Okay, the PB2 is developed and about to be released, lets talk about it compared not only to the other playbook but other tablets in terms of specs (once released) pricing (once released) and....hmm wait we don't know much do we, has anyone even seen a commercial?
    08-02-12 02:34 PM
    It's a tired argument for some diehards on this forum, but a PB2 is going to have the exact same app issues PB1 has for the time being. And that is a major issue for a lot of people. New specs aren't going to do much to help with that unfortunately.

That aside, will the people who ARE currently happy enough with their Playbook see enough benefit in updating?

Comparison wise, there isn't a lot of other 7" tablets to compare to. The Nexus 7 beats the PB in some area, the PB beats it in others. Again, PB2 won't change that much.
    Last edited by torndownunit; 08-02-12 at 03:57 PM.
    KOOLWATER likes this.
    08-02-12 03:54 PM
    True, specs shouldn't make you enjoy something more or less so long as it does what you want, and the PB is already powerful
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    08-02-12 04:44 PM
    I will get one I always buy the latest and greatest and most powerful RIM products. It's like a disease I have.....RIMITOLOGY.
    08-02-12 05:13 PM
    The challenge with the PB2 will be actually keeping everything the same or better while being at a competitive price.

The Nexus 7 had to ditch the rear facing camera to hit the $200 price point, there's no way RIM can make a PB2 with front and rear cameras with the same or better quality and keep close to the same price. If they do $300 for a 32GB model that might work, but I wouldn't expect it to cost less than $400 and actually be an upgrade over the PlayBook ( the LTE one is $550....).

I would think it's not a good idea for them to release it until the BB10 phones have been out for 6 months and some of the key apps that are currently missing are available for the platform (Netflix).
    08-03-12 12:27 AM
    No wonder you call yourself madman...lol (PS. it's a joke)

I will get one I always buy the latest and greatest and most powerful RIM products. It's like a disease I have.....RIMITOLOGY.
    08-03-12 01:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD