Tablet underdogs generate more Web traffic than all Kindle Fire models: report

Summary: While sales of both the BlackBerry PlayBook and the Motorola Xoom may have been dismal, these tablets generate more web traffic in the U.S. and Canada than all of Amazon's Kindle Fire models combined.

While sales of both the BlackBerry PlayBook and the Motorola Xoom may have been dismal, research indicates that the tablets generate more Web traffic each in the U.S. than Amazon's Kindle Fire.

Chitika Insights, the research arm of online ad network Chitika, examined a sample of tens of millions of tablet impressions from its ad network between October 9 and October 15 out of the U.S. and Canada. The data showed that people seem to browse the Web more with their PlayBook and Xoom tablets than they do with their Kindle Fire tablets, including the newer Kindle Fire HD tablets.
    Tablet underdogs generate more Web traffic than all Kindle Fire models: report-26-10-2012-10-23-32.jpg

MORE:

Tablet underdogs generate more Web traffic than all Kindle Fire models: report | ZDNet
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-27-12 08:17 PM
    I guess the main reasons for PB is because there aren't many apps available, so people keep visiting the web.
    And for Xoom, with the screen that large (and like PB also support Adobe Flash prior JB), it's also great for desktop version web.
    Even I keep playing some games that use Adobe Flash on my PB.
    10-28-12 03:18 AM
    I guess the main reasons for PB is because there aren't many apps available, so people keep visiting the web.
    And for Xoom, with the screen that large (and like PB also support Adobe Flash prior JB), it's also great for desktop version web.
    Even I keep playing some games that use Adobe Flash on my PB.
    Its not really because an app isn't available. Its because you don't need an app.
    taz323, DC506, PatrickMJS and 3 others like this.
    10-28-12 04:08 AM
    I am surprised that the Nook is so high on the list.
    Well, high isn't a good description. It's still only 1 hit to every 100 from iPads.
    All of them combined is only 8.26 hits to every 100 iPad hits.
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    10-28-12 07:07 AM
    At first i hoped it was a ratio.

Might be interesting to see the number per devise.
    10-28-12 09:52 AM
    Its not really because an app isn't available. Its because you don't need an app.
    Don't think of me as some troll, but lots of PB users actually need that apps in the first place. (Skype, Official Twitter, Official Yahoo Messenger, etc)
    But as myself, I find the web browser on PB is great and give the same experience like using desktop browser.
    10-28-12 11:37 AM
    Make sense my wife has a kindle fire and she loves to watch msnbc but the kindle never completes the stream so she uses my playbook when we are away from home.
    10-31-12 08:26 AM