to find out why my CC was charged twice.
    She said 172.45 was credited for order being canceled, I said fine what about the other 172.45 that was charged? She told me it wasn't then I told her it was and she look further to find out it was.
    Gave me the authorizing number for it and to phone my credit card company if it's not off in 3-5 business days.
    Told her to make sure she thanked the higher ups who put on the sale for the screw up.
    Now have to waist my time for their screw up.
    Last edited by balding1; 02-07-12 at 09:49 AM.
    02-07-12 09:41 AM
    So I checked my CC today and there is a charge from Telus in the amount of $ 172.00. My problem is, I didn't receive a confirmation email on Friday, and I didn't get a cancellation email from Telus....
    02-07-12 10:19 PM
    im gonna make a few calls and see see if there is a reason for this

im thinking that if they did this to hundreds of people they had over thousands of dollars for at least 2 days... did they gain anything from having this money? if they did i will certainly not settle for anything less then getting the items i paid for
    pipotobe likes this.
    02-07-12 10:22 PM
    So I checked my CC today and there is a charge from Telus in the amount of $ 172.00. My problem is, I didn't receive a confirmation email on Friday, and I didn't get a cancellation email from Telus....
    Give them a call I was in the same shoes as you with no confirmation for my order, found out my transaction was cancelled even though my credit card was charged.
    02-07-12 11:01 PM
    Give them a call I was in the same shoes as you with no confirmation for my order, found out my transaction was cancelled even though my credit card was charged.
    I think I'm going to wait a couple of days to see. If I don't see a refund by next week, then I ll call them. This is a perfect case to see if Visa will refund my money if I don't get anything in the mail this week. Some ppl from rfd are starting to receive their playbook ordered on Feb 2nd.
    02-08-12 07:42 AM
    just wondering if anyone DID NOT get the order cancelled... i have not got a cancellation email yet
    02-09-12 12:08 AM
    im gonna make a few calls and see see if there is a reason for this

im thinking that if they did this to hundreds of people they had over thousands of dollars for at least 2 days... did they gain anything from having this money? if they did i will certainly not settle for anything less then getting the items i paid for
    No. Assuming everything on the high side with immediate transfer of the money into their accounts, no processing fees charged to them by the credit card companies, and no delay in transfer of the funds to them (all doubtful)

$200x 500 people x 1% interest x 2days/366 = $5.46

You now need to pay the people fixing the problems in the ordering system, and the people answering the phone that you're calling.

They're not making any money from the problems that occurred with their ordering system, and will lose even more if they have to purchase product at a loss to ship it to people that placed orders before they were able to close the system.
    02-09-12 07:58 AM
    No. Assuming everything on the high side with immediate transfer of the money into their accounts, no processing fees charged to them by the credit card companies, and no delay in transfer of the funds to them (all doubtful)

$200x 500 people x 1% interest x 2days/366 = $5.46

You now need to pay the people fixing the problems in the ordering system, and the people answering the phone that you're calling.

They're not making any money from the problems that occurred with their ordering system, and will lose even more if they have to purchase product at a loss to ship it to people that placed orders before they were able to close the system.

My point is that i think, from the fact that EVERYONE got the orders cancelled, that there WAS NO STOCK to begin with once the sale went online. In which case im pretty sure they arent allowed to do that.

Also, it will take SIX days for them to get my money back according to them. so that would put the gain at $15 lol

BTW, just got an email an hour ago saying my order was cancelled. TELUS FTL!
    Last edited by FSeverino; 02-09-12 at 01:27 PM.
    02-09-12 01:21 PM
    My point is that i think, from the fact that EVERYONE got the orders cancelled, that there WAS NO STOCK to begin with once the sale went online. In which case im pretty sure they arent allowed to do that.

Also, it will take SIX days for them to get my money back according to them. so that would put the gain at $15 lol

BTW, just got an email an hour ago saying my order was cancelled. TELUS FTL!
    Too bad, thought maybe they forgot about ya and they would fulfill your order.
    Still waiting for my CC to be credited X2 for one order.lol
    Read over at RFD that peeps are getting a $50 credit on their account for the problem if your a Telus subscriber.Still didn't open my 64GB I bought at Staples last week for $299, have till next Wednesday to return just want to see where the prices go.
    Probably give it to my better half for valentines day and use her 16GB for testing.
    02-09-12 02:02 PM
    hmmm... the fact that they are getting the $50 shows that telus knows they made a big mistake.

Maybe i can get a $50 card and give it to a friend... would i get $100 bc i ordered two? lol
    02-09-12 02:24 PM
    i just got in with my new 32GB playbook. had walmart price match the $149.99 sale at BLACK's.black's website still has playbooks listed at $149.99, so if anyone else wants to get in on that price, go to walmart and have them look up blacks site on their computer, or bring in a screen print yourself.
    Last edited by drummer_god; 02-09-12 at 02:49 PM.
    02-09-12 02:26 PM
    hmmm... the fact that they are getting the $50 shows that telus knows they made a big mistake.

Maybe i can get a $50 card and give it to a friend... would i get $100 bc i ordered two? lol
    Send them a e-mail that's what they done over at RFD.
    Soon as I get my CC credit back, I'm done with dealing and arguing with them.
    Was going to phone them again tomorrow but they would just bum me out for the week-end so I'll wait till Monday.
    02-09-12 02:33 PM
    can you send me the link to the thread at RFD?
    their search function gives me 'bell' and 'rogers' when i search for telus...

and 'playbook' doesnt give me anything either
    02-09-12 02:40 PM
    can you send me the link to the thread at RFD?
    their search function gives me 'bell' and 'rogers' when i search for telus...

and 'playbook' doesnt give me anything either
    You can skip the first 50 pages or so.lol
    [Elect] [Merged] Telus selling 16 & 32GB Playbooks for $149.99 starting Feb. 3 (1 week only) - RedFlagDeals.com Forums
    FSeverino likes this.
    02-09-12 02:46 PM
    Last time...I returned a PlayBook from TELUS....I didn't get my money back till 2.5 months later! Probably wouldn't have gotten it back if I didn't email them to complain...
    02-09-12 02:51 PM
    Hello -----

Unfortunately, we do not have any Playbook units remaining to accommodate your request. We would like to offer you a $50 bill credit as compensation for this negative experience. Can you please provide your account details so that we may apply this credit?

Thank you for your understanding.

Webstore Escalations
    TELUS Customer Solutions
    Member of the TELUS team
    The future is friendly�

This is what was posted in the RFD forums. I will call Telus when I get a chance and see if this extends to non-Telus customers... maybe a $50 gift card to purchase accessories for the PB.
    02-09-12 02:55 PM
    So after searching all ove YVR, I decided to call around towns where I knew people. Edmonton sold out, Calgary too. I have a few friends in small towns in Alberta from my Medevac Pilot days. Sure enough found some PB's in .......... High Level Alberta!!!

Had to have my friend buy it for me, and mail it, but still a Win in my books....
    speedypear likes this.
    02-09-12 04:34 PM
    ^ yup.

it would be a bigger win if you sent me one!
    lol
    02-09-12 04:42 PM
    Checked my CC account online this morning and got credited for the playbooks X 2.
    So that's it for me and Telus.
    By the way FSeverino the guy who got the $50 credit said he's not a Telus subscriber and they gave him a extra $50 on his CC with his refund.
    Have a great week-end guys and gals.
    02-10-12 04:05 AM
200 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD