Perfect. We've come full circle. The thread is "talk me out" so let's start a video chat to, well, "talk you out!" (although I think that the cowboy persona was already more than enough OUT there!)
    I feel genuine sorrow for folks visiting the playbook forums for the first time
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-08-13 01:58 PM
    I feel genuine sorrow for folks visiting the playbook forums for the first time
    Why? they don't feel sorry for us and we've been here all our lives......
    FF22 and bambinoitaliano like this.
    06-08-13 02:05 PM
    Why? they don't feel sorry for us and we've been here all our lives......
    And the longer you stay in the cellar, the less sorry you feel!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-08-13 02:15 PM
    And the longer you stay in the cellar, the less sorry you feel!
    (feint voice from below the ground...... If you can hear me contact F2 and ask him to bring the key back....)
    06-08-13 02:35 PM
    (feint voice from below the ground...... If you can hear me contact F2 and ask him to bring the key back....)
    Not a chance. Besides, I hid it and with my memory, you don't stand a chance. What was the question?
    sad_old_man and Angus_CB like this.
    06-08-13 03:16 PM
    Not a chance. Besides, I hid it and with my memory, you don't stand a chance. What was the question?
    Keep the key I've started digging my way out!
    06-08-13 03:26 PM
    There Can Be Only One HIGHLANDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sad_old_man and KittyBomb like this.
    06-08-13 03:31 PM
    There Can Be Only One HIGHLANDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Absolutely brilliant film....
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    06-08-13 03:35 PM
    Oh my heck I want to roll all you guys in duct tape and stack you on the back porch like firewood. Pay no nevermind to these guys, OP.
    Back to the question...there are so many ways to use the PB only you can decide. I love my Z10, but HDMI, Remote and bigger screen still makes the PB better at some things. All depends on how you use it. There have been several threads on this topic. You might take a look.
    06-08-13 04:12 PM
    I have been waiting for BB10 on the Playbook for some time now but I just don't see it happening. Since the loss of Bridge with my Z10, I hardly use it. I have purchased the rapid wall charger, mini keyboard and otterbox so I have put alot into it to turn around and sell it. But I want my tablet to be more functional. The browser it not good (I saw Kyle27's BB10 version which looked ridiculously smooth but that doesn't help me).

Someone give me some hope for keeping this thing!
    Turn off Java, that helps a ton. Turn it on when needed. Huge difference. Or as others have mentioned get Fast Browser. This is actually my only real bugger, but I do the aforementioned and Its fine. The PlayBook is a beast though. I haven't rebooted it for months. As much daily multitasking I do on it; no crashes. I rarely touch the other tablets. I never was a huge gamer, but on this sucker I have about 32 at the moment. Really nice gaming experience. Also great HTPC, especially with apps like StreamingNow and bridge remote function. Hope it works out for you!
    eddy_berry likes this.
    06-08-13 04:37 PM
    Oh my heck I want to roll all you guys in duct tape and stack you on the back porch like firewood. Pay no nevermind to these guys, OP.
    Back to the question...there are so many ways to use the PB only you can decide. I love my Z10, but HDMI, Remote and bigger screen still makes the PB better at some things. All depends on how you use it. There have been several threads on this topic. You might take a look.
    Could I request cling film please? I don't mind lying on your back porch but duck tape brings me out in a terrible rash. I think I have sensitive skin.
    KittyBomb and eddy_berry like this.
    06-08-13 04:40 PM
    I second fast browser all the way, one of the best purchasses I've made on my playbook asode from Blaq.
    In all honesty, I see no difference between fast browser and the native browser with both java and flash off.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-08-13 05:16 PM
    Could I request cling film please? I don't mind lying on your back porch but duck tape brings me out in a terrible rash. I think I have sensitive skin.
    I was just watching Twin Peaks Fire Walk with Me. Cling/seran it is - much more macabre.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-08-13 05:56 PM
    In all honesty, I see no difference between fast browser and the native browser with both java and flash off.
    I like the chrome and firefox user agents I can access ther version of the sites I want when I want to
    sad_old_man and eddy_berry like this.
    06-08-13 07:44 PM
    Get an ipad.

Posted via CB10
    Did you still iPaid? Haven't got my glasses handy.
    06-08-13 07:54 PM
    Did you still iPaid? Haven't got my glasses handy.
    ha that's exactly what it is an ipaid 600-800 for a bigger iphone sans the phone
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-08-13 08:11 PM
    Just got the chance to check this post for the first time in a few days....I really appreciate the advice on my browser issues, I did purchase Fast browser and my white and gray box days are over when scrolling.
    06-08-13 08:47 PM
    I was just watching Twin Peaks Fire Walk with Me. Cling/seran it is - much more macabre.
    I love that movie!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-08-13 10:04 PM
    If you notice in fast browser you can set different user agents: Playbook, Chromee, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari, and BB10!! What does that mean ? Do we now have at least a part of the BB10 browser on the Playbook.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    anon(6038817) and sad_old_man like this.
    06-08-13 10:26 PM
    If you notice in fast browser you can set different user agents: Playbook, Chromee, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari, and BB10!! What does that mean ? Do we now have at least a part of the BB10 browser on the Playbook.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    No, it probably just means that Fast Browser is fudging its identify and telling sites it is bb10. Just as it can say it is Firefox or IE.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-08-13 10:48 PM
    I love that movie!
    I love David Lynch movies....Inland Empire is cool
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-08-13 11:05 PM
    No, it probably just means that Fast Browser is fudging its identify and telling sites it is bb10. Just as it can say it is Firefox or IE.
    As usual I HAVN'T found that bit yet.
    06-09-13 06:50 AM
    Stupid cat.
    There are other options like User Agent selection, this helps with sites that want to see a certain browser, and Ad Blocking.
    I set up Fast Browser to work the way I like then I have the standard browser if I need Java.
    Barracuda7772 and sad_old_man like this.
    06-09-13 06:59 AM
    Stupid cat.
    There are other options like User Agent selection, this helps with sites that want to see a certain browser, and Ad Blocking.
    I set up Fast Browser to work the way I like then I have the standard browser if I need Java.
    quick question Angus, are you a dog or a cow ? cause I'm damn sure angus burgers don't come from dogs
    Last edited by Barracuda7772; 06-09-13 at 07:35 AM.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-09-13 07:04 AM
    Stupid cat.
    I'll just carry on digging eh. I'll be out soon.
    06-09-13 07:16 AM
101 1234 ...