So just recently I was on the Play book support site, and i entered my serial number for the 90 days service. It told me that my device didn't qualify, when it should.

I bought my Playbook on November 26, and it was first activated around mid-December, 2011. It has not been 90 days yet, so why does my device not qualify?

I ordered it from shop blackberry, and it should have also been new. What's the problem?

I've attached an image, please take a look.
    02-05-12 05:49 PM
    I had the same problem but I had loaded beta OS2 in anticipation of writing a field service ap for a business venture I was thinking of starting. You only get 90 day comp support with officially released OS. If you have installed OS2 downgrade if you need the comp support.
    02-05-12 06:54 PM
    Call Support and let them know something is wrong.

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected]
    (UK Support) 0800 096 2805
    02-05-12 06:56 PM
    Picked up a 16gb from Office Depot last night. Got home, registered and got a message that I had 54 days left of my 90 day support. I emailed Blackberry support immediately. I received an email about an hour ago stating they adjusted to the full 90 days and apologized. At the very least, I got it adjusted and an immediate response in less than 24 hours, which is far and away better than the SBB folks.

I'm still waiting on a reply from SBB dating back to early last week after I purchased the 32gb for $249 with a SBB rep and then got a confirmation email where they charged me $299. I cancelled that order, 2 days later I got an email from a supervisor saying the $249 promotion was over and the current price for the 32gb is $299. Emailed them again stating their website is advertising at $249 and to please explain....5 days have passed and still no reply.

Call/email Blackberry direct. They will take care of it.
    02-05-12 07:13 PM
    When I have a PlayBook problem, I call (877) 644-8410 (from US) for PlayBook technical support; I don't go through the website. I bought my 32 GB on day 1 and they are still supporting me. I just gave my 32 GB to my husband because I took advantage of the 64 GB sale. There was an issue or two I was living with and I wanted to get the 32 GB perfect for my hubby, so in the past month I've had several calls to tech support. They tracked the cases, called me back when they said they would, and were genuinely interested in finding the source of the problems because they want them gone in 2.0. I handed my hubby a problem-free PlayBook and am extremely impressed with RIM tech support.
    Iatogenicx likes this.
    02-05-12 07:59 PM
    I had the same issue when I was on the phone with Playbook support. They fixed the problem for me while in the phone. Call and get it taken care of.
    02-05-12 08:06 PM
    my experience with RIM was less than stellar, their tech support is useless just browse the forums here and ask a question if you don't know the answer to something. you'll learn far more than what someone sitting a desk looking through a manual with Q's and A's can tell you. and besides 3 months isn't a very long time, especially if you don't have any problems from the start.
    02-05-12 08:21 PM
    When I have a PlayBook problem, I call (877) 644-8410 (from US) for PlayBook technical support
    +1 Thanks so much for the tip!

When I finally decided to deal with a couple of issues (nothing major, just annoyances) I went to the BB website, entered my serial #, and found out that my 3 comp month have meanwhile expired.

I felt really frustrated. Then I came across this post and figured I'd try calling the number-- what the heck, right?

The lady I spoke to was super nice. She asked when the PB was purchased and I said a few months ago. She then said I actually haven't been registered yet and that she'll register me as of this day for 3 months of support

She then went on with troubleshooting, and it was one of the most professional and courteous CS experience I've had to date. Not sure if it's just the particular rep I happened to speak to or RIM's policy--but if the latter, my hat's off.
    03-02-12 05:49 PM
    That was my experience, also. Very courteous and professional.
    03-02-12 05:54 PM
    Registered mine by phone as I was curious Bout the factory Warranty. It was supposedly used with nothing beyond the Amazon 30 day return policy but the report gave me the 90 day support plus confirmed I had full factory Warranty. I think what's happening here is slot of units went out and were returned because of pricing drop issues without ever being registered, so supposedly used units are in fact recognized as new . Won't look a gift horse in the mouth
    03-02-12 07:04 PM
    I posted a thread in regards to this issue!http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-704420/
    03-02-12 07:53 PM
    So just recently I was on the Play book support site, and i entered my serial number for the 90 days service. It told me that my device didn't qualify, when it should.

I bought my Playbook on November 26, and it was first activated around mid-December, 2011. It has not been 90 days yet, so why does my device not qualify?

I ordered it from shop blackberry, and it should have also been new. What's the problem?

I've attached an image, please take a look.
    Just call support and let them do it. They did for me
    03-02-12 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD