Tablets are like cars ..... they get you from point A to point B some do it better than others with more style, comfort, speed and class. Some get recalls and some turn out to be lemons.

If you were to relate your playbook to a car, what car would you have in your hands.

A Hugo Caddy Lambo or maybe something else.

I would consider mine to be a BMW 335XI.

Stylish, fast and able to do any type of driving (has all wheel drive and can go 150 MPH)

07-10-12 01:15 PM
    Merkur XR4Ti Great design, but poorly marketed.
    TheScionicMan, f1mx, hpjrt and 1 others like this.
    07-10-12 01:24 PM
    A Maybach, German quality, fast, classy and rare.

- not driven by vacuous users or as ostentatious as the ten a penny ubiquitous Phantoms

xicoxicao likes this.
    07-10-12 01:31 PM
    Merkur XR4Ti Great design, but poorly marketed.
    A friend had one of those cars affectionately called "The Merk". Fun to drive. I almost died when we flipped and I was ejected through the sunroof.

The PB, or BlackBerry in general, reminds me of any of the late model VAG products. Both have quirks that could drive a sane person batty but owning anything else just doesn't feel right.
    07-10-12 02:07 PM
    1994 Ford Taurus. Not flashy, AC is broken, basic options only. It's clunky and cumbersome, sometimes needs a couple re-starts,but damn it, it gets me where I need to go (eventually).
    07-10-12 02:10 PM
    My playbook would actually match my Cadillac if it had some chrome trim
    07-10-12 02:11 PM
    A MINI.
    Small, a bit quirky, nippy, gets into the tightest of spaces, its the punch it kicks out from such a small size that amazes my mates.
    Scotter75 likes this.
    07-10-12 02:35 PM
    A chevy.
    Small and reliable. But doesn't steal any attention from the rich people unless it's modded
    07-10-12 05:55 PM
    The PlayBook is shaped just like my xB. Same acceptance factor too.

You either like 'em or hate 'em but most people don't even know WTF that thing is...
    07-10-12 07:18 PM
    I would say the PlayBook is something like a Toyota Tundra. It is meant to be a work horse, but it will get done in style. Plus it'll come with lots of features and you can get a fully loaded luxury model. Plus the Tundra is undoubtedly the most reliable full size. I have had my PlayBook for over a year and I use it heavily and it has NEVER froze, NEVER crashed, NEVER restarted, and I haven't had any problems. The PlayBook also has the best multitasking of any tablet...you can't deny that.
    Last edited by ajst222; 07-10-12 at 07:53 PM. Reason: adding to original
    07-10-12 07:50 PM
    Aston Martin. V12 Vanquish or V12 Vantage to be less general.
    07-10-12 08:38 PM
    I dare enter this fray...
    I couldn't really find a car that fits all the characteristics I have of the PlayBook. However, here they are:
    1. Has 4 doors and the manufacturer removes the back seats before shipping.
    2. Smart looks on the outside, not flashy.
    3. Great steering, suspension, and instrumentation - the things I have are in the right place.
    4. The engine was best in class 1 or 2 years ago, but I can't brag anymore as the other cool cars have caught up. My driving still makes me get from A to B faster, though.
    5. I want to use K&N air & oil filters for better performance for me, but the hood has a combination lock and I don't have the keys.
    6. It uses only un-Sulphured gas that is only available in 5 of the 10 cities I visit regularly. And,
    7. It has a special port for Diesel but I have to turn the car upside-down as the opening to the tank is under the car.
    8. Made by a "manufacturer" that shoots itself in the foot. Consistently.

Which car fits? (rhetorical)
    Last edited by jackpots; 07-11-12 at 07:13 AM.
    07-11-12 07:10 AM