Has anyone else with a telus account had this happen in the last day or so. I keep getting an error saying it is missing a password. IO go in and it is just the SMTP that is missing the password. Which from the setup instructions should not need a password. It also keeps saying the server is off line. Am I the only one having these issues currently.

Thanks in advance for any help or information.
    RegN likes this.
    03-16-12 10:03 AM
    I had some grief with shaw like that. I had to mess with it a bit by deleting and retrying to set it up. Finally it worked and has been good since. I found I had to have a good wifi signal and the setup went good. Not much help, I feel your frustration.
    03-16-12 10:47 AM
    mine started to do that yesterday with a telus imap account. afaik, i didn't change anything. i don't think it's related to the playbook tho because i've had the same thing happen on my pc many times in the past.
    03-16-12 11:41 AM
    Both my Telus IMAP accounts stopped working on the Playbook lately; haven't been able to get either working since, as imap, pop or using the automatic setup.
    03-16-12 02:56 PM
    I also suddenly lost my Telus email, and after many attempts I was able to restore it. Funny thing is that my settings remained the same as before, and here they are :

Enter email and password then press advanced.
    Then, select imap account.
    Incoming is: imap.Telus.net
    Port: 143
    Encryption off
    Smtp username and password off
    Smtp server: Smtp.Telus.net
    Port: 25
    Encryption off

This worked for me but it took multiple attempts with the same settings, I guess the Telus servers are acting up again, which is not uncommon.

Hope this works for you, don't despair.
    03-17-12 08:39 PM
    i didn't do anything besides give it some time. i know from years of telus experience it will be fine later. my pc is the same way. sometimes it barks that my password is wrong and i just cancel the dialogue box and soon enough it's working again. if i'm feeling like i want to, i re-enter the password and it's fine again. i dunno, just a telus thing i've learned to live with.
    03-17-12 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD