Hello everyone,

I just have a quick question so some feedback would be great. I currently own a macbook pro which i absolutely love and a blackberry bold. Should i go with a tablet thats best suited with my phone or my computer? i really do like both products but since sprint doesn't have an iphone and i really cant stand pc what should i do? so basically its between an ipad2 or the PB.

Thanks for your help!
    03-07-11 10:31 PM
    Hello everyone,

I just have a quick question so some feedback would be great. I currently own a macbook pro which i absolutely love and a blackberry bold. Should i go with a tablet thats best suited with my phone or my computer? i really do like both products but since sprint doesn't have an iphone and i really cant stand pc what should i do? so basically its between an ipad2 or the PB.

Thanks for your help!
    Whether you have a PC or Mac, the iPad1&2 will be ball-and-chained to iTunes. So buying a iPad because it's the same brand that makes your laptop doesn't really matter. So if you're going with the approach you have a Bold, i'd choose the PlayBook because of the Bridging "privileges" if you own a BlackBerry.
    03-07-11 10:40 PM
    Hello everyone,

Thanks for your help!
    What response do you think you'll get from a site dedicated to BlackBerry's and everything RIM?

Be honest....
    03-07-11 11:17 PM
    What response do you think you'll get from a site dedicated to BlackBerry's and everything RIM?

Be honest....
    The only details he gave was he had a MacBook and a Bold. So i'd pick the PB over the iPad with PB's bridging capabilities. However, if he had mentioned he would like a bigger screen i'd have recommended the iPad.
    03-07-11 11:22 PM
    The only details he gave was he had a MacBook and a Bold. So i'd pick the PB over the iPad with PB's bridging capabilities. However, if he had mentioned he would like a bigger screen i'd have recommended the iPad.
    Sorry if my post came across as directed at you. It wasn't.

It was just meant to point out the "dedicatedness" of this site and those of us on it.....
    03-07-11 11:30 PM
    Sorry if my post came across as directed at you. It wasn't.

It was just meant to point out the "dedicatedness" of this site and those of us on it.....
    Very true, however the question being asked actually can be answered without showing that you prefer one device over the other. If he had just asked "which one is better?" without any further details beyond which one people liked better, he'd be in a heap of trouble with the ipad this, playbook that answers.

Also, i like the "George Bush-ism" of "dedicatedness"
    03-07-11 11:36 PM
    Im not asking which one is better. I'm asking if you were put in my situation, would you choose your tablet based upon functionality with your computer or phone. I think both tablets are great products.
    03-08-11 09:50 AM

Be honest....
    Probably, "Get an ipad" since there are more BlackBerry haters on this site than there are BlackBerry fans. lol
    03-08-11 09:56 AM
    I wasn't trying to start an argument. I mean if you have andriod phone, wouldn't you want tablet suited for that? I love my blackberry and i'll prob get one of the new ones when they come out. Right now i'm committed to buying the PB i just wanted some justification on whether you pick one based upon phone or computer.
    03-08-11 10:25 AM
    I wasn't trying to start an argument. I mean if you have andriod phone, wouldn't you want tablet suited for that? I love my blackberry and i'll prob get one of the new ones when they come out. Right now i'm committed to buying the PB i just wanted some justification on whether you pick one based upon phone or computer.
    Based on the iPad 1 or 2 and the PlayBook, picking one device because of the computer you have doesn't matter. Picking the iPad because you have a Mac doesn't matter, there's no "special benefit" of having an Apple computer and tablet. The iPad requires iTunes, that's all and you can get that on PC or Mac. However, you bring up you want to pick one maybe based on your phone. That would make more sense to buy the PlayBook because the PlayBook can bridge with your Bold for access to the Calendar, eMail, Tasks, BBM, and maybe some more. You can also use Bluetooth to get the 3G internet (no word if that's free or not). So i'd choose the PlayBook in your situation.
    03-08-11 10:50 AM
    Based on the iPad 1 or 2 and the PlayBook, picking one device because of the computer you have doesn't matter. Picking the iPad because you have a Mac doesn't matter, there's no "special benefit" of having an Apple computer and tablet. The iPad requires iTunes, that's all and you can get that on PC or Mac. However, you bring up you want to pick one maybe based on your phone. That would make more sense to buy the PlayBook because the PlayBook can bridge with your Bold for access to the Calendar, eMail, Tasks, BBM, and maybe some more. You can also use Bluetooth to get the 3G internet (no word if that's free or not). So i'd choose the PlayBook in your situation.
    I agree, unless for some reason you need your pad to work flawlessly with your laptop.
    03-08-11 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD