Techcrunch actually gave a decent interview with RIM's Jeff Gadway. In the video they even apologized for ambushing a RIM staffer the other day.

Hands-On With RIM’s New BlackBerry PlayBook 2.0 OS: Great, But Too Late? | TechCrunch
    Pilchard likes this.
    01-12-12 01:45 PM
    Really enjoyed watching this one. Looking forward to the release of OS 2.0
    01-12-12 03:47 PM
    That was much better presented than the last TechCrunch 'episode'. It's nice to see (at the very end) TechCrunch admit they ambushed the RIM employee (Alex I think) in the other video and apologized for it, although the apology should have been from Jordan Crook.
    Notice it was the actual RIM booth this time?
    01-12-12 03:52 PM
    Technically, he didn't actually apologize.

Sad I had to watch the whole thing to find that out, but he said "I don't see the guy here, but we were giving one of your reps a hard time the night before last... but we hope there's no hard feelings." He looks around, still not seeing Alex Kinsella (would he even recognize him?), and says "I'll come back here and apologize some other time."

He goes on, "If you hear some chatter around the water cooler that TechCrunch ambushed one of your guys... it's totally true, but that kind of thing happens."

The bimbo says "It was all in good fun" (she was actually complicit in the ambush, right?) and he says the same. (Note, in case it's not clear, the guy doing this interview wasn't the ambusher from the other night.)

H*ll of a lousy apology, if you ask me.

Not a bad interview, but then again all they had to do was let Jeff talk and the awesome new PIM and remote control features sell themselves well.

Sorry, let's have someone explicitly and clearly apologize, unconditionally, for unprofessional behaviour, and maybe outright boorishness, before we let them off the hook.
    Last edited by peter9477; 01-12-12 at 04:07 PM. Reason: got censored, fixed it
    black hole likes this.
    01-12-12 04:06 PM
    It's a really interesting video, as you can see the interviewer looking bored and cynical at the start and then buying in to the presentation as it goes on (though I assume he knew about the details of OS2 before the interview, right?)

I am really looking forward to OS2 as I am sure we all are. I think the enhanced mailbox view/filter thingy combined with the Bold 9900's keyboard will be the way to go for my email.

By the way, if you follow up by watching this video:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/st...berry-ces.html

You can see who Mike Clewley is!
    Last edited by Pilchard; 01-12-12 at 05:06 PM.
    01-12-12 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD