I have the playbook and I really like it alot but I live in Chicago and travel frequently to Phoenix and NYC and I would like an LTE tablet in addition to my playbook. I use my tablet for internet surfing, email, books, movies and music. Can anyone recommend a good LTE tablet? I have no experince at all with apple or android so i'm not sure how they would be for me. I have looked at the Ipad 3 but it seems awfully big. Maybe the galaxy 8.9 LTE?

Any thoughts??
    04-04-12 01:08 PM
    I have the playbook and I really like it alot but I live in Chicago and travel frequently to Phoenix and NYC and I would like an LTE tablet in addition to my playbook. I use my tablet for internet surfing, email, books, movies and music. Can anyone recommend a good LTE tablet? I have no experince at all with apple or android so i'm not sure how they would be for me. I have looked at the Ipad 3 but it seems awfully big. Maybe the galaxy 8.9 LTE?

Any thoughts??
    Get a good data plan and bridge your blackberry to your Playbook.

Saves you a second data plan and saves you having to buy a new tablet.
    04-04-12 01:22 PM
    I bridge my playbook but the connection was fairly slow and unreliable. I was in NYC a few weeks ago and it just got too frustrating. Money isn't an issue.
    04-04-12 01:34 PM
    I think att has a lte mobile hotspot.
    04-04-12 01:47 PM
    If you can't wait until the flood of Windows 8 tablets comes later this year (or for a PlayBook with a 3G/4G connection), I'd shoot for an iPad 3/HD or an Asus Transformer Prime (I think there is a 4G version with the latter). Apple's OS (iOS) is easier to learn, while Android OS can be more customized to the owner's preferences. Neither OS will be as intuitive or user-friendly as BlackBerry QNX'S OS with the latter's gesture interface.
    ambarmetta likes this.
    04-04-12 01:49 PM
    Can't you just use a phone that gives you a mobile hotspot?
    04-04-12 02:16 PM
    They have the Samsung Note. like a mini 5 inch tablet. Have a media/ or phone version. With strong data connections based on the model. I have a 32 gigb playbook and bridge with a 9900 works pretty fast in my experiences with bridge. But bluetoooth isnt as fast as LTE by a long shot. Apple makes the best use of LTE (all the apps). If I got an LTE tablet, I'd wait for the playbook 2. I second my vote for Asus Transformer Prime however it's a nice device.

But QNX is where it's at!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-04-12 02:28 PM
    If you want to keep your existing phone and Playbook and you don't mind spending more cash, Id go for the ATT mifi. Ive considered going this route myself because more and more hotels are charging for wifi.

AT&T Mobile Hotspot MiFi� 2372 - AT&T BusinessDirect� | Premier Business Center
    04-04-12 02:30 PM
    If you want to keep your existing phone and Playbook and you don't mind spending more cash, Id go for the ATT mifi. Ive considered going this route myself because more and more hotels are charging for wifi.

AT&T Mobile Hotspot MiFi® 2372 - AT&T BusinessDirect® | Premier Business Center

ive even seen ppl taking out their sims and using their daya plans to power mifi

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-04-12 02:34 PM
    yep...like the others have said if your looking for an LTE tablet, bridge your BB to your Playbook, and you have an instant 3G/4G connection which will save you some money. If you want a new tab, you can wait for the 4G Playbooks coming soon. But if you can't wait, maybe you can check the other forums within the MobileNations , They would give you a little more for your selection of devices to choose from, but mostly all CB users here are dedicated and will suggest the bridge. because it is easy and works great..
    04-04-12 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD