I'm wondering if some peoples were successful with this. I know the link is dead now.
    yea, i got two!
    pipotobe likes this.
    02-03-12 04:53 PM
    I called the Telus retailer near me and she said none at her location but advised me to go to another retailer such as Wal Mart and get the price match.
    02-03-12 05:04 PM
    I called the Telus retailer near me and she said none at her location but advised me to go to another retailer such as Wal Mart and get the price match.
    lol. you can try but ive heard a lot more NO then YES to that request.
    im still baffled as to why it is not a uniform YES or NO for each chain of stores.

If they all follow the same rules then ALL or NONE should be giving the price match
    02-03-12 05:10 PM
    yea, i got two!
    Thanks I also tried earlier but I didn't get a confirmation number. At the end of the transaction I got an error message.
    02-03-12 05:11 PM
    sorry man.
    i might be able to sell you mine if you live in toronto and i cant find a family member to buy it
    pipotobe likes this.
    02-03-12 05:19 PM
    sorry man.
    i might be able to sell you mine if you live in toronto and i cant find a family member to buy it
    Thanks for the offer but I live in Montreal. Ill keep an eye open for another deal on the web.
    02-03-12 06:19 PM
    Thanks I also tried earlier but I didn't get a confirmation number. At the end of the transaction I got an error message.
    I wasn't able to complete the transaction either it was sending me back to their home page to check out again, strange enough the transaction was accepted but at the final stage my credit card company does a final verification and once upon completion of that stage I started getting the re-check out messages.
    I decided to do a live chat with the operator on hand and was advised to refresh or clear the recent history which I did, not only I wasn't able to go back the Playbook special page I lost all traces of my transaction.
    I was quite upset as I bought my second Playbook a 32gb model at $ 249 just this past Wednesday and was still within my exchange or refund period.
    02-03-12 06:24 PM
    hey guys i wanted to update you all,

i had earlier posted about that i ordered one threw cantell, that fell threw.

but!

i called london drugs early in the day and they said they would price match! word directly from the manager. after i called early in the day he told me that he got in contact with the rim rep and the rep said to use your discresion in who to price match too.

anyways i picked up a 32gb for 149$

apparently there we only 50 playbooks in western canada being offered at that price.

i highly doubt anyone will get any price matching after today though.
    02-03-12 06:34 PM
    I wasn't able to complete the transaction either it was sending me back to their home page to check out again, strange enough the transaction was accepted but at the final stage my credit card company does a final verification and once upon completion of that stage I started getting the re-check out messages.
    I decided to do a live chat with the operator on hand and was advised to refresh or clear the recent history which I did, not only I wasn't able to go back the Playbook special page I lost all traces of my transaction.
    I was quite upset as I bought my second Playbook a 32gb model at $ 249 just this past Wednesday and was still within my exchange or refund period.
    Thanks. I thought mine got through because everything was fine during the Visa step (this is where you have to re-confirmed that you're a human being But since the transaction was done on my phone it seems that something happened at the end because when I got redirected to the Telus site there was an error message. At the moment I was thinking that the transaction still went ok. However I didn't get any email confirmation. So I'll just check my credit card in a couple of days to see it a transaction was processed on it..
    02-03-12 07:00 PM
    I lucked out. I had bought a 32GB playbook at Walmart for $248 this past Monday so took the Telus ad into Walmart and they pricematched
    02-03-12 07:01 PM
    Thanks. I thought mine got through because everything was fine during the Visa step (this is where you have to re-confirmed that you're a human being But since the transaction was done on my phone it seems that something happened at the end because when I got redirected to the Telus site there was an error message. At the moment I was thinking that the transaction still went ok. However I didn't get any email confirmation. So I'll just check my credit card in a couple of days to see it a transaction was processed on it..
    Mine went through, got the confirmation e-mail and also a temp hold on credit card for the funds from Telus.
    So it would be on your credit card right away not in a few days.
    02-03-12 07:05 PM
    sorry man.
    PM sent 10char
    02-03-12 07:14 PM
    I guess if it wasn't for that Visa verification stage the transactions would have gone through, we were at the order page as all of our information included credit card info was submitted and accepted by Telus I guess !
    I sent them an email explaining the situation but I have lost all traces of the transaction when I cleared my browser's cache.
    I still have my second PB that I purchased at 249 $ which I believe for a 32gb PB is still a good price for a very good tablet, anyway it's a company purchase after tax savings I will not be too far from the $ 149 Telus price.
    alan510 and pipotobe like this.
    02-03-12 07:52 PM
    Blacks is owned by Telus. FS/BB, Walmart etc are not.

And honestly I'm pretty disgusted that you think someone being reprimanded or potentially fired is okay because you 'want to save people money'. The rules have been explained. If someone is okay with trying to take advantage of an employee knowing that they shouldn't be getting the price match, that says more about the person than the employee.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    I'm sorry but this is funny. I love the guilt trip. Every single person I don't care who you are wants a deal, on whatever they are buying. In the end no blame goes on us evil consumers! lol... the blame goes to whatever store the worker is at for not training them enough and saying to them "if you price match in this way you will be fired".
    Last edited by shn; 02-04-12 at 12:02 AM.
    02-03-12 11:52 PM
    Got a couple through my friend's employee account. It's a ridiculous price. Just happy to spread the PB love to others!
    02-04-12 12:14 AM
    Got a couple through my friend's employee account. It's a ridiculous price. Just happy to spread the PB love to others!
    Can you share this ?
    Thanks
    02-04-12 12:47 AM
    That would be GREAT
    but im pretty sure they are all sold out
    02-04-12 12:48 AM
    i got a 32gb pb for the wife. bestbuy pm it and i got it for $141 plus tax.
    02-04-12 01:13 AM
    can you spread the love here. i would love to pick one up for the wife at that great price.
    02-04-12 01:56 AM
    Can you share this ?
    Thanks
    Sorry, should have clarified that I got a couple for my friends. The teamstore's all out too (not sure if it's mentioned in the other pages in this thread).
    pipotobe likes this.
    02-04-12 02:02 AM
    DAMN. i should have got more.

i have like 5 people interested in the TWO that i bought

pipotobe likes this.
    02-04-12 12:52 PM
    How can I price match in Montreal when I can't even find the AD?

It's not on telus' site .
    I really want the 32gb at 149 ... wow
    02-04-12 01:15 PM
    FYI .... based on posts on the RFD forum .... people who purchased through Telus online on Friday are all receiving cancellation notices via email as they did not have inventory to fulfill the orders.

I ordered one on Friday and have yet to get a xcel email but have also not had a shipping notification.
    02-06-12 02:26 PM
    +1.. Mine from the Telus Webstore got cancelled today. Oh well, luckily I snagged one for my wife and one for me at the local Telus shop. New to the playbook and I am now officially HOOKED. Love it. My addiction to using my iphone has gone way down
    02-06-12 02:31 PM
    +1.. Mine from the Telus Webstore got cancelled today. Oh well, luckily I snagged one for my wife and one for me at the local Telus shop. New to the playbook and I am now officially HOOKED. Love it. My addiction to using my iphone has gone way down
    Maybe a mod should merge this thread and the IBM promo code thread. lol
    02-06-12 02:36 PM
200 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD