I'll be embarrassed standing there waiting 5 minutes for the playbook to turn on.
    Why turn it off if you are traveling with it? I leave mine in standby if it is with me or on my desk at work on my nightstand at night and it wakes in about one second with a simple swipe.

TSA will sometimes make you turn on small electronic devices including cell phones to insure they are real or some such excuse.
    06-30-13 02:33 PM
    Why turn it off if you are traveling with it? I leave mine in standby if it is with me or on my desk at work on my nightstand at night and it wakes in about one second with a simple swipe.

TSA will sometimes make you turn on small electronic devices including cell phones to insure they are real or some such excuse.
    When I'm flying it's usually long distance. I'm trying to preserve the battery. There are times I have no idea what's running on the background that will drain the battery. I believe the outlet provided on the seats are not exactly high capacity current.
    06-30-13 02:40 PM
    When I'm flying it's usually long distance. I'm trying to preserve the battery. There are times I have no idea what's running on the background that will drain the battery. I believe the outlet provided on the seats are not exactly high capacity current.
    I still don't turn mine off (usually just "Airplane Mode") until the last minute, but I don't think "Airplane Mode" uses much juice with the battery in "Standby" which is how I leave my PlayBook at night and when I am leaving it for any period of time more than just a few minutes.
    06-30-13 05:48 PM
    so what about tablet with keyboard
    is it considered a Laptop than ?
    06-30-13 08:52 PM
    I assume this is a joke, since they don't ask you to take out tablets.
    No, in Europe they ask to take off tablets from the carry on (but they say ipad, so I don't remove it, never questioned)

Posted via Z10
    hreiner1 likes this.
    06-30-13 09:06 PM
    so what about tablet with keyboard
    is it considered a Laptop than ?
    The funny thing is i got my OEM blue tooth keyboard together with my playbook . No question at all.
    06-30-13 09:09 PM
    Why did they make you turn it on to make sure it actually works?
    I don't know honestly. It was a small town airport so they probably had nothing better to do. I think they were just being particular. It was just a puddle jumper that I was going on too with not many people on it. Judging by the rest of the comments I think I was just *special*.
    06-30-13 09:12 PM
    Heathrow & Copenhagen almost weekly: yes, all mobiles, iPads, laptops shall be put in a bin. This has nothing to do with equipment itself, the reason is that metal/motherboard is making hard to screen the content of the luggage.
    07-01-13 05:08 AM
    Heathrow & Copenhagen almost weekly: yes, all mobiles, iPads, laptops shall be put in a bin. This has nothing to do with equipment itself, the reason is that metal/motherboard is making hard to screen the content of the luggage.
    Perhaps some airport securities were not update to include tablets check or informed that there's no difference between laptops and tablets when it comes to security threat.
    07-01-13 06:56 AM
    It is all pretty arbitrary. I've now flown with the same "too large" bottle of pepto-bismo about 3 times both ways. It is still has its factory installed seal. The last time, they actually took it to some machine scanned it and handed it back to me. On that same trip the other way, they examined my point/shot camera, taking it out of the backpack????
    hreiner1 likes this.
    07-01-13 09:36 AM
    This time at Beijing airport they told me to remove the ipad from the bag.
    I did not remove the playbook and after the xray they take me away and check carefully...

Posted via CB10
    hreiner1 likes this.
    07-04-13 11:03 AM
    I find it depends on the Security person. I have been told it's ok to leave as no moving parts, but others have requested to scan/inspect. I believe the rule is not necessary, but not worth the argument if asked.
    07-04-13 12:33 PM
37 12