There are lots of options..

IMT-VNC is good and free if you know how to set up a VNC server on your PC and deal with the port forwarding and dynamic IP issue

RDM+ costs a few bucks but eases the setup hassles..

If you need something that can do RDP specifically you will find a few Android apps that will work now with the OS2 dev beta..
    10-21-11 03:13 PM
    Good ideas. I was looking for teamviewer because that is what I have all my friends and family on that always mess something up so I can fix it for them. Was hoping I wouldn't have to get them all on something else.
    10-21-11 03:18 PM
    I use TeamViewer on my notebook computer and access it via the TeamViewer website from my tablet. When I need to access my server or one of the virtual machines hosted on the server I have started using WebShell running in a virtual machine which allows me to access the host server or any of the other virtual machines, if command-line does not scare you, from the web browser on my tablet. Admittedly, I am trying to move to a completely "cloud-based" environment to ensure accessibility from my tablet or any computer with a web browser.

Damn Research In Motion for not including an ESCape key and an INSert key in their QWERTY keyboard smartphones... then I could use vi.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    10-21-11 09:53 PM
    Thank you very much for your inquiry and your interest in a TeamViewer version for Playbook.

We are currently observing the development of the iPhone App in order to be able to make any further decisions concerning the development of applications for other mobile devices.
    At least the web browser-based interface for the BlackBerry PlayBook allows us to connect to a computer running the TeamViewer application whether it be Apple Mac OSX, GNU/Linux and other *nix, or Microsoft Windows. Though a TeamViewer application for this tablet would be nice especially if it included a virtual mouse.
    axpado likes this.
    10-21-11 10:02 PM
    LAME. was hoping at least the android version of teamviewer worked. it doesn't. the 2 vnc apps in the store are garbage. and no teamviewer now? ughhhhhhhh.

edit: just found out even blackberries don't even have a teamviewer app. seriously????? wow dark ages....
    Last edited by lynntarbox; 12-26-11 at 01:45 AM.
    12-26-11 01:40 AM
    I was hopping for that also , but Teamviewer is much convinient to connect than RDP or VNC where you have to configure you router if you connect form outside. I'm using it form my Android phone and it's working very well but it would have ideal to use PB with larger screen.
    03-19-12 02:34 PM
    RDP is one of my big needs too. My iPad was great, but email sucked, so I switched.

Of course like everything else on PB - RDP? There's no app for for that. Yet.
    Watchoo talkin' bout, Willis?

Remote Desktop
    03-19-12 04:06 PM
    The TeamViewer website works perfectly to allow me to control all of my connected PCs. Only thing is that the response is much slower than i expected and without having a mouse cursor makes it a bit challenging to navigate my desktop. Think it's about comparable to using the TeamViewer app hats available on the iPad. If you setup all your remote PCs with a partner profile, it makes logging in much easier. Screen real-estate for TeamViewer on a PlayBook is challenging and better done on a larger screen, but not impossible.
    And everything stated above also applies to Logmein, as well as IMTVNC. Works fine, but a challenge on such a small screen.
    Last edited by cletis; 03-19-12 at 04:19 PM.
    03-19-12 04:07 PM
    Just looking for a little more PB love from Teamviewer...

Has anyone used Teamviewer in a browser on playbook? With a bluetooth mouse can you right click and all that?

If they don't support PB with an app I'm wondering if I can get by with a paid subscription. then of course there is a droid app, so maybe that will be ported?

Either way it seems a mouse will be necessary to control the tiny screen. I have seen meeses used on Playbook that magically make a windows like cursor appear on PB.
    A mouse -- or a bridge BB remote.
    03-19-12 04:19 PM
    I use teamviewer on my iphone and android tablet, but imt vnc on the playbook. I think IMT vnc is the best RDP for bb right now. The teamviewer or logmein from the website sucks imho. I have to refresh the screen everytime after I "do" something as if it's not real time.

For those that said imt VNC is not encrypted for data, that is true. I never figured out how to SSH or anything like that for the playbook or for my 9700. But have you tried to sniff the port and see what you get? There's thousands of lines of characters that whatever someone is looking for, they would have to write a application for it. I can't see screens, and the text is not laid out in a neat and easy to read format. It's just a bunch of garble.

If you try and use a non encrypted password, and then sniff the port, and search for that password, good luck.
    03-19-12 07:00 PM
    I can't get VNC to work. I'm running the client on my desktop... when I try to connect from PB I get the error "An IO error occurred: ioError @2031"

Any ideas?

Thanks
    04-04-12 09:07 PM
    I have run Teamviewer from the website but alas, like so many others a simple app would be nice. What is it about Blackberry that turns so many developers away (barring the recent news of RIM concentrating more on corporate settings)?
    04-04-12 10:02 PM
    What VNC app are you using on the pb and what VNC server are you using on the host?

On the same lan, it is pretty straight forward. Just enter your internal ip address and port you set up and just connect. Try it without a password first, and/or do not require encryption of the data transmission. Either set it to off or prefer.

I can't get VNC to work. I'm running the client on my desktop... when I try to connect from PB I get the error "An IO error occurred: ioError @2031"

Any ideas?

Thanks
    04-05-12 12:13 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD