hey anyone here a team viewer user(remote pc) TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the Internet

anyway if you are has anyone herd of a teamviewer app for the playbook, I really need to be able to remote into pc's on the go, however I really don't want to buy an ipad considering I do not own one piece of apple hardware in my house.

thanks,
    04-14-11 12:40 PM
    I really want the playbook. But about 50% of my need is to remote destop connect to my desktop pc while I am out of the office. I use a windows laptop now.

Anyone know if there is a way to use the playbook to control a pc over the internet?
    04-19-11 05:49 PM
    Search App World for VNC, I think there was some app for that.

// chall3ng3r //
    04-19-11 06:05 PM
    As there is no Teamviewer app does the teamviewer website work correctly with the playbook? Can someone with the playbook test this out to see if they can control their computer via the website please
    04-25-11 06:54 PM
    VNC needs you to leave authentication set to OPEN (no authentication -- no good) and last I checked, something with the PB keyboard not working in VNC app. :'(
    04-25-11 07:01 PM
    RDP is one of my big needs too. My iPad was great, but email sucked, so I switched.

Of course like everything else on PB - RDP? There's no app for for that. Yet.
    04-25-11 07:28 PM
    As there is no Teamviewer app does the teamviewer website work correctly with the playbook? Can someone with the playbook test this out to see if they can control their computer via the website please
    The TeamViewer website works perfectly to allow me to control all of my connected PCs. Only thing is that the response is much slower than i expected and without having a mouse cursor makes it a bit challenging to navigate my desktop. Think it's about comparable to using the TeamViewer app hats available on the iPad. If you setup all your remote PCs with a partner profile, it makes logging in much easier. Screen real-estate for TeamViewer on a PlayBook is challenging and better done on a larger screen, but not impossible.
    04-25-11 08:07 PM
    thanks for they info Kwong26
    04-25-11 08:09 PM
    The TeamViewer website works perfectly to allow me to control all of my connected PCs. Only thing is that the response is much slower than i expected and without having a mouse cursor makes it a bit challenging to navigate my desktop. Think it's about comparable to using the TeamViewer app hats available on the iPad. If you setup all your remote PCs with a partner profile, it makes logging in much easier. Screen real-estate for TeamViewer on a PlayBook is challenging and better done on a larger screen, but not impossible.
    thanks for that! did anyone here end up trying anything in appworld?
    i love teamviewer, would be great to see an app, but long as it works thru the site that can hold me over for now.
    04-25-11 08:22 PM
    thanks for that! did anyone here end up trying anything in appworld?
    i love teamviewer, would be great to see an app, but long as it works thru the site that can hold me over for now.
    Yeah. Tried looking for an app on App World, but couldn't find anything.
    04-25-11 08:56 PM
    So I've had my Playbook for about 3 hours. and yes, I will be sleeping with it tonight...

I want team viewer too, considering we can run android apps, has anyone tried running the android version of teamviewer on the playbook?

My guess is that it will be slow and painfull - we may be suprised...
    05-23-11 01:19 AM
    So I've had my Playbook for about 3 hours. and yes, I will be sleeping with it tonight...

I want team viewer too, considering we can run android apps, has anyone tried running the android version of teamviewer on the playbook?

My guess is that it will be slow and painfull - we may be suprised...
    You can't run android apps yet.. however, when that ability is implemented they will run just like Android apps do. Not any faster, not any slower.
    05-23-11 02:54 AM
    Thanks...to my embarassment I found out the android platform hast been released yet. oops.
    05-24-11 12:48 AM
    Just looking for a little more PB love from Teamviewer...

Has anyone used Teamviewer in a browser on playbook? With a bluetooth mouse can you right click and all that?

If they don't support PB with an app I'm wondering if I can get by with a paid subscription. then of course there is a droid app, so maybe that will be ported?

Either way it seems a mouse will be necessary to control the tiny screen. I have seen meeses used on Playbook that magically make a windows like cursor appear on PB.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 06-29-11 at 07:46 PM.
    06-29-11 07:23 PM
    I also use teamviewer all the time to help my family and friends with their problems. When I get a playbook it would be great to have it. Has anyone added it to this thread? http://forums.crackberry.com/f243/bl...oposal-614511/
    Rico131968 likes this.
    06-29-11 07:28 PM
    I also use teamviewer all the time to help my family and friends with their problems. When I get a playbook it would be great to have it. Has anyone added it to this thread? http://forums.crackberry.com/f243/bl...oposal-614511/
    I think I saw it in there but please feel free to continue promoting - I'm too lazy.

Also the star app that has tied me to my phone FOREVER - Slicktasks from Mindberry.net - needs love too if anyone else agrees.

Every thought or task I have had since I got it is in there and categorized (at will) by subject and easily searchable by any word - backup up and restored reliably, who needs a brain?

It makes all of Blackberry's native PIM stuff completely obsolete (other than contacts, which can be linked to tasks in Slicktasks) . Haven't touched memopad, calendar, tasks once since I got this. Light years more capable as a scheduled to-do, note taker, and life organizer with easy task priority re- ordering, creation of sub tasks , heirarchical lists with virtualy unlimited sub lists... well just try it on your phone. Well worth every penny.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 06-29-11 at 07:50 PM.
    06-29-11 07:44 PM
    So why not use a mouse, I think Playbook gives you a cursor if you do? Saw that somewhere anyway on a screen shot.
    06-29-11 07:54 PM
    I've contacted TEAM Viewer in the past, asking if they were going to make a PB app and they didn't have anything planned. They told me, the PB should be able to run android app eventually, and you'll be able to use the android app on your playbook. Other than that, Teamviewer website is the only go for now.
    06-29-11 09:43 PM
    I've contacted TEAM Viewer in the past, asking if they were going to make a PB app and they didn't have anything planned. They told me, the PB should be able to run android app eventually, and you'll be able to use the android app on your playbook. Other than that, Teamviewer website is the only go for now.
    Thanks.. still awaiting more feedback about what that experience is like especially with a mouse and cursor.....is it worth the subscription price?
    06-29-11 09:46 PM
    I recently asked Teamviewer on Twitter if they're working on an app for the Playbook. They're reaction: 'Thanks for your inquiry. There are no plans at the moment for #BlackBerry. I forwarded your request to our software development.'
    06-29-11 10:30 PM
    I asked them 2 days ago and got the message below in return.

Thank you very much for your inquiry and your interest in a TeamViewer version for Playbook.

We are currently observing the development of the iPhone App in order to be able to make any further decisions concerning the development of applications for other mobile devices.

We would be happy to add you to our mailing list and inform you as soon as a solution for other mobile devices will be released.

If you wish to be added to our list please send us your full contact details.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.
    06-29-11 10:46 PM
    I recently asked Teamviewer on Twitter if they're working on an app for the Playbook. They're reaction: 'Thanks for your inquiry. There are no plans at the moment for #BlackBerry. I forwarded your request to our software development.'
    I asked them 2 days ago and got the message below in return.

Thank you very much for your inquiry and your interest in a TeamViewer version for Playbook.

We are currently observing the development of the iPhone App in order to be able to make any further decisions concerning the development of applications for other mobile devices.

We would be happy to add you to our mailing list and inform you as soon as a solution for other mobile devices will be released.

If you wish to be added to our list please send us your full contact details.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.
    Thanks for doing that - sounds like their eyes are opening to Playbook with the second response. Strange reply though - they have a Droid app, isn't that good enough to answer their questions?
    06-29-11 11:48 PM
    RDM+ it's a great app
    10-21-11 01:10 PM
    I have made a Video that shows u Remote Desktop running on Blackberry Playbook.

Hope u like it.
    00stryder likes this.
    10-21-11 01:26 PM
    Try LogMeIn.com
    10-21-11 03:00 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD