Hi all,
    I've been holding off on buying a PB as I usually don't get V1 of anything. Is there a reason to wait until the second version comes out?
    Thanks for any advice.
    Gary
    05-04-11 10:43 PM
    Do you own a BB phone? Do you mind paying for tethering?

If you answer yes and no then go for it.

Tim
    05-04-11 10:50 PM
    The canadian telcos don't seem to charge for tethering if you have a decent (1 GB+) data plan on your phone.
    05-05-11 02:13 PM
    Yes I have a good plan and the $ is not an issue. I'd like to read and edit Word docs, Excel spreadsheets, e-mail, surf the web and watch movie now and then. Is this all doable on the PB?

G.
    05-05-11 02:20 PM
    Depends on what you consider v2. 10"? 3G/4G device? A possible new device in 2012 if there is one? Depends what you want it for, if the current model can full fill your needs. You can answer that better than we can.

Edit: Ninja post. Answered as I hit send.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-11 02:21 PM
    Yes I have a good plan and the $ is not an issue. I'd like to read and edit Word docs, Excel spreadsheets, e-mail, surf the web and watch movie now and then. Is this all doable on the PB?

G.

yes to all of the above, the email part depends on a blackberry for now though
    05-05-11 02:28 PM
    Got it! You have answered my questions. I'm too ADD to do the reseach I guess! Just wanted to hear your opinions as they are always dead on!
    Thanks again.
    G.
    05-05-11 02:38 PM
    I think life is too short to wait for the v2 of anything.
    05-05-11 02:56 PM
    Do you own a BB phone? Do you mind paying for tethering?

If you answer yes and no then go for it.

Tim

how does that make any sense? Do you mind paying for tethering? sorry but the playbook is wifi as well. I do understand the BB phone, won't have native email for a month or so atleast but if you have a BB then you can bridge and no there is no fee for using bridge. So to clarify yes if you want to tether your phone you will have to pay as does everyone else, if you are just bridging a BB no you don't have to pay.

If you want my opinion I've had the playbook since day 1 great device and I can't see anything I dislike about it, all my friends with the ipad are very impressed by the playbook, we are not fanboys I have nothing against the ipad my wife loves it and I think its a great device, though my wife uses the playbook to browse the web quite a bit for the full flash support. Both great devices go try them out see what fits for you better if you are set on BB then I'd say take the plunge its a wonderful device you won't regret it.
    05-05-11 03:41 PM
    I'm on it!
    05-05-11 03:59 PM
    nice congrats enjoy the playbook great device
    05-05-11 05:46 PM
    i just got mine yesterday. to be honest, releasing this thing without native email is stupid. you will see that once you got the unit and play with it yourself.
    as for the bridge, as the saviour .. well it works though in limited capability. slow it is.
    05-05-11 06:25 PM
    BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT

It stomps every other tablet out there... and with the recent OS updates, even the trolls have thinned out, getting totally owned.
    itsall4tay likes this.
    05-05-11 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD