I am sitting at the open house now. Playbook is sitting on a desk at the front door with "Solicit" app open. I sign in people who come to see the house with it [and of course advertise playbook at the same time because this app really looks great on playbook] Blackberry 9810 is connected to power outlet wit Mobile Hotspot on. I browse internet with my laptop with 4G speed and I am liking it a lot. Playbook is all hooked up to the phone through bridge. quiet classical music is playing on my playbook to put people in the house buying mood thanks to true pb multitasking and excellent speakers. Now tell me that my two blackberries are not great. If somebody was to give me iphone or andorid for free i would not take it.
    08-11-12 02:08 PM
    Sweet action! I like the cut of your jib.
    todbanner likes this.
    08-11-12 04:10 PM
    Never!(will tell you that )

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    08-11-12 04:26 PM
    Ok.
    Blackberry isn't great (for me)

If someone gives you a free Android phone or iPhone, please take it and mail it to me. I'll even pay postage.
    Bakamushi and Syrous44 like this.
    08-11-12 04:34 PM
    Right there with you buddy. 9860 and PB is a great combo. was just manning a bike rally station all day. posting updates and videos, surfing on the PB through the 4g phone( thank you rroyy!), and plenty of battery leftover. Love it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    jchavealot likes this.
    08-11-12 05:07 PM
    Cool using the best business device for business.
    jchavealot likes this.
    08-11-12 05:22 PM
    You know OP your post made me think of something. Could all the bad reviews by users on CrackBerry be by people who are upset that the business device isn't a toy to play games on? I love games got an Xbox for that so why would I hate the PlayBook because it doesn't have games or Skype or other teensomething apps?
    Just thinking out loud.
    08-11-12 05:26 PM
    You know OP your post made me think of something. Could all the bad reviews by users on CrackBerry be by people who are upset that the business device isn't a toy to play games on? I love games got an Xbox for that so why would I hate the PlayBook because it doesn't have games or Skype or other teensomething apps?
    Just thinking out loud.
    BlackBerry smartphones were never designed to be "consumer" devices, so your statement here is very valid and to be honest I think this is why people bash RIM all the time. Bottom line is that RIM devices were meant for the enterprise and government sectors, eventually they somehow fell into the consumer market and are now caught up in trying to juggle three different markets.
    08-11-12 06:06 PM
    If somebody was to give me iphone or andorid for free i would not take it.
    Dude! Take them, sell them & go get yourself some BB accessories. Good luck with the open house.
    bldshd likes this.
    08-11-12 06:18 PM
    OP. Your last sentence has a nice helping of troll bait. Prep yourself for flaming.

Back on topic......the BB phone/PB combo is fantastic! Best wishes on the open house!!!
    bldshd likes this.
    08-11-12 06:37 PM
    The google maps app in my 9810 is inferior (especially the GPS) than the one in my wife's IPhone, but still way better than the native map app from RIM. I don't think RIM get the resource to fix it in BB10.
    08-11-12 06:45 PM
    Just thinking out loud.
    I really like my Playbook, but I find that pretty confusing. In terms of software availability, the selection of top games is actually pretty good, far better than the selection of business[professional apps (and I would certainly include Skype in that category).
    08-11-12 06:50 PM
    I don't think RIM get the resource to fix it in BB10.
    RIM partners with TomTom for real-time traffic data and mapping | CrackBerry.com
    aha and hpjrt like this.
    08-11-12 06:58 PM
    The google maps app in my 9810 is inferior (especially the GPS) than the one in my wife's IPhone, but still way better than the native map app from RIM. I don't think RIM get the resource to fix it in BB10.
    RIM Announces Partnership With TomTom for Traffic & Maps - BerryReview

Aha!
    aha likes this.
    08-11-12 07:00 PM
    Dude! Take them, sell them & go get yourself some BB accessories. Good luck with the open house.
    true

OP. Your last sentence has a nice helping of troll bait. Prep yourself for flaming.

Back on topic......the BB phone/PB combo is fantastic! Best wishes on the open house!!!

you are right. all phones have weak points. so does bb but iphone and android are not for me.

I really like my Playbook, but I find that pretty confusing. In terms of software availability, the selection of top games is actually pretty good, far better than the selection of business[professional apps (and I would certainly include Skype in that category).
    true pb has simitations but for any sales people playbook is perfect imo

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    ninjarider1978 likes this.
    08-11-12 07:15 PM
    Just thinking out loud.
    Maybe people bought the playbook because they wanted something to play on?
    08-11-12 07:20 PM
    Nice! Hopefully it's not $50 bucks a piece though
    08-11-12 07:20 PM
    Just thinking out loud.

No, I think a lot of people are not satisfied because the playbook is marketed as a business device, yet it's missing a lot of software that business people use...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    amazinglygraceless and FF22 like this.
    08-11-12 07:22 PM
    Just thinking out loud.
    I agree but I also disagree lol I have a folder for games and it's filled with some great titles.

When I first got my PlayBook I played Modern Combat so much that the wife started getting annoyed...thank God for Muffin Knight because now she understands how a game can easily suck you in sometimes
    08-11-12 08:20 PM
    No, I think a lot of people are not satisfied because the playbook is marketed as a business device, yet it's missing a lot of software that business people use...

I can agree with that to a point. Most of the complaints are made by teensomething about games. This is backed up by most all the persons around here who are app developers are part time and work at wal mart.
    I just feel this way and if no one else does that's fine its your opinion.
    But in looking at some of the threads;
    I'm bored with my PlayBook.
    Why is there no Netflix.
    And don't forget It doesn't have skyhipe how am I going to see my girl?
    Simply put this device was not designed to be your toy to watch movies. Apple has a nice toy which will give these apps and more apps you can't live without. It's an ipad.
    goku_vegeta likes this.
    08-11-12 08:21 PM

what kind of software is it missing except for ...... skype ?

08-11-12 08:42 PM

LOL... but even though that wasn't logical, it got a lot of likes and thanks, so I guess it was worth it.

Really funny, because if I was gonna get a tab for play only, the PB would definitely be close to the top of my list. Business? Not even close.

Do like to see Bitek using tech in this manner. Love anecdotes like that. Bridge is great for this type of stuff.
    08-11-12 08:48 PM

an actual office suite would help too
    08-11-12 08:54 PM

For me, decent accounting/expense apps.

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk
    08-11-12 08:59 PM

Well,

Docs to Go is poor on the PB

The PDF reader is mediocre at best

There is no useful video chat/conference app
    08-11-12 09:00 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD