We all know OP made a mistake, but instead of rubbing it in, provide a solution on how you can help.
    What would you like us to do? Send him some money to help pay the bill?

Simple: Don't tether if you don't have a tethering plan. Don't tether if you don't understand what tethering is. Don't think that bridge and tethering are the same.
    Last edited by agault; 08-07-11 at 12:42 AM.
    08-07-11 12:37 AM
    That is one of my problems with Telus' website, it's rather shallow with information, I too didn't see anywhere stating that tethering is extra. I've done the same on my 500MB data plan and checked my online data useage and $0 was charged.
    08-07-11 08:27 AM
    What would you like us to do? Send him some money to help pay the bill?

Simple: Don't tether if you don't have a tethering plan. Don't tether if you don't understand what tethering is. Don't think that bridge and tethering are the same.
    You should of quoted me entirely, it's obvious rhetorical questions don't help yet you began by asking two of them yourself.

I agree with the tethering. I tethered with Bell and racked up over $700 in charges. But most phone companies will reverse the charges if it was an honest mistake and you did not know that you would be charged $8/mb.
    08-07-11 08:55 AM
    Telus doesn't charge for tethering to a tablet, doesn't matter if its bridge or actual tethering.

Something is wrong with the plans, call them to fix it up, reverse the charges and ensure your plan has free tethering. The agent I was talking to had to check if my plan supported the free tethering though.
    08-07-11 03:07 PM
    Nothing wrong with his grandfathered plan. The grandfathered plans do not include tethering.
    08-07-11 03:31 PM
    Nothing wrong with his grandfathered plan. The grandfathered plans do not include tethering.
    Actually I've read through my "Terms of Service" and there is not a single mention of "tethering", "bridging", "connecting to another device" or using as a "modem" or which ever creative term they can come up with to describe tethering. My plan was provided by Telus Retentions 2 years ago. Now it may have "changed" afterwards, but I can't find any trace of this in my Terms of Service.
    08-08-11 01:39 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD