My calculations come to about $18K per year assuming you work 40 hours a week.

I don't think you count as a Minimum Wage worker if you make that much.
    You need to ask your question in another thread please. If you don't have a BlackBerry Phone, why are you posting so much?
    Please limit your comments to non personal attacks agaist other posters
    Last edited by Hgouck; 12-04-11 at 07:55 AM.
    12-04-11 07:53 AM
    I was in an AT&T store yesterday and asked the sales rep about the tablets. I commented that I saw tablets in the store but no Playbooks. He told me that was because AT&T only sells good tablets. I asked him if he ever used a PB and he told me no. I then pulled my PB out of my purse and opened up the demo video. I then handed it to him and showed him how easily he could move between apps. He said that he was really surprised and that he would need to rethink his opinion. Not really his fault. Obviously, the decision makers in the companies need to be educated. RIM needs to market, but that has been discussed several times on this forum. I thought that I would share this.
    Hgouck likes this.
    12-04-11 09:36 AM
    Please limit your comments to non personal attacks agaist other posters
    I was not attacking anybody. I was asking a question and pointing out something that didn't sound quite right. That is far from attacking someone.

I'm genuinely curious why someone comes onto an enthusiast forum and participates when they don't even have the thing that is being discussed and aren't likely to get one.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    12-05-11 04:30 AM
    Have you ever tried switching between BB devices? It's not as simple as moving the SIM over. RIM actually recommend plugging into a PC and using the device switch wizard, even though thats not necessary AND deletes any non-ota delivered 3rd part apps (apps sideloaded with BBMCP, for example, won't survive a device switch) Hardly user friendly!.

To do it on the device itself (my preferred method) is a multistep process.
    1. Switch SIM,
    2. register on network,
    3. open email setup and login to move/authenticate accounts,
    4. wait for email activation.
    5. Open BBM and hope that email recovery works (50/50 chance of this).
    6. Log into appworld to activate apps on the new device. (THIS is the reason I fired RIM, its hit or miss that apps will register to the new device).
    7. Open and register any apps that have license keys NOT linked to appworld (bebuzz, bepopup etc).

Pain in the ***!

Now, compare that to switching SIMs on ANY other device!!!!!

Then, travel overseas and try to find a prepaid sim with BIS data included, in my experience thats easier said than done. Other devices use generic data plans which work fine.

I like the BB but they have a long way to go the be considered user friendly.

Read up on how many people have problems with the iToys when trying to switch SIM cards back and forth.
    Last edited by xandermac; 12-05-11 at 09:19 AM.
    12-05-11 09:08 AM
    I was not attacking anybody. I was asking a question and pointing out something that didn't sound quite right. That is far from attacking someone.

I'm genuinely curious why someone comes onto an enthusiast forum and participates when they don't even have the thing that is being discussed and aren't likely to get one.
    I agree, I see absolutely no personal attack here; but what I do see, after reading tearsana's 23 posts is a common thread of subtle, and not so subtle BB/PB bashing. It begs the question of why anyone would want to join an enthusiast forum and denigrate the very theme of the forum. Frankly, I am at a loss as to why this pervasive BB/PB bashing is permitted. It's one thing to be objective, but this malicious subjectivity and trollery is too much in my face, and perhaps in the faces of others.
    jhanks64 likes this.
    12-05-11 09:10 AM
    You need to ask your question in another thread please. If you don't have a BlackBerry Phone, why are you posting so much?

Not trying to play Thread Cop here..but it was a pretty ignorant comment you made. "Why are you posting here so much?"..the poster has 23 posts. Hardly something I would deem worth asking a question like that..especially when they were just asking for some clarification as to the advantages of the Bridge function.
    12-05-11 09:23 AM
    +1 That is what I was trying to say
    12-05-11 11:31 AM
    Please see the last post on page 2.
    12-06-11 02:47 AM
    Every time I walk into the verizon store and look at phones, they ask me what I have and I show them my BB Bold and they ask me why. I tell them my reasons and they tell me the droid and iPhone have apps for that. I don't want an app, I want it built in. I even had 1 store associate refuse to help me cause she did not like BB.
    12-06-11 04:03 AM
    Every time I walk into the verizon store and look at phones, they ask me what I have and I show them my BB Bold and they ask me why. I tell them my reasons and they tell me the droid and iPhone have apps for that. I don't want an app, I want it built in. I even had 1 store associate refuse to help me cause she did not like BB.
    I work for BestBuy Mobile and the lack of Blackberry/RIM support is really sad. We carry the Curve 3G for Sprint and the 4G Torch for AT&T, that is all. We don't even have that many accessories for any of their products. I asked who was the product rep for our store and no one knew (I blame this on RIM more then anything though). I need to find our who the rep is, BlackBerries are good devices and breaks my heart that we don't have anything to offer.

My wife got an upgrade on her phone right after the BlackBerry 7 OS phones came out, she got an iPhone because the sales guy told her that BlackBerry didn't have any new phones out. We went there the next day and I showed the salesman their new BlackBerry phones. I was upset because we have had BlackBerry phones for years, knew their devices, and knew their products were superior in quality to most other phones.
    12-06-11 04:23 AM
    ^^that's sad to hear
    12-06-11 04:39 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD