Unsold units are generally bought back by the company for sale through their channels. Same thing happened with the 7" galaxy tab. We sent them back to Samsung and were reimbursed.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    and what did samsung do with them... and how much did it cost to do all of this...

i know the process, im just saying that maybe if people respected the buyers more then companies woudnt waste so much money sending products back and forth from each other or re-printing all kinds of sale fliers monthly.

again... just an idea/concept

Because RIM pays us the difference between $199 and $312. It's called a sell thru credit and it's why this sale is costing RIM. I'm honestly surprised they are still doing it.

so, why cant they do the same deal with other stores? FS and BB will have this same sale, that is almost a given. ESPECIALLY if there is not a HUGE demand after OS 2 is released
    02-03-12 01:17 PM
    Hey Guys, I was able to get a price match at wal-mart! Got the last 16GB. They did put up a fight because there was no "effective date" on the website. Try your luck! Telus was sold out from yesterday. I called 8 stores and all had nothing.
    This morning I went to a local Telus store here in Vernon and got them to print off their web add. Took it to Future Shop and they price matched Telus! So I got me a brand spanking new 32g for the awesome price of $149.xx + HST. Being an early adopter of an original 16g, this is soooooo nice.

Here's th link again.

BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet | Tablets | TELUS Mobility
    02-03-12 01:21 PM
    This morning I went to a local Telus store here in Vernon and got them to print off their web add. Took it to Future Shop and they price matched Telus! So I got me a brand spanking new 32g for the awesome price of $149.xx + HST. Being an early adopter of an original 16g, this is soooooo nice.

Here's th link again.

BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet�|� Tablets�|� TELUS Mobility
    See... this is what i am talking about in terms of RESPECTING the buyer. how can SOME stores price match and others not?

People are getting matches at SOME wal-marts and FS's but SOME are saying it is impossible... HOW DOES THAT WORK?
    02-03-12 01:23 PM
    It's negotiated between the buyers and the supplier. Sometimes these are exclusive markdowns. We had ours at $199 for a month after FS/BB was back at full price.

Samsung reimbursed all costs to the retailers so there was no out of pocket for the return, I don't know what Samsung did with them after that. With the Touchpads, we had to send back the demos which were refurbed and sold through HP.

02-03-12 01:23 PM
    See... this is what i am talking about in terms of RESPECTING the buyer. how can SOME stores price match and others not?

People are getting matches at SOME wal-marts and FS's but SOME are saying it is impossible... HOW DOES THAT WORK?
    Because the employee isn't properly trained and will get a reprimand. I used to have to coach out those misapplied price matches when I was with FS/BB. The employee broke the rules. That's how they got the price match.

No offense but I don't know how much more clearly I can explain this for you. I don't mean that in a bad way.

02-03-12 01:24 PM
    So From the TELUS website they have listed other retailers that I can buy TELUS products:

Best Buy
    Blacks
    Future Shop
    Wal-Mart
    Staples
    Mobile shop
    Cellular point

Now being an authorized reseller of TELUS would they not have to sell at that price listed on the TELUS's website?
    02-03-12 01:25 PM

Think of it this way... Every successful pricematch is another fired employee for not following policy. But, you got a good price, so what does someone else's job matter?
    02-03-12 01:28 PM
    No. They are not corporate Telus. They are dealers only and are not obligated to match price. I mean, FS sells Bell but they often have different promotions than corporate Bell. There are two different divisions and two different sales channels.

02-03-12 01:28 PM
    Think of it this way... Every successful pricematch is another fired employee for not following policy. But, you got a good price, so what does someone else's job matter?
    Yeah lets not guilt out people who don't know the resulting cause. Most of us are trying to find a proper way of buying one. Maybe BB and FS and Walmart should be negotiating with Rim faster so they can match what is currently being offered.
    02-03-12 01:32 PM
    Because the employee isn't properly trained and will get a reprimand. I used to have to coach out those misapplied price matches when I was with FS/BB. The employee broke the rules. That's how they got the price match.

No offense but I don't know how much more clearly I can explain this for you. I don't mean that in a bad way.

it is clear, but the actions of employees are not... do they not need clearance from a manager? when i went to get a $10 discount on a computer monitor at FS it took 45 minutes bc 2 different managers needed to come in and put in a code...

So From the TELUS website they have listed other retailers that I can buy TELUS products:

Best Buy
    Blacks
    Future Shop
    Wal-Mart
    Staples
    Mobile shop
    Cellular point

Now being an authorized reseller of TELUS would they not have to sell at that price listed on the TELUS's website?
    THATS the exact same thing i used and i even said that BLACKS is honouring it... they said NO! lol
    02-03-12 01:33 PM
    If an employee doesnt know how to do their job then they shouldnt be working...
    Im not looking to get anyone fired, im looking to help people save money.
    (in fact i actually had a girl from walmart tell me that the other employee at her store did a price match but she was told not to so she suggested that i dont both going to that walmart... i could have easily went there and asked to speak to the male employee and got the discount)

No. They are not corporate Telus. They are dealers only and are not obligated to match price. I mean, FS sells Bell but they often have different promotions than corporate Bell. There are two different divisions and two different sales channels.

that makes sense, but Blacks is also having the sale...
    Last edited by FSeverino; 02-03-12 at 01:38 PM.
    02-03-12 01:35 PM
    Blacks is owned by Telus. FS/BB, Walmart etc are not.

And honestly I'm pretty disgusted that you think someone being reprimanded or potentially fired is okay because you 'want to save people money'. The rules have been explained. If someone is okay with trying to take advantage of an employee knowing that they shouldn't be getting the price match, that says more about the person than the employee.

Fnord likes this.
    02-03-12 01:40 PM
    Hey Guys, I was able to get a price match at wal-mart! Got the last 16GB. They did put up a fight because there was no "effective date" on the website. Try your luck! Telus was sold out from yesterday. I called 8 stores and all had nothing.
    what wording did you use to convience them?
    02-03-12 01:43 PM
    it is clear, but the actions of employees are not... do they not need clearance from a manager? when i went to get a $10 discount on a computer monitor at FS it took 45 minutes bc 2 different managers needed to come in and put in a code...

THATS the exact same thing i used and i even said that BLACKS is honouring it... they said NO! lol
    Well there was another guy in front of me at FS. He had bought a 16g on Wednesday at a higher price, returned it, got a credit and bought two 32g PB's at the $149.xx price.

I really hope he doesn't lose his job, that is clearly not right.
    02-03-12 01:46 PM
    Blacks is owned by Telus. FS/BB, Walmart etc are not.

And honestly I'm pretty disgusted that you think someone being reprimanded or potentially fired is okay because you 'want to save people money'. The rules have been explained. If someone is okay with trying to take advantage of an employee knowing that they shouldn't be getting the price match, that says more about the person than the employee.

WOW! please do not put words in my mouth! i NEVER said i want to get people fired. I said I WILL NOT get people fired!

i DO NOT want people to get fired, i just want to find a way where people SAVE money WITHOUT people getting fired.

For example, if one of us finds the reason some of these stores are offering the PM (and it is a legal/fair one) then everyone can get the price match... but if we just keep calling stores and hoping for an employee to slip up then i dont believe that is fair... i even said that in the post you quoted...

Me saving $50 is NEVER worth someone losing the potential to make thousands... NEVER!
    02-03-12 01:55 PM
    Checked two stores, none available
    02-03-12 02:00 PM
    If an employee doesnt know how to do their job then they shouldnt be working...
    Okay, to clarify I'm pretty disgusted with this remark, which to me reads as taking advantage of an employees lack of training and it being okay because if they don't know the price match policy they shouldn't be working so it's a-ok to take advantage of that.

02-03-12 02:07 PM
    Just picked up two 32GB for $149 at a best buy in Vancouver area. Pricematched after the manager checked out the Telus website.
    02-03-12 02:10 PM
    Okay, to clarify I'm pretty disgusted with this remark, which to me reads as taking advantage of an employees lack of training and it being okay because if they don't know the price match policy they shouldn't be working so it's a-ok to take advantage of that.

No, if you dont know something you ask the manager. If there is no mamger you say 'come back later' or 'im sorry but i need authorization for that'

when the manager deals with it it is their responsibility, and so on.

I work in an organization where the part-time staff are not allowed to handle any money, but some do, i do exactly as i have said (as i was told), if people have a problem with me doing my job then it is THEIR problem... but if i do something to make them happy and it is against what i was told then it is MY problem.

Im sorry if there is any confusion... but i dont see how that statement can be offensive if the condition of employment (im assuming) clearly states that if you are not a adequate employee you will be let go.
    02-03-12 02:11 PM
    Pfftt... I called the two Telus stores in the city I work and both said they had sold them all already... At 9:45am!!
    Then I called the other two stores in my hometown and same story... Nothing left

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    02-03-12 02:12 PM
    Okay, I'm done. What you said and what you say it meant are two different things to me.

02-03-12 02:16 PM
    Okay, I'm done. What you said and what you say it meant are two different things to me.

sorry for the misunderstanding... but i have never done anything to get any sales people (or other people in general) in trouble. i understand how difficult it is to get a job and would not wish unemployment on anyone (i am a certified teacher working 10 hours a week at a community center). sorry if i offended you by being unclear

Just called BB online customer service and they said that each store can price match what they see fit (meaning no one should get in trouble for doing so, but i would still suggest talking to a manager to verify)

Bestbuy will price match the blacks sale if you find one in store...again, this stipulation baffles my mind. Why would i go to ANOTHER store to get a sale price of THE FIRST STORE if there was still stock available (they are saying they are ok with the price but i need to find one at Blacks for them to give me the same deal)?
    Last edited by FSeverino; 02-03-12 at 02:24 PM.
    02-03-12 02:20 PM
    I called 5 stores in the Montreal area. All said they were sold out
    02-03-12 02:23 PM
    I'm sorry, but that isn't an advertisement, it's the PB product page listing the current price - which is accurate. All remaining stock is being sold for that price - what would you prefer they show?
    02-03-12 03:09 PM
    I'm sorry, but that isn't an advertisement, it's the PB product page listing the current price - which is accurate. All remaining stock is being sold for that price - what would you prefer they show?
    nothing... but if it is 'showing' that means it is not hidden, and that means it is public.
    and im pretty sure that is considered advertising
    02-03-12 03:14 PM
200 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD