BlackBerry Playbook OS 2 Finally Turns the Playbook Into a Real Tablet

first off blackberry made the pb to work with the bb. so with bb bridge why the need for stock email or calendar.

a "real" tablet? so you telling me the 10in ipod is a real tablet it doesnt even have flash.

.....................#$%^&................... ...........@#$& :l
    MTL, ndon70, BERaddict and 7 others like this.
    01-11-12 01:27 PM
    flash isnt important, it is more viewed as a if its there, it will use it.
    flash isnt relevant as everything is going html5.

The PlayBook was released before it was ready, and this is discussed heavily in other threads, we all made it work because we love BB.

they are right with this article. I am not a hater, and expect to get flamed, but os2 wil bring them up to par.

as with RIM nowadays they are just constantly playing catch up
    patpatiar, OMGitworks and jntrup like this.
    01-11-12 01:30 PM
    ....well, they even hate the CES booth:

This BlackBerry Booth Makes Me Sad
    01-11-12 01:34 PM
    but not everything is html5 yet. so somethings cant be viewed on their web like it is on ours.

im just saying. os 2 comes and its a new excuse as to why we arent a "real" tablet yet.

smh i get knocked for being the only one in my circle with bb. i stand by my bb. and my pb!

i guess cause i have a blackberry, stock calendar and email complaints just seem ********. same with apps. if i was into apps from the beginning i wouldnt have bothered with bb from the geko.
    its just my opinion.
    Last edited by BBM.Duchess; 01-11-12 at 01:50 PM.
    01-11-12 01:37 PM
    I'm not suprirsed at the hate RIM receives. This is just came across twitter: RIM fails to draw much interest at electronics show - The Globe and Mail

Apparently, because there were not alot of people visiting the RIM booth when this person went, that means that RIM is completely doomed. To which I emailed him and said, perhaps people were at the bathroom and maybe you need to go more than 1 minute out of the day to see if people were visiting the booth.
    01-11-12 01:38 PM
    Haters gonna hate, as they say. But I gotta say, there's a lot less of it this week than I expected. I'm seeing a lot of positive reaction to RIM's presence at CES from places that are usually quick to slam he company for anything. Of course there will always be the detractors, but the positives are outweighing the negatives this time around.
    Willard814 and AggreX like this.
    01-11-12 01:39 PM
    - Amazing, the fight goes on.
    - This is round 167,154 of the match.
    - Standing in the red corner in black skirt and red bras is the RIM Defender fighter.
    - Standing in the opposite corner is the RIM Hater fighter.
    - Both fighters are determined to win.
    - The RIM Defender fighter uses an upercut using his flash argument.
    - The Hater uses the apps jab.
    - They are relentless and unyielding.

01-11-12 01:40 PM

The PlayBook was released before it was ready, and this is discussed heavily in other threads, we all made it work because we love BB.

they are right with this article. I am not a hater, and expect to get flamed, but os2 wil bring them up to par.

as with RIM nowadays they are just constantly playing catch up
    Flash is relevant because we use devices in the present not the future.
    After using my ibrothers device for a day I can say I'm glad I have it.
    The browser just works.
    01-11-12 01:41 PM
    but not everything is html5 yet.
    The key word there is "yet". If someone hadn't finally taken a stand on Flash, publishers wouldn't be moving away from that monstrosity to better technologies. Inertia can be a ***** sometimes.

Even Adobe now has finally thrown in the towel on mobile Flash. I don't why RIM would want to go alone in talking up mobile Flash, when Adobe themselves aren't anymore!
    Last edited by app_Developer; 01-11-12 at 01:44 PM.
    01-11-12 01:42 PM
    Saying we don't need Flash because of HTML5 is like saying we don't need gas stations because everything is going electric or fuel cell.
    01-11-12 01:42 PM
    rim has lots of different divices to work on make unique. so ok maybe IF the playbook isnt the best. its something different and new to rim.

apple has made the same devices like 8 times. i would think by now holograms would be coming out of iphones.

the pb is convenient fast and a-freaken-mazing. lol
    01-11-12 01:47 PM
    - Amazing, the fight goes on.
    - This is round 167,154 of the match.
    - Standing in the red corner in black skirt and red bras is the RIM Defender fighter.
    - Standing in the opposite corner is the RIM Hater fighter.
    - Both fighters are determined to win.
    - The RIM Defender fighter uses an upercut using his flash argument.
    - The Hater uses the apps jab.
    - They are relentless and unyielding.

lol silly
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-11-12 01:48 PM
    01-11-12 01:48 PM
    Saying we don't need Flash because of HTML5 is like saying we don't need gas stations because everything is going electric or fuel cell.
    I've had Flash disabled on my laptop for years. I actually like having my browser never crash, getting the full run of my battery and not having the fans come on full speed.

But regardless, when your competitors are making electric cars, it seems silly to make a big deal out of still belching out petrol fumes.
    brucep1 and Fmar like this.
    01-11-12 01:57 PM
    I've had Flash disabled on my laptop for years. I actually like having my browser never crash, getting the full run of my battery and not having the fans come on full speed.

But regardless, when your competitors are making electric cars, it seems silly to make a big deal out of still belching out petrol fumes.
    excuse me sir? why are you in this forum?

so you're developing apps for "the lost cause" ?
    Willard814 and recompile like this.
    01-11-12 02:01 PM

How's that Chevy Volt working out for ya'?
    01-11-12 02:03 PM
    dont bring a troll to an ogre fight.....

(attempt to be kinda funny. fail) but you get the point lol
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-11-12 02:09 PM
    excuse me sir? why are you in this forum?

so you're developing apps for "the lost cause" ?
    Well, I'm not really developing anything until RIM finishes their OS. But patiently waiting.

I don't think they are a lost cause. They are losing certainly, but not lost. Like many developers, I've hated Flash for a very long time. It is and always has been a hideous technology that kills browsers and batteries. It was truly designed by some of the most incompetent developers ever.

I'm just glad it's finally going away and I think if RIM wants to remake their image as a company that is modern and "gets it", they should probably not hitch their wagon to the Flash crash.

They've made a lot of marketing and positioning mistakes. Let's not see them make another one.

How's that Chevy Volt working out for ya'?
    It was an analogy. Someone else's actually.

Oddly enough, I am buying an electric car this year. Two engineers finally talked me into it. But that's neither here nor there.
    Last edited by app_Developer; 01-11-12 at 02:16 PM.
    01-11-12 02:13 PM
    Well, I'm not really developing anything until RIM finishes their OS. But patiently waiting.

I don't think they are a lost cause. Those are losing certainly, but not lost. Like many developers, I've hated Flash for a very long time. It is and always has been a hideous technology that kills browsers and batteries. It was truly designed by some of the most incompetent developers ever.

I'm just glad it's finally going away and I think if RIM wants to remake their image as a company that is modern and "gets it", they should probably not hitch their wagon to the Flash crash.

They've made a lot of marketing and positioning mistakes. Let's not see them make another one.

It was an analogy. Someone else's actually.

Oddly enough, I am buying an electric car this year. Two engineers finally talked me into it. But that's neither here nor there.
    That's too bad...well, make sure you wear a Nomex driving suit.
    01-11-12 02:16 PM
    That's too bad...well, make sure you wear a Nomex driving suit.
    I have a nomex suit. Two actually. Not sure they still fit me, though, I may have to make an adjustment or two.
    01-11-12 02:19 PM

quote from my android loving techie uncle

"4real! Flas is awesome! Thats like saying shoes suck when you dont have any....lol"

I've had Flash disabled on my laptop for years
    is this an apple product as well?
    01-11-12 02:25 PM
    BlackBerry Playbook OS 2 Finally Turns the Playbook Into a Real Tablet

first off blackberry made the pb to work with the bb. so with bb bridge why the need for stock email or calendar.

a "real" tablet? so you telling me the 10in ipod is a real tablet it doesnt even have flash.

.....................#$%^&................... ...........@#$& :l
    Real tablets have to have flash? I'm not so sure..

Adobe kills Flash for mobile
    01-11-12 02:25 PM
    ....well, they even hate the CES booth:

This BlackBerry Booth Makes Me Sad
    THAT IS NOT CES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T REFER TO GIZMODO FOR BLACKBERRY BUSINESS!!!!!!! THEY MUST CARRY TOILET PAPER EVERYWHERE CUZ THEY'RE FULL OF ^%#$
    Willard814 and recompile like this.
    01-11-12 02:28 PM
    That depends on the user. There are many, including myself, that use flash based browser pages to access certain services.
    You haven't been around the internet very long if you think this will happen during this generation of tablets quickly enough to have any significant impact. moot point.

no flames, just letting you know you're wrong
    01-11-12 02:32 PM
    quote from my android loving techie uncle

"4real! Flas is awesome! Thats like saying shoes suck when you dont have any....lol"
    Not sure what "techie" means. Has your uncle ever waded through the Flash API or tried to debug an issue where their plugin kept bringing down the browser he was writing?

is this an apple product as well?
    Yes, it is.
    01-11-12 02:33 PM
154 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD