I guess she can get away with taking pics with a big tablet plus shes showing good hand technique

Attachment 105261
    03-11-12 10:59 PM

Sure looks like someones going to get clubbed on the head
    03-11-12 11:03 PM
    Sure looks like someones going to get clubbed on the head
    That's why Spike brought his riot shield...
    03-11-12 11:06 PM
    During the Lion Dance at a Chinese New Year dinner, I gave a friend my PlayBook to record the lion dance at our table for me (so my family and i would be in the video). It looks fantastic when replayed in HD. It's funny because I saw a kid, maybe 11-12 years old, holding an iPad2 recording the lion dance at another table, and standing behind him, I could see how poor the quality was. And how awkward the huge device was in his little hands.

Yes, using a tablet in public to take pictures look lame... but the PlayBook is the only device I own that takes 1080p videos!
    03-11-12 11:54 PM
    The PB cam came through for me last week as I was able to capture a unannounced parade going thru downtown...
    You witnessed a procession on its way to California to check the grave of Steve Jobs in hopes he has risen from the dead.
    03-12-12 12:10 AM
    Hmm.....the parade was a Chinese New Year Celebration and they were chasing the evil spirits away. The PB captured the colorful demons and spirits in 1080 video flawlessly and switched to camera mode with touch of the screen. It was easy to hold steady and everyone that reviewed my video was impressed with the quality.
    03-12-12 01:03 AM
    taking pictures at events/in public with tablet is becoming a very common sight.

i think its partly because a lot of people with tablet still use smart phones with awful cameras and they will just prefer the higher quality picture of their tablet
    03-12-12 01:39 AM
    taking your 7 inchers out in someone's birthday or wedding and blocking "real" photographers with SLRs is totally bad manners
    03-12-12 03:24 AM
    Hmm.....the parade was a Chinese New Year Celebration and they were chasing the evil spirits away. The PB captured the colorful demons and spirits in 1080 video flawlessly and switched to camera mode with touch of the screen. It was easy to hold steady and everyone that reviewed my video was impressed with the quality.
    Whoosh! Sarcasm is oft missed. I knew the parade was for something other than the "Steve Jobs Resurrection."
    03-12-12 03:32 AM
    I've used mine before when I have taken it out with me & people always ask about it & then it sparks great conversation. Some people think it's a NEW kind of camera. LOL.

I don't usually take my PB out and about unless it's on the weekend because I live 3 minutes from work & I don't take it with me. I don't care what people think about it. I have a really decent camera on my Android phone, but whatever I have at that moment is what I'm going to use!

03-12-12 08:59 AM
    I've used mine before when I have taken it out with me & people always ask about it & then it sparks great conversation. Some people think it's a NEW kind of camera. LOL.

I don't usually take my PB out and about unless it's on the weekend because I live 3 minutes from work & I don't take it with me. I don't care what people think about it. I have a really decent camera on my Android phone, but whatever I have at that moment is what I'm going to use!

Exactly!
    It's a "NEW kind of camera"!
    03-12-12 09:10 AM
    I wouldnt care what people thought of me if I took pics in public with a Playbook.

They would probably just think its a Hemorrhoid Samsung Galaxy note phone or whatever its called - that im lumping around with me !
    Last edited by Ben1232; 03-12-12 at 09:23 AM.
    03-12-12 09:20 AM
    When did we become a world of what everyone else thinks? Who cares, do what makes YOU happy, and use what makes YOU happy. After all it is YOU that is purchasing and using these products.

As for the OP, I use what I happen to be out when I need to snap a pic. Be it my 9810 or my PB. If I know I'm going somewhere where I know I'll take pics, I'll take my dedicated camera.
    BlackBerry Guy likes this.
    03-12-12 09:21 AM
    Maybe it's just me, but I think it looks lame and status "symbol-ish." Why not use your camera phone(if you have one); which is probably better quality, or if you have a tablet...you should have a camera no?

Maybe I'm generalizing a little, so I apologize if I have offended anyone, however, with a Playbook it doesn't look so bad! lol...still kinda lame, but your reputation doesn't get as damaged! hash RIM should totally do an AD based on this! You listening RIM!!!?

playbook: Thoughts From My Camera: Concert Recording with Playbook Tablet (2nd pic)

iPads: tablet-camera shake
    I consider it lame and looks silly, but they have good reason. It's like having a very large viewfinder, which makes it easier to take pictures in some ways.
    03-12-12 09:29 AM
    i wouldnt care what people thought of me if i took pics in public with a playbook.

They would probably just think its a hemorrhoid samsung galaxy note phone or whatever its called - that im lumping around with me !
    l o l.....
    03-12-12 10:00 AM
    taking your 7 inchers out in someone's birthday or wedding and blocking "real" photographers with SLRs is totally bad manners
    Blocking or getting between the paid photographer is bad manners, using your choice of camera is not. If I am knowingly in the way of another guest, then I will try to move or be polite, but his camera choice does not make is right to capture the moment any more significant then anyone else. I hate the "I have an SLR so get out of my way attitude".
    world saviour and VeniceBB like this.
    03-12-12 11:27 AM

I took this with the PB. I'm impressed.
    keturahishere likes this.
    03-12-12 11:29 AM
    yes, pretty lame. get a camera
    03-12-12 11:30 AM
    What are you talking about...nothing beats taking pictures with a cutting board held up high and proud!
    03-12-12 12:33 PM
    I consider it lame and looks silly, but they have good reason. It's like having a very large viewfinder, which makes it easier to take pictures in some ways.
    I will say only one thing to you all who are saying its lame to take photo with PB, If its really lame then temme why did BB put that BACK CAMERA in PB?
    PB is only 7 inch, whats about that other 10 inch android tablets or ipad (or ipad3 with 5mp camera)????
    If manufacturer had installed those cameras in these devices to capture video or take pictures, then why r u poeple r ashamed to use them?????????

Its new trend, so just b trendy
    DudeJaat likes this.
    03-12-12 02:11 PM
    I don't think it's necessarily lame to use a PB or other tablet to take photos, but it will never be my first choice. It's simply much easier for me to grab a quick shot with my 9900. As a lot of others have said, if I'm going somewhere where I know that I'm going to want good pics, I take my camera.
    03-12-12 10:10 PM
    Who cares what others think, use your BlackBerry PlayBook for taking pics...it's an awesome tablet and actually takes great quality pics!
    03-12-12 10:38 PM
    There are times when the PB is the better option. Example: my daughter is in 2 of the 17 dance recitals. "No, honey, i was just getting the camera ready, not surfing CB, checking the news and playing AirAttack...". Swipe, swipe... See?
    EricB1968 likes this.
    03-12-12 10:46 PM
    I was out at breakfast with friends and family the other day and set my playbook on the table to take pictures. Used the remote control from my 9900 and got everyone in them. Was a very convenient setup
    03-13-12 01:45 PM
    I was out at breakfast with friends and family the other day and set my playbook on the table to take pictures. Used the remote control from my 9900 and got everyone in them. Was a very convenient setup
    That's a great idea for taking group shots and including yourself. Of course, with the speed of the PB camera, you can practically hit the button and then run and get in the pic...
    03-13-12 03:23 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD