Ok i have a samsung galaxy tab, which i chose over the ipad.
    I have since purchased a BB playbook, and find i'm tending to lean towards the tab so far, i know they are 2 totally different os......
    Whats your thoughts guys ?
    07-09-11 03:42 PM
    Depends on what you are looking for. I love the portability of the PB and its stunning display. The cameras are excellent. The browser is excellent. The UI is the best on the market and the OS is the class of the field. The bridge is great. One of the most fun things about the PB is its potential. Each update unleashes more of it.
    07-09-11 03:48 PM
    I'm thinking you should decide for yourself. Maybe you need both for different purposes? Maybe you just wasted some money on a second tab you won't need? Maybe you should buy a Win7 tab also so you can be the first kid on the block with all the toys?

If you have money to burn, might as well cover all the bases.
    07-09-11 03:50 PM
    why do so many people ask others what to do/choose?
    Dont you have an own mind to build your own opinion.
    how can you expect someone to choose a tablet thats best for you.
    Everybody should know what he expects from a tablet and which offers to complete all those expectations the best.And this should be done before buying ,not after.
    There are lots of reviews for everything so everybody can make a good decision for himself.
    I really cant understand those people paying 500$ and more without getting proper informations before buying so they know what they get for their money.
    psiclne likes this.
    07-09-11 04:13 PM
    its your money, choose the one you feel you get the most for that money
    raremage likes this.
    07-09-11 05:11 PM
    Make a list of all the pro's and con's of each device. Count them up. Then multiply the pro's by the number of times you pick up each device. Take that figure, and tear it up and choose the device you like most OR keep both!
    07-09-11 05:38 PM
    Everybody should know what he expects from a tablet and which offers to complete all those expectations the best.And this should be done before buying ,not after.
    There are lots of reviews for everything so everybody can make a good decision for himself.
    I really cant understand those people paying 500$ and more without getting proper informations before buying so they know what they get for their money.
    Reading a review is seeking an opinion. At least actual owners don't get thrown by the lack of an insipid home button.
    07-09-11 05:43 PM
    The 7" Tab flashed with Gingerbread and phone software is a great device for $399.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

07-09-11 05:57 PM
    Why not keep both?

the.ak.hermit likes this.
    07-09-11 06:46 PM
    Kevin did created one Smartphone hierarchy of needs like this..

Since Kevin haven't make one for tablets specific, perhaps you could modify and fill in that pyramid with your needs and compare them with all the tablets offers.
    07-10-11 01:37 AM
    May I point you to my article I put a lot of effort into? :

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...settle-623781/

I own an iPad, Galaxy Tab 10.1 and PB 64GB.
    07-10-11 02:05 AM
    Why not keep both?
    ...and add iPad so you will not be confused... I know, it's quite not practical and expensive... but that will eventually eliminate your confusion... in fact, based on my personal experience, you are going to use them in different purposes... none of them is totally substituting one another...
    07-10-11 04:38 AM
    Thank all you guys for your valued opinions ! The object of my post, was just to find out if any of you had more than `1 tablet, and to get your views !
    Maybe i never got my point across properly !
    I suffer from cancer, and it affects my concentration a litttle !
    The tab was a present my wife bought me after an operation !
    So 1 i was not asking for you to choose for me, and i don't have money to burn.
    As for reading reviews, yes i do, infact many, but even they don,t all come up wth the same opinion !
    Again many thanks
    Regards
    Wobbly
    07-10-11 07:50 AM
    The questions I would ask to help the decision process:
    -what am I using it for? What are the most I,portent functions?
    -are there any apps that I must have that are only available on one vs the other?
    -where will I be using it? Do I need ubiquitous connectivity (cellular)?
    -do I own a blackberry? Is Bridge a factor?
    -does size matter? Do I prefer a smaller or larger screen?
    -do I prefer the interface of one vs the other (as an example, do widgets matter?)
    -will my wife get annoyed if I reject her present (possibly the most important question!)

Good luck with your decision and your treatment / recovery. Let us know what you choose, and I'd be curious to know why as well, if you'd care to share!
    07-10-11 08:04 AM
    I disagree completely. I've had a similar conversation with my supervisor when selling different types of paper to corporate clients - in regards to letting them see/feel a piece of paper from the pack. What I'm reading you type made me think of what he said. "The customer should already know what they are buying." When I heard this I told him he was completely wrong. You can try to research as much as you like but you still won't know anything about the paper until you experience it with your other senses.

What I'm getting at is I've had plenty of my clients ask my colleagues on their thoughts on whatever product I happen to be hawking at that particular time. So why should someone else asking other people about their thoughts on a particular product online be any different?

IE: The discussion generated from this thread has now let me stumble upon this pyramid that I would maybe not have seen otherwise. I am now a more educated consumer because of this sharing of information ^_^;

Kevin did created one Smartphone hierarchy of needs like this..

Since Kevin haven't make one for tablets specific, perhaps you could modify and fill in that pyramid with your needs and compare them with all the tablets offers.
    howarmat and raremage like this.
    07-10-11 08:14 AM
    The questions I would ask to help the decision process:
    -what am I using it for? What are the most I,portent functions?
    -are there any apps that I must have that are only available on one vs the other?
    -where will I be using it? Do I need ubiquitous connectivity (cellular)?
    -do I own a blackberry? Is Bridge a factor?
    -does size matter? Do I prefer a smaller or larger screen?
    -do I prefer the interface of one vs the other (as an example, do widgets matter?)
    I just saw a PB the other day working through Bridge and I was amazed. Aside from the bridge browsing the other thing that really charmed me about this device is the size. So now I, too, am asking myself those same questions. PB vs 7' Galaxy Tab. Referring back to the great pyramid picture - most of the stuff won't work here in my country like augmented reality, GPS, etc. Right now I'm leaning towards the PB as the Bridge is that ubiquitous (LoL that word makes me think of viscous syrup...) experience that I am looking for/need/can make extreme use of.

May I point you to my article I put a lot of effort into? :

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...settle-623781/

I own an iPad, Galaxy Tab 10.1 and PB 64GB.
    Thanks for posting that!
    ========
    See, the system of sharing information does work!
    07-10-11 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD