12-12-12 12:59 PM
34 12
tools
    I use my IPAD 2 as a entertainment device. Gaming,Movies and more gaming of course.
    Playbook its more school & work related usage. Emailing, Presentation, Scheduling information stuff.
    I don't know about the iPad, but I find productivity MUCH more robust on Android. People are floored whenever I show them my workflow and there's no way to replicate it or come up with anything comparable on the PlayBook; especially since I can't get an equivalent app for most of the things I do with my Android tablet. When it comes to entertainment, I've been buying/renting a ton of movies and music and it's nice that I can start streaming it immediately after the purchase goes through and download it in the background if I want to. Then there's all the pleasant little features that make Jelly Bean a joy to use. Don't get me wrong, I adore my PlayBook; every time I look at it, I have a strong desire to pick it up and do something with it, but then I realize that anything I'd want to do is better done on another device and put it back down. I've high hopes for BB10.
    12-11-12 06:22 PM
    comparing ipad to playbook is meaningless considering th HUGE price difference. compare pb to a nexus 7 and you are talking...
    12-11-12 07:49 PM
    Is 70-80 Million users really "few people"?
    in a way he's got a point,,, is that 70-80 mill world wide or u.s.??? no one else i know has a bb which is why i could care less about all the bbm/bbmvoice fanfare & apps being tied to it,,, having to tell my apps i don't want to connect to bbm all the time is a pain...
    12-11-12 08:55 PM
    In what ways did the iPad seem more functional?

One of the reasons I bought a PlayBook was because I liked it's email (etc.) features, as it seemed to be about as "practical" as a tablet could be. I've never really used an iPad much, but if they're even better at doing tasks like email, calender, etc. then I really need to take a longer look at one...
    The ipad's email worked much faster, esp. deleting emails, thought the PB is better than it was a year ago. Navigation apps are not at all comparable as ipad has a functional GPS (I don't think waiting 15 minutes to get started fits that description. And even then, my PB places me 1-2 blocks from my actual location). Ipad's wifi seems better, based on the smooth operation of things like Crackle, though some of the PB's TV programs work smoothly. And let's not even begin to get into document and file handling, which is still beyond primitive in the PB, or the app selection. And it's not just the majors like Skype. It's all those second-tier android and itunes apps that add functionality, either because they exist, such as Urbanspoon or Yelp, or they simply work better, like TripAdvisor (totally useless on my PB in Thailand recently though worked well on my android phone).

Our PBs are good for their price. They don't compare with higher-priced competitors like the ipad 2, IMHO, despite the claims I have read on forums here.
    12-11-12 09:00 PM
    I don't know about the iPad, but I find productivity MUCH more robust on Android. People are floored whenever I show them my workflow and there's no way to replicate it or come up with anything comparable on the PlayBook; especially since I can't get an equivalent app for most of the things I do with my Android tablet. When it comes to entertainment, I've been buying/renting a ton of movies and music and it's nice that I can start streaming it immediately after the purchase goes through and download it in the background if I want to. Then there's all the pleasant little features that make Jelly Bean a joy to use. Don't get me wrong, I adore my PlayBook; every time I look at it, I have a strong desire to pick it up and do something with it, but then I realize that anything I'd want to do is better done on another device and put it back down. (emphasis added) I've high hopes for BB10.
    I think you hit it right there. A nice tool limited by unfinished OS and still dearth of apps when compared to the competition. You could have added "... and so I pick up my (android/itunes device)." I'm hoping BB10 will change that, but I realize its a distant hope.
    12-11-12 10:39 PM
    comparing ipad to playbook is meaningless considering th HUGE price difference. compare pb to a nexus 7 and you are talking...
    When the Playbook came out it was competing with the ipad and had a $500+ price point. Its lack of success is why it's now being sold for under $200. I don't think it's worth the original price but the current one is a great deal.
    12-12-12 12:18 AM
    Okay don't mean to start anything but you obviously don't have a playbook or are just misinformed. I've had my playbook, we'll you can say since it came out and this is far from the truth. Yes I'll give you that, no native folder support at the moment but like apple says there's an app for that. Now as far as email, and email integration goes, it is fully synced to the web don't believe me just check it out for your self delete an email on the web or vise versa and it will remove on each other
    12-12-12 12:14 PM
    I don't care about games, watching TV on my tablet (i have a TV), or drawing with crayons dumb pictures to share with friends that I never see in person. I am looking for an effective and efficient device that allows me to get things done. This is why I love the Playbook. It can multi-task like no other tablet and in using it for work or personal this is very important to me. I can connect to work with remote desktop and was able to get a spreadsheet completed while waiting for car repairs...this is the focus of blackberry and why it appeals to me and a million others. It may not be ideal for a 'regular' consumer looking to fill a void in their lives....but for the rest of us trying to get through our days without wasting time; that is what the Playbook is for.
    12-12-12 12:57 PM
    I had my first experience with an ipad (2) today. Amazing. I was shocked, and a little depressed as a PB owner, at how fast and responsive it was on all the apps I tried, especially TV apps but drfinitely not limited to them.There was no comparison with my PB, which leaves me wondering about all the people who testify that the ipad 2 struggles to compete with the PB. How do they manage to compare the PB favourably when it offers so much less functionality. oK, I get the price difference, and on that basis the PB is not a bad product if money is an issue. And i really like some PB features, such as swiping. But frankly, the ipad is in quite a different league, in my not so humble opinion.
    I've played with iPad 2 before and somehow it did not impress me much. How is it that playbook native apps are any slower than on ipad? If I was to go for a different tablet I would choose nexus 7 3g hands down even if money was no objection

Tablet games are cool but I do not see true ps3 quality games coming to any tablet in the near future. I think technology is just not there yet.
    12-12-12 12:59 PM
34 12